TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

Papelbon can't get 4 outs?????????

Now take Bard out AFTER THE LEAD IS BLOWN!

GENIUS!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: TITO IS A MORON!!!!!!!!

In Response to TITO IS A MORON!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Papelbon can't get 4 outs????????? Now take Bard out AFTER THE LEAD IS BLOWN! GENIUS!!!!!
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I do wonder why Bard was left in to get Bautista.  Get their best hitter with your best pitcher.   If Papelbon cannot get 4 outs, let someone else get the save for once....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joerock22. Show joerock22's posts

I wouldn't call him a moron, but his decision tonight was very puzzling.  I'm fine with leaving Bard in to try to get out of his own mess, especially after the 2 strikeouts.  But once he walks the batter to make it 8-7, it's time to go, especially with Bautista coming up.  Who would you rather have facing one of the best hitters in the game, a fresh Papelbon or a struggling Bard? 

Maybe Francona didn't want to use Pap for 4 outs because he threw a lot of pitches on Monday.  But that was 2 nights ago, and the last time Pap had pitched before that was August.  Puzzling...very puzzling...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from racerred. Show racerred's posts

In Response to TITO IS A MORON!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Papelbon can't get 4 outs????????? Now take Bard out AFTER THE LEAD IS BLOWN! GENIUS!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

In Response to Re: TITO IS A MORON!!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't call him a moron
    Posted by joerock22[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, i blew a gasket yet again on his boneheaded pitching moves/lackthereof.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

Unbelieveable poor use of Bullpen again.  All I have to say is can he think ahead-- just once. WOW!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't call him a moron, but his decision tonight was very puzzling.  I'm fine with leaving Bard in to try to get out of his own mess, especially after the 2 strikeouts.  But once he walks the batter to make it 8-7, it's time to go, especially with Bautista coming up.  Who would you rather have facing one of the best hitters in the game, a fresh Papelbon or a struggling Bard?  Maybe Francona didn't want to use Pap for 4 outs because he threw a lot of pitches on Monday.  But that was 2 nights ago, and the last time Pap had pitched before that was August.  Puzzling...very puzzling...

Even if Papelbon was only good for one out, the game is on the line when Bautista is up, and this is far, far more important than making sure the right guy gets the save.

If Papelbon gets Bautista, then someone else can face Encarnacion, Johnson, Lawrie with the bases empty.  If Bautista gets to Papelbon, at least he beat your best and there is no "what if."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Why would you bring Albers in in any game that is tight? This guy has been absolutely awful of late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

While I think the criticism is merited, I would offer two thoughts.  First and foremost, Papelbon is not good--very few relievers except Bard are--coming in when the bases are loaded.  Please tell me I'm wrong by citing the last time he did that successfully.  Second, the walk that made the score 8-7, the one everyone assumes should have brought in Papelbon, was a long at bat in which Bard started out with an 0-2 count.  I think Francona thought Bard had a better chance, especially righty against righty, even against Bautista.  But, as that at bat demonstrated, by then Bard was out of gas. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

man im glad i had my fantasy football draft tonite....we are melting

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE] Why would you bring Albers in in any game that is tight? This guy has been absolutely awful of late.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

To be fair there, Aceves can't pitch every day, Wheeler and Morales already threw, and if he was not going to use Papelbon, there wasn't much left beyond the call-ups or Albers...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]I wouldn't call him a moron, but his decision tonight was very puzzling.  I'm fine with leaving Bard in to try to get out of his own mess, especially after the 2 strikeouts.  But once he walks the batter to make it 8-7, it's time to go, especially with Bautista coming up.  Who would you rather have facing one of the best hitters in the game, a fresh Papelbon or a struggling Bard?  Maybe Francona didn't want to use Pap for 4 outs because he threw a lot of pitches on Monday.  But that was 2 nights ago, and the last time Pap had pitched before that was August.  Puzzling...very puzzling...

Agree completely. You have to go with Paps after Bard walked Thames. Beyond puzzling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]While I think the criticism is merited, I would offer two thoughts.  First and foremost, Papelbon is not good--very few relievers except Bard are--coming in when the bases are loaded.  Please tell me I'm wrong by citing the last time he did that successfully.  Second, the walk that made the score 8-7, the one everyone assumes should have brought in Papelbon, was a long at bat in which Bard started out with an 0-2 count.  I think Francona thought Bard had a better chance, especially righty against righty, even against Bautista.  But, as that at bat demonstrated, by then Bard was out of gas. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

How often does Bard throw 36 pitches and is asked to get 4 outs? Papelbon had a day off, i think he was ok to pitch tonight IMO.
    Coaching loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!:

that drives me nuts!!! wait until the lead is blown then make a moveYell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

bard didnt look right to me as soon as i saw him, way more sliders than ususal, arm slot way off looked like he was pushing the ball his mechanics were all out of whack!!! what the h e l l does curt young get paid for anyway if i could see it why couldnt he. and i agree with most of you there is no way he faces bautista in that situation with the inning he was having. horrible managing of a bulpen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]While I think the criticism is merited, I would offer two thoughts.  First and foremost, Papelbon is not good--very few relievers except Bard are--coming in when the bases are loaded.  Please tell me I'm wrong by citing the last time he did that successfully.  Second, the walk that made the score 8-7, the one everyone assumes should have brought in Papelbon, was a long at bat in which Bard started out with an 0-2 count.  I think Francona thought Bard had a better chance, especially righty against righty, even against Bautista.  But, as that at bat demonstrated, by then Bard was out of gas. 

In 50 career plate appearances with the bases loaded, the league is hitting .085 / .120 / .149 against Papelbon.  It is by far his most favorable split, but also his smallest sample size.

Papelbon has only entered one game this year with the bases loaded.  That was against Oakland on April 20.  He replaced Bobby Jenks with 2 outs and a 3 run lead.  Papelbon struck out David DeJesus to end the threat and got a 4 out save....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I say again, when was the last time anyone remembers Papelbon came into a game with the bases loaded and getting that one key out?  Someone?  Anyone?  I know Bard has done by getting more than one out, but don't remember Papelbon doing it, certainly not this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I say again, when was the last time anyone remembers Papelbon came into a game with the bases loaded and getting that one key out?  Someone?  Anyone?  I know Bard has done by getting more than one out, but don't remember Papelbon doing it, certainly not this year. 

Pretty sure I already answered that one. 

Bear in mind, Papelbon is brought in at the beginning of an inning most of the time.  He has only inherited 5 runners all season, allowing 1 to score.

Three of the 5 were in that one game in Oakland...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]I say again, when was the last time anyone remembers Papelbon came into a game with the bases loaded and getting that one key out?  Someone?  Anyone?  I know Bard has done by getting more than one out, but don't remember Papelbon doing it, certainly not this year. 

Bard has entered 4 games this year with thebases loaded, including that same April 20th game vs Oakland (but Bard relieved starter Buchholz in the sixth.)

In those 4 appearances, Bard allowed only 2 of the 12 IR to score.

Howver, all of that was pretty immaterial considering tonight Bard could not find the strike zone if he was standing on the plate...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again.The Red Sox win in spite of Francoma.He cannot handle a pitching staff.Bringing in Fat Albers in that situstion the way he's been pitching is just plain stupid.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fgug. Show fgug's posts

Francona is the WORST manager in baseball. Only a complete buffoon leaves bard in once the game gets to 8-7. You send in your BEST against THEIR BEST. But apparently that concept was completely lost by the GREAT SEED EATER. How he chose Albers is mystifying to me.  Now if they lose tomorrow, (and Miller sucks pretty bad) , then they go into tampa HAVING to win. This season is a BIG disappointment as far as I am concerned. the silver lining would be, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Francona would be fired, because he deserves to be after watching him manage this year

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : In 50 career plate appearances with the bases loaded, the league is hitting .085 / .120 / .149 against Papelbon.  It is by far his most favorable split, but also his smallest sample size. Papelbon has only entered one game this year with the bases loaded.  That was against Oakland on April 20.  He replaced Bobby Jenks with 2 outs and a 3 run lead.  Papelbon struck out David DeJesus to end the threat and got a 4 out save....
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Well done.  I bow to your greater knowledge.  Pap should have gone in. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TW4069. Show TW4069's posts

You have a valid point,but when has Matt Albers ever come in to a situation like this with the game on the line. His recent performances have been poor. Maybe there was something wrong with Papelbon. If not, it was a very strange decision.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]Francona is the WORST manager in baseball. Only a complete buffoon leaves bard in once the game gets to 8-7. You send in your BEST against THEIR BEST. But apparently that concept was completely lost by the GREAT SEED EATER. How he chose Albers is mystifying to me.  Now if they lose tomorrow, (and Miller sucks pretty bad) , then they go into tampa HAVING to win. This season is a BIG disappointment as far as I am concerned. the silver lining would be, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Francona would be fired, because he deserves to be after watching him manage this year
    Posted by fgug[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your strategy, I think you greatly underestimate Francona.

He does have an odd weakness for not bringing in Papelbon with the game on the line in the 8th or 7th, preferring him for the last 3 or 4 outs.  But that is not an uncommon flaw among managers. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]Francona is the WORST manager in baseball. Only a complete buffoon leaves bard in once the game gets to 8-7. You send in your BEST against THEIR BEST. But apparently that concept was completely lost by the GREAT SEED EATER. How he chose Albers is mystifying to me.  Now if they lose tomorrow, (and Miller sucks pretty bad) , then they go into tampa HAVING to win. This season is a BIG disappointment as far as I am concerned. the silver lining would be, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Francona would be fired, because he deserves to be after watching him manage this year
    Posted by fgug[/QUOTE]

I like how you jump into conclusions.

If Tom Brady throws an interception, you will call him the worst QB in the history of mankind.  

Sections
Shortcuts