TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!

I don't understand why most everyone on this board looks at one situation in the game, when the whole game was terribly played.
    We should have blown this game out in the first inning but Papi and Crawford failed to put the ball in play with bases loaded and no outs. Thankfully, Scut came through but then Youk makes the third out at third base, a cardinal sin.
    Salty can't make a dcent throw to 2B and the ball goes into CF. Poor defense on the double steal which gives the Jays a two run lead; another PB by Salty leading to another unearned run for Wake; numerous opportunities to score a bunch of runs; Crawford leaving 6 on base.
    It was definitely a team loss.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Lloyd Dobler where are you?
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]
    Right here, xmen. Thought I'd get some sleep.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : I won't argue with that ... tonight's decision to bring in Albers, and not bring in Paps, baffles me. Maybe there's something there we don't know about (be interested to hear the post-game interview) but it makes zero sense on the surface. Where you lose me is that the Sox won two world championships in spite of him. They went 86 years without winning the World Series before he showed up, and they had plenty of teams as talented or more talented than the ones in '04 and '07.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    Lloyd, Tito cant handle a bullpen true, but where the hell is Epstein, this is the guy that has killed this team. Bobby JENKS 12 million for 2 years if he would have signed  someone who could have pitched for 6 million a year instead of a beached whale our bullpen would not be shot, So many of our guys have hit the wall it isn't funny. Tito not pitching  Wheeler till Late August has  hurt this bullpen also not knowing how to use Wake in the pen has taken its toll to enough ranting but its the misuse of a bullpen that will cost us in the end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : Lloyd, Tito cant handle a bullpen true, but where the hell is Epstein, this is the guy that has killed this team. Bobby JENKS 12 million for 2 years if he would have signed  someone who could have pitched for 6 million a year instead of a beached whale our bullpen would not be shot, So many of our guys have hit the wall it isn't funny. Tito not pitching  Wheeler till Late August has  hurt this bullpen also not knowing how to use Wake in the pen has taken its toll to enough ranting but its the misuse of a bullpen that will cost us in the end.
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

I disagree Tito can't handle the bullpen. Usually, I believe he makes the right moves. And obviously had Bard pitched his way out of it last night, this thread wouldn't exist. That said, I was yelling at the TV "Where the hell is Paps?!?" after Bard walked Thames.
    Honestly, I think Tito was caught off-guard. Maybe he's like me, he takes Bard for granted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeDizzle. Show MikeDizzle's posts

I tjink this once again shows that the sox need to bring Pap back for the grooming of Bard, he seems to have been doing worse in clutch situations since he broke his innings without a run streak. I don't think he is ready to step into the closer role just yet keep him as a setup and let Pap do his thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]For your information, there is only three to four excellent bullpen pitchers to be use (Aceves, Wheeler (sometime), Bard and Papelbon).  Like someone said, Papelpon was used alot for monday game as well for Aceves too.  What should Tito do, over use the bullpen?   Come on  guys, there is less than 30 games to go, and Tito just do not want to wear out the bullpen before the post season. If you want to blame the most, blame Wakefield for giving up 5 runs, and failed to go past 6 innings.  If he want to get the 200 wins, he got to be able to keep the run down as well to go far in the game. You will all blame Tito no matter what.  What if Papelbon come in and give up three runs double.  Then you would say "why did Tito take out Bard too early?". You will find all kind of excuse. Bard had a chance to put the inning away when he finally got two outs, but unfortunelately he didnt.  Good thing he failed, and now know that he got to do better next time especially he will know what it is alike to handle the pressure. Season is far over!!  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

But to go to Albers over others such as Atchison, Bowden, etc?  Albers has a shot arm given his ERA since August 1 is probably over 15. Why would you use him?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO makes me mad!!!!!!! : I disagree Tito can't handle the bullpen. Usually, I believe he makes the right moves. And obviously had Bard pitched his way out of it last night, this thread wouldn't exist. That said, I was yelling at the TV "Where the hell is Paps?!?" after Bard walked Thames. Honestly, I think Tito was caught off-guard. Maybe he's like me, he takes Bard for granted.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
    I still think if they would have gotten  Jenks  in shape even if they had to keep him in Florida for an extra 4 weeks we would  have  pitchers  who would be well rested  now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]Francona is the WORST manager in baseball. Only a complete buffoon leaves bard in once the game gets to 8-7. You send in your BEST against THEIR BEST. But apparently that concept was completely lost by the GREAT SEED EATER. How he chose Albers is mystifying to me.  Now if they lose tomorrow, (and Miller sucks pretty bad) , then they go into tampa HAVING to win. This season is a BIG disappointment as far as I am concerned. the silver lining would be, if they don't make the playoffs, maybe Francona would be fired, because he deserves to be after watching him manage this year
    Posted by fgug[/QUOTE]

Tottaly agree with your post "fgug", BUT the word on the street is that Theo is planning on a contract extension for Francona, with an appreciable raise.  In the business world, underperformers and underachievers would love to be working for a guy like Theo who rewards their kind, and yea I know, "Francona" won 2 World Series" for the Sox.  GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

If they work Bard in the 7th, why not paps in the 8th?  I agree 100% ... puzzling.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Bard only pitched to one batter in the 7th inning, so therefore he should come back for the next innings.  Also Papelbon pitched last monday.  So therefore, you do not want to wear out these two people too much for the rest of the season.  If you want to see Boston to start winning at the same time it is important to not to use too much bullpen, tell the offense to start hitting as well tell the starting pitchers to start pitching further in the game.  This wouldnt happen!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]No he don't!If the players play well,the players play well.What the heck does that have to do with Francona,what does he do sprinkle them with play well dust.All he does is stand there and watch.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]

This is nonsense.  Francona makes the lineup and during the game the decisions on substitutions and relief pitchers.  He also signals steals, bunts, location of fielders for given batters, etc.  All managers do that. 

If you insist on giving the players most or all of the credit for what they do right, which I basically agree with, then they have to get some of the blame when they don't. 

Yes, you can make a case the Bard was through when he walked in the 7th Toronto run in the 8th inning. 

But the case for leaving him in wasn't half bad.  First, he had just struck out two Jays after walking a guy, giving up a hit, and hitting a guy (on a 1-2 count)to load the bases.  After those two strikeouts, it looked like Bard was back in business.  Second, he almost struck out the batter he eventually walked because he started with two straight strikes.  But the Toronto guy hung in, fouled some pitches off, and finally got the walk to make the score 8-7.  Third, Bautista had batted against Bard 5 times with no hits and 3 K's.  Fourth, there is always a big risk when you bring in a new pitcher with the bases loaded and a lot on the line.  

I'm not saying there wasn't justification for bringing Pap in, just that there was also justification for letting Bard finish the inning.   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYSoxFan9. Show NYSoxFan9's posts

This is why they ran him out of Philly. He's always been an awful situational manager. He keeps the team loose but when the pressures on he folds. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

maxbialystock.Francona makes out the lineup,like he keeps on playing that bum McDonald.Why not give C. Jackson a shot or continue to play Reddick vs. leftys, they can't do any worse.When a player is hot and really hitting,Francona will decide to give that player a rest,this is the time to ride this wave.Two he makes the pitching chances.We are in a pennant chase.Wakefield is not helping us win any games,he should not even be in the rotation.Instead of trying to win games, Fracona is trying to get Wake his 200th win and be everybodys buddy.I don't give a damn about Wakes 200th win.I care about winning games.He should not be pitching M. Albers at all,how many games has that cost us.Three,you mean steal signs like in last nights game.The one that ended the game,when a ball in the gap can score the tying run.Aviles is not really a base stealer,most he has in a season is 14.Four,he never gives the bunt signal,how many games has he cost us there.As I said before,we win in spite of Francona.Why did they run him out of Philly.The guy is not a good manager.I don't care how many excuses people make for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]maxbialystock.Francona makes out the lineup,like he keeps on playing that bum McDonald.Why not give C. Jackson a shot or continue to play Reddick vs. leftys, they can't do any worse.When a player is hot and really hitting,Francona will decide to give that player a rest,this is the time to ride this wave.Two he makes the pitching chances.We are in a pennant chase.Wakefield is not helping us win any games,he should not even be in the rotation.Instead of trying to win games, Fracona is trying to get Wake his 200th win and be everybodys buddy.I don't give a damn about Wakes 200th win.I care about winning games.He should not be pitching M. Albers at all,how many games has that cost us.Three,you mean steal signs like in last nights game.The one that ended the game,when a ball in the gap can score the tying run.Aviles is not really a base stealer,most he has in a season is 14.Four,he never gives the bunt signal,how many games has he cost us there.As I said before,we win in spite of Francona.Why did they run him out of Philly.The guy is not a good manager.I don't care how many excuses people make for him.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]

xmen, he manages the rest days very well.  CJackson is semi-disabled, thus McDonald until Reddick can show he can hit lefties.  Wakefield ain't so hot, but he's pretty close to the best available among Weiland, Miller, and maybe even Lackey.  I was really mad last night, but he did go 5 innings with 4 earned runs.  Last times out for Lackey and Miller, they would have loved to get those numbers.  Wakefield, it should be remembered, is pitching mostly because Matsuzaka is out, Buchholz is out, Beckett missed and is missing starts, Lester missed a couple, and Lackey was on the DL.  Meanwhile guys like Miller and Weiland have shown they aren't yet MLB ready.  Albers was terrific until about a month ago.  Maybe he can get it back.  Aviles has stolen 10 of 12 or something like that this year.  My guess, however, is that Reddick was going to make the final out, so Aviles getting caught didn't break my heart.  Not many bunts, but that's basically Red Sox policy, going all the way up to John Henry, who personally hired Mr. Sabermetrics, Bill James, the scourge of bunting.  Francona was OK in Philly until that final year when things went dead south.  But he was immediately rehired as a bench coach or assistant to the president or something.  Plus there can be little doubt he has learned from previous experiences. 

The Red Sox organization is very successful as a business with smart people at every level.  They like Francona managing this team.    It is not credible for someone like you to say that Francona is the worst manager in MLB. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

Like the lineup he has tonight.What a joke.Chaulk up another loss to FRancona.He won't be happy until Tampa Bay passes us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

From WEEI.com:

TORONTO — Some have suggested that Jonathan Papelbon should have been the guy to face Jose Bautista, or even Edwin Encarncion, or at least have been warming up in what turned out to be a five-run eighth inning for the Blue Jays Wednesday night.

Well, here is why he wasn’t:

- The reason why Papelbon wasn’t warming up when Terry Francona decided to get Matt Albers up in the eighth was because Papelbon rarely ever warms up in the eight inning. He has pitched three times this season in the eighth, the last occasion coming way back on May 9. He also did it just four times in ’10.

- If this was a playoff game, Francona would have most likely had Papelbon warming. The closer has, after all, pitched in the eighth four times in the playoffs, including two out of the three American League Division Series games against the Angels in ’09. He has also pitched in the eighth on one day’s rest just once (May 9) in the past three seasons, with four days passing before he pitched after that May outing

- Before the at-bat that saw Bard walk in the tying run, Bautista was 0-for-6 against the reliever with three strikeouts. He had also seemingly righted the ship, having struck out two of the three previous batters. On the flip side, Bard had already thrown 31 pitches (on his way to 36, the second-most of his big league career) and Papelbon had success with Bautista (1-for-8) and with the bases loaded (7 batters faced this season, 7 strikeouts).

- Regarding Encarnacion, Albers had good success against him, limiting the righty hitter to two hits in 11 at-bats, totaling six strikeouts. Encarnacion, on the other hand, was 3-for-3 against Papelbon

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from xmen. Show xmen's posts

I never said he was worst manager in baseball.Somebody else did,but in my eyes he not one of the best either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

[QUOTE]Like the lineup he has tonight.What a joke.Chaulk up another loss to FRancona.He won't be happy until Tampa Bay passes us.
    Posted by xmen[/QUOTE]

From NESN.com:
    Gonzalez had started every game since July 29. Of the three games he has missed this season, two have seen Romero on the mound. Gonzalez and Crawford are a combined 3-for-23 (.130) with eight strikeouts against zero walks against Romero.

The shuffle allows Dustin Pedroia to bat third for the first time since July 6, which was also the last time Boston faced Romero. Marco Scutaro jumps up to the second spot in the lineup, looking to extend an impressive four-game hitting streak. Scutaro is batting .563 (9-for-17) with nine RBIs during the surge.

Kevin Youkilis takes Gonzalez's spot at first base. Jed Lowrie will start at third. Lowrie is 5-for-8 in his career against Romero. The top six hitters in the Boston batting order are 41-for-96 (.427) vs. the lefty

Sections
Shortcuts