Tito has thrown in the towel

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Tito has thrown in the towel

In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel:
    [QUOTE]Thanks space, I was looking at their overall record. Hey maybe I should do that for my team 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Hey, its hard to do that when the boys are scuffling like this.  But it is important, as baseball, far more than any of the favorite American sports, is subject to big swoons for even the best teams.  Just a matter of perspective:  Like, The Sox really blow right now and the entire season is in jeopardy, OR, the Sox really blow right now, but their heretofore fantastic season has built them a cushion that allows them to go through this inevitable swoon and come out still playoff ready and posied for a championship run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : Yes, you were wrong. Tito took two players with poor numbers against opposing starter out in favor of ones with better numbers. That's a tough one, eh? In 2009 you said there was a better chance of a mid-air collision between the Rangers and the Rays than Boston making the playoffs. You said this when they were in fact leading in the WC race - in August . So spare me your doom/gloom predictions. You were wrong in 2009 in that the team did make the post season, so anything 'predicted' afterwards is not relevant. Spineless fans quit. To then claim Tito is weak is completely hypercritical of you. In 2009, I said they lost any advantage they had when Tito chose VMART to catch the staff. He should have manned first over Lowell, with Tek catching Beckett/Lester. Last year Cameron was hurt. So was Jake. Their seasons were both lost. This year you actually had them winning 100 games. UR optimism has turned completely sour as you can't handle or admit to coming up short. Weak managers don't win rings. They don't survive in Boston's fanatical landscape. Is Tito to blame for the pitching set-backs? You call Josh's ankle sprain phony, with no conclusive knowledge of the situation. That tells me all I need to know. Your season win projections fell short, so you blame the manager. Show me a more successful Boston manager in UR lifetime. Or better yet, become a NY Mets fan. Then you'll see how not to run an organization. You were a decent poster this year while you had some faith. But you reverted back to jelly without it.  That was an easy call.
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

yes harness, i was a decent poster when i AGREED with you (which I have done quite a bit - but if i go off the reservation i guess there is no mercy....)

I could care less about my prediction of 99 games...last time i checked however i will be probably 3-4 games off....not bad considering all the "injuries"...I could care less about my pedroia mistakes - I cite them frequently and laugh at myself - you on the other hand are a child - unable to admit you are wrong and petty in your personal attacks...what is this nonsense with Burrito???? Grow up please...I loved the way you totally skipped over your enthusiastic support for the cameron/ellsbury debacle...."they were both injured so i was not really wrong" argument....I also asked you to make a prediction about our team. Will it make the playoffs? How far will they go? Will Wake be on the roster? Instead I get more of your filibustering. I'm not trying to trick you just to call you out later...that's your game - I simply want to know what you think because you, like many regulars on this cite, have opinions that interest me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : yes harness, i was a decent poster when i AGREED with you(which I have done quite a bit - but if i go off the reservation i guess there is no mercy....) I could care less about my prediction of 99 games...last time i checked however i will be probably 3-4 games off....not bad considering all the "injuries"...I could care less about my pedroia mistakes - I cite them frequently and laugh at myself - you on the other hand are a child - unable to admit you are wrong and petty in your personal attacks...what is this nonsense with Burrito???? Grow up please...I loved the way you totally skipped over your enthusiastic support for the cameron/ellsbury debacle...."they were both injured so i was not really wrong" argument....I also asked you to make a prediction about our team. Will it make the playoffs? How far will they go? Will Wake be on the roster? Instead I get more of your filibustering. I'm not trying to trick you just to call you out later...that's your game - I simply want to know what you think because you, like many regulars on this cite, have opinions that interest me.
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

1) Agreeing with me is not the issue. I think you know many here don't. That's the whole idea about coming to a discussion board - to discuss.
    I said you were a decent poster in that you had the courage to stay positive.
    It's easy to get down on a team that's not going well. Decent posters have guts.
    They don't bail when things get tough - like you did in August of '09.

2) As for being petty, you have made some of the most abusive posts in the history of this forum. So don't stat pointing fingers my way. If a poster is gonna attack me, he/she can expect the same in return. If that bothers you, then you aren't as thick-skinned as you pretend to be.

3) I didn't skip over the CAM/Jake thing. If Cam was healthy and crapped out, then I'd freely admit it. Unlike you, I don't judge players when they are hurt. I know what it feels like to not be able to perform due to circumstances beyond my control.
    It truly sickens me when PC quarterbacks spout beer-can crushing BS ,only to then b*tch to their wives or kids about petty garbage.

4) I didn't notice UR taking any definitive position on whether the team will make the PO's...or how far they'll go. I say they will definitely make the playoffs. How about you?
    As for projecting their PO trek, it depends on many elements: mainly health and who the opposition is. A bit early to look into the PO crystal ball. I certainly won't bail on them or over-react due to the current state of affairs. How about you?

As for Wake, I think he'll be on a playoff roster. Just a guess. I wouldn't be surprised if he or Lackey or Drew were left off a given round of PO's, in the hopes the team will be playing beyond round one.

I projected the '09 team would win 100 games. They didn't.
    I said last year's squad would have the best road record they've had in a decade. They didn't.
    I projected the O's would have a good season this year. They didn't.
    See, I admit to coming up short. My world doesn't spiral out of control.
    How about yours?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

georom4  "i was a decent poster when i AGREED with you (which I have done quite a bit - but if i go off the reservation i guess there is no mercy....)" 

As you can see in another thread geo that harness is now in the process of punishing hill55 for having a different opinion than his. 

It is what he does best... seen it a hundred times... 

harness thinks he is "debating" and "discussing" while he pounds away with paragraph after paragraph of retorts/attacks. Eventually posters give up and harness calls them "jelly" "cowards" and "rabbits"... he seems to see it as some sort of victory.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]georom4  " i was a decent poster when i AGREED with you (which I have done quite a bit - but if i go off the reservation i guess there is no mercy....)"  As you can see in another thread geo that harness is now in the process of punishing hill55 for having a different opinion than his.  It is what he does best... seen it a hundred times...  harness thinks he is "debating" and "discussing" while he pounds away with paragraph after paragraph of retorts/attacks. Eventually posters give up and harness calls them "jelly" "cowards" and "rabbits"... he seems to see it as some sort of victory.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

You are a loon, totally incapable of not only debating baseball, but distinguishing  such from "punishing".

Attacks = 4 threads about me, using Jesus and Nazi's. Or crying to BDC Dottie while hiding UR jealous bone.

Go find another poster to shoulder UR tears. Geo might have the guts to pull a Boom and shove UR helping hand right back down UR throat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Issues Issues dude, shoving things down peoples throats? Sounds violent.  

Here again you shift from the blame... your presently in the middle of exasperating hill55 over a #4 pitcher on another team.  You are arguing with 3 posters on 3 different things... you seem to be the only one here that can't get along well with others.

Try not to get the KFC grease all over your keyboard while your trying to wipe off the big mac filled saliva you spat all over your monitor in one of your tantrums.

BTW Jabba the Hut called and said the pants you lent him were toooo small.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Amazing how some here can actually post about various subject matter simultaneously. While others use a good poster like Hill55 to mask his own pathetic jealousy.

Only a low-life would use such measures.

BTW: The exterminator will be by tomorrow to remove the RED snakes from your jelly-spine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I heard Denny's had a Mac n Cheese Patty Melt.... give us a review in a few hours will ya?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

It'll take that long for you to drain and drink the 90-proof marinating sauce.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

C'mon oh great projector Geo, where is your gutsy projection on the RedSox making the playoffs? Will you quit again like you did in '09?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

[QUOTE]Possible, Pete, very possible that CC felt like he was dissed by Tito instead of simply stuck with game after game in a proper batting spot for him. I just see him being very despondent often in a Sox jersey.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]
    They should have left K Krawford batting third all year . Their would be no stress now, if Tito, because they would have been out of the race 2 weeks ago.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

All is lost. Woe is me, why aren't I made of stone like thee?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bad-Scene. Show Bad-Scene's posts

[QUOTE]All is lost. Woe is me, why aren't I made of stone like thee?
    Posted by Myles-Standish[/QUOTE]

Hey did you see?  Posada is catching

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon oh great projector Geo , where is your gutsy projection on the RedSox making the playoffs? Will you quit again like you did in '09?
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

proof you are an idiot

Forum Post: www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ad029a155-fa2d-4f58-8b96-58a095038f25">Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away". at 9/10/2011 9:25 AM EDT
    we will make it to the playoffs...like Milton Berle this team is taking out just enough to win.

Im as angry as can be about all these injuries because of our wussy conditioning but the RAYS WILL NOT GET CLOSER THAN 5 GAMES.....WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS....bank on it

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : proof you are an idiot Forum Post: www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ad029a155-fa2d-4f58-8b96-58a095038f25 " /> Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away". at 9/10/2011 9:25 AM EDT we will make it to the playoffs...like Milton Berle this team is taking out just enough to win. Forum Post: www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aefea4546-1bde-48e1-a782-b0fbdec5d4a7 "> Re: why rays will catch sox at 9/6/2011 4:51 PM EDT Im as angry as can be about all these injuries because of our wussy conditioning but the RAYS WILL NOT GET CLOSER THAN 5 GAMES.....WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS....bank on it

Never saw those posts until now. [Your links failed]. Nice to see you actually have some guts this year. There's a first for everything.

Glad you didn't get petty.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

Georom is a teacher and he can make a great pizza. Let him be.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito has thrown in the towel : proof you are an idiot Forum Post: www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3ad029a155-fa2d-4f58-8b96-58a095038f25 " /> Re: "There certainly wasn't any sense of urgency tonight. The Red Sox were rather desultory, seemingly content to let another game drift away". at 9/10/2011 9:25 AM EDT we will make it to the playoffs...like Milton Berle this team is taking out just enough to win. Forum Post: www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a81df60f3-70ee-4ca3-9336-8cf2c0a8301aDiscussion%3aefea4546-1bde-48e1-a782-b0fbdec5d4a7 "> Re: why rays will catch sox at 9/6/2011 4:51 PM EDT Im as angry as can be about all these injuries because of our wussy conditioning but the RAYS WILL NOT GET CLOSER THAN 5 GAMES.....WE ARE GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS....bank on it

Well, this one bit the dust.

100% correct - as usual?
    100% blowhard - as usual.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

"petty"? thats your role harness. bringing up things from 2009 to make a point about a posters present comment on this season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

2009: Poster quits his team.
    Quitters tend to revert back to career form.

You were a jerk in 2009.
    You were a jerk in 2010.
    You are still a jerk, who leans on other posters because you are too weak to stand alone.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFutureNow. Show TheFutureNow's posts

[QUOTE]From NESN.com: Gonzalez had started every game since July 29. Of the three games he has missed this season, two have seen Romero on the mound. Gonzalez and Crawford are a combined 3-for-23 (.130) with eight strikeouts against zero walks against Romero. The shuffle allows Dustin Pedroia to bat third for the first time since July 6, which was also the last time Boston faced Romero. Marco Scutaro jumps up to the second spot in the lineup, looking to extend an impressive four-game hitting streak. Scutaro is batting .563 (9-for-17) with nine RBIs during the surge. Kevin Youkilis takes Gonzalez's spot at first base. Jed Lowrie will start at third. Lowrie is 5-for-8 in his career against Romero. The top six hitters in the Boston batting order are 41-for-96 (.427) vs. the lefty
    Posted by mrmojo1120[/QUOTE]

_

A 4 game hitting streak is impressive ?

_

Sections
Shortcuts