TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

Fat Albers should be released,he's a waste of a roster spot.Two and a half games back,how many games in the past month as this bum cost us.Not including how many games Francona as cost us with his boneheaded moves.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I usually can't stand anti-Tito threads but this one is fair, this was not a good night for him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Francona is the WORST manager in baseball"

Except you. You have no credibility with statements like that. 

Since Tito has two rings, what you are saying is he gets blamed for the losses (on a playoff-bound team), but no credit for the wins. 

Even your high school debating team must struggle with your argumentation skills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Did Francona pitch,hit,field etc.He won two World Series because of the Red Sox players,who played lights out in both those World Series.All he did was stand there chewing and spitting his seeds.This guy can't handle a pitching staff.I don't care what anybody says.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Did Francona pitch,hit,field etc.He won two World Series because of the Red Sox players,who played lights out in both those World Series.All he did was stand there chewing and spitting his seeds.This guy can't handle a pitching staff.I don't care what anybody says.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]
    Wait, so he deserves no credit when the players play well but he deserves all of the blame when they play bad? Do I have that right?
    He screwed up tonight, no question, but at least use some logic in your argument.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Feel better everyone! Andrew Miller tomorrow night. Er, well, nevermind....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

No he don't!If the players play well,the players play well.What the heck does that have to do with Francona,what does he do sprinkle them with play well dust.All he does is stand there and watch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]No he don't!If the players play well,the players play well.What the heck does that have to do with Francona,what does he do sprinkle them with play well dust.All he does is stand there and watch.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]
    OK, if all he does is stand there and watch, why is it his fault when the play badly?
    Take your time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

If they play badly and lose,then thats on them.Francoma cost them this game by bringing in Albers who can't get old lady out.This and many games because he can't handle a pitching staff.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Outkast1978. Show Outkast1978's posts

Francona is a freakyn stupid a*s manager is a miracle the red sox win this many games.. I was thinking the same thing why couldn't johnatHAn get 4 outs...I can't stand tito

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]If they play badly and lose,then thats on them.Francoma cost them this game by bringing in Albers who can't get old lady out.This and many games because he can't handle a pitching staff.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]
    I won't argue with that ... tonight's decision to bring in Albers, and not bring in Paps, baffles me. Maybe there's something there we don't know about (be interested to hear the post-game interview) but it makes zero sense on the surface.
    Where you lose me is that the Sox won two world championships in spite of him. They went 86 years without winning the World Series before he showed up, and they had plenty of teams as talented or more talented than the ones in '04 and '07.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]I usually can't stand anti-Tito threads but this one is fair, this was not a good night for him.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    I really am not anti - Tito but why does he continue to wait until AFTER the lead is gone BEFORE he makes a pitching change? This is my main beef with him. Does he know what ''protect the lead'' means?

I guess i can't stand the stupidity losses.

Well at least Paps will be well rested when we don't need him tomorrow.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

LloydDobler I'm not trying to have a argument with you.They won those two World Series because their starting pitching was untouchable.I've never seen a Red Sox team pitch as good as they did in those two World Series in my 45 yrs. as a Red Sox fan.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

A good manager puts in the ace when needed...even if the fire that needs to be put out is in the 7th.......but not according to Tito!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Come play-off time Clay will be a key addition to the relief corps... that is one positive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Lloyd Dobler where are you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

tito is a joke. time and time again he makes the same mistakes and time and time again they backfire on him. everytime he leaves pitchers in too long. instead of pulling them and giving the team a chance to still win the game, he leaves them in until the lead is lost and the game is almost out of reach. and just a note for tito, when a pitcher is getting hammered everytime he pitches, its probably not a good idea to throw him in when the game is on the line and the leading home run hitter in the american league is at the plate. also i wonder if theo still feels that there was no need to add a late innings reliever at the deadline. i bet a guy like say mike adams would have been a much better option than albers to relieve bard. but according to theo, guys like atchison, morales, bowden, doubront, wheeler, albers etc are so good that theo did not feel the need to pick up a good reliver. or maybe he was still waiting for his great investment bobby jenks to come back and save the pen. well guess what? jenks is done for the seasona and none of those guys are good enough to fill the role that he was expect to fill. now we are left with guys like albers to come in late in games and we all saw how that worked out tonight.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Come play-off time Clay will be a key addition to the relief corps... that is one positive.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I hope that you are right.  I would imagine that Buchholz will be in the bullpen during the playoffs.  He will be a welcome addition, as long as he doesn't have any setbacks.  I am remaining optimistic and hope that this happens. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]" Francona is the WORST manager in baseball" Except you. You have no credibility with statements like that.  Since Tito has two rings, what you are saying is he gets blamed for the losses (on a playoff-bound team), but no credit for the wins.  Even your high school debating team must struggle with your argumentation skills.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

You do realize that everybody and their cousins got rings, don't you? And each of them had as much to do with earning those rings as Francona did.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

The Monday morning quarterbacks are out in force yet again!  Bard has been nearly perfect all year and he has a bad outing and once again it is all "Francoma's" fault!  Matt Albers should be able to get 1 batter out  even as bad as he's been lately, he was one of the bright spots out of the pen in the first half and was greatly overused out of necessity because Jenks was hurt and Wheeler was completely ineffective.  The idea was to get through the 8th(after Bard's uncharacteristic meltdown) and have Paps in the 9th ideally with the game tied.  Albers gave up a bases clearing hit and that was the game, this is baseball! This team is in the postseason folks stop with all of the negativity!  We could be back in the early 90's with Butch (cocaine) Hobson managing a team to 70 wins!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : Wait, so he deserves no credit when the players play well but he deserves all of the blame when they play bad? Do I have that right? He screwed up tonight, no question, but at least use some logic in your argument.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

He deserves no credit when a players, pitchers in particular, are in trouble, and he does nothing. When was the last time you saw a pitcher call time out and point to the bullpen?? The manager has to be able to determine when it's time to replace a struggling player. Francona fails miserably in this facet of managing a baseball team. When a player plays well, why would the manager get credit? In fact if a player goes on a hot streak, the managerial moron will rest him. When a player is consistently performing poorly, Francona will continue using him, no matter the importance of the game.
    He has always been a poor manager, he is no better now than he was in Phily and he will never be a decent baseball manager. His managing abilities do not qualify him to coach a high school baseball team.
    He is a horrid manager. But that's nothing new.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

For your information, there is only three to four excellent bullpen pitchers to be use (Aceves, Wheeler (sometime), Bard and Papelbon).  Like someone said, Papelpon was used alot for monday game as well for Aceves too.  What should Tito do, over use the bullpen?  

Come on  guys, there is less than 30 games to go, and Tito just do not want to wear out the bullpen before the post season.

If you want to blame the most, blame Wakefield for giving up 5 runs, and failed to go past 6 innings.  If he want to get the 200 wins, he got to be able to keep the run down as well to go far in the game.

You will all blame Tito no matter what.  What if Papelbon come in and give up three runs double.  Then you would say "why did Tito take out Bard too early?". You will find all kind of excuse.

Bard had a chance to put the inning away when he finally got two outs, but unfortunelately he didnt.  Good thing he failed, and now know that he got to do better next time especially he will know what it is alike to handle the pressure.

Season is far over!!  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : He deserves no credit when a players, pitchers in particular, are in trouble, and he does nothing. When was the last time you saw a pitcher call time out and point to the bullpen?? The manager has to be able to determine when it's time to replace a struggling player. Francona fails miserably in this facet of managing a baseball team. When a player plays well, why would the manager get credit? In fact if a player goes on a hot streak, the managerial moron will rest him. When a player is consistently performing poorly, Francona will continue using him, no matter the importance of the game. He has always been a poor manager, he is no better now than he was in Phily and he will never be a decent baseball manager. His managing abilities do not qualify him to coach a high school baseball team. He is a horrid manager. But that's nothing new.
    Posted by BOSOX1941[/QUOTE]

"Sing Johnny One Note sing out with gusto"!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Francona did not have closer Jonathan Papelbon warming up knowing that Bautista was 0 for 5 against Bard in his career with three strikeouts.

“He had handled Bautista so well,’’ Francona said. “I actually thought it was the right thing to do.’’

Sections
Shortcuts