Tito needs to go

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Tito needs to go

I usually don't blame the Manager, but I have seen enough.  Sox have 4-1 lead in 6th inning, Crawford singles with 1 out--- 10 pitches later he is still on first and has not attempted to steal a base.  Francona is managing scared.  At this point he should be pushing the envelope, trying to manufacture runs with the guys that have speed.  He has misused the Bullpen consistently all year and it now showing its ugly head-- or has caught up to him. 

Tito has been a pretty good Manager, but his effectiveness is wearing out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

Re: Tito needs to go

In Response to Tito needs to go:
    [QUOTE]I usually don't blame the Manager, but I have seen enough.  Sox have 4-1 lead in 6th inning, Crawford singles with 1 out--- 10 pitches later he is still on first and has not attempted to steal a base.  Francona is managing scared.  At this point he should be pushing the envelope, trying to manufacture runs with the guys that have speed.  He has misused the Bullpen consistently all year and it now showing its ugly head-- or has caught up to him.  Tito has been a pretty good Manager, but his effectiveness is wearing out. 
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Veritas007. Show Veritas007's posts

This team has no respect for S&S, this is obvious how this team does not play for him. How I would love to have Maddon as our manager. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I actually think he has lost the team. I have not seen a collapse like this since 1978 and at least then they won 10 in a row to force a playoff against the Yankees. This team looks deader than a doornail. Wonder if Theo is going to give one of his awe inspiring speeches like he did at the beginning of the year. 

There are all types of undertones to this as well, Bedard gets served with child support papers before the game. He looked like something was bothering him in the 3rd inning beside the boehead play by Reddick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: Tito needs to go:
    [QUOTE]I actually think he has lost the team. I have not seen a collapse like this since 1978 and at least then they won 10 in a row to force a playoff against the Yankees. This team looks deader than a doornail. Wonder if Theo is going to give one of his awe inspiring speeches like he did at the beginning of the year.  There are all types of undertones to this as well, Bedard gets served with child support papers before the game. He looked like something was bothering him in the 3rd inning beside the boehead play by Reddick.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I actually feel a little sorry for the guy. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still he is not a good manager, but the guy can't win for losing these days. Every move he makes backfires on him. Personally, I would never have let Beckett come out for the 8th, but it wasn't the stupidest thing S&S has done this season, and boom, it blows up right in his face. Poor guy, hope he gets a nice severance package.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

tito didnt sign lackey nor CC. he is not the conditiong coach or the medical staff. he doesnt play. he had no choice but to try to leave beckett in as the bullpen is stretched thin and way overworked.
    This is on the players and the GM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannimota. Show mannimota's posts

Still, there will be a scapegoat, and it's rarely the GM.  Tito is gone and maybe it's for the best.  He'll always be a hero for guiding the 04 and 07 teams to championships and ending the 86 year old "curse".  All good things must come to end.  Too bad it has to happen as the result of such an epic collapse!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=eacbc58c9183f26c2853494086f0a206&plckUserId=eacbc58c9183f26c2853494086f0a206">
    First: 10/20/2004
    Last: 9/21/2011
    tito didnt sign lackey nor CC. he is not the conditiong coach or the medical staff. he doesnt play. he had no choice but to try to leave beckett in as the bullpen is stretched thin and way overworked.
    This is on the players and the GM.

The GM has provided Tito with a Player with outstanding speed and base stealing ability.  He is on 1st base with 1 out and a 3 run lead, yet he is still on first base 10 pitches later without an attempt to runThat is not the GM's fault.

Crawford would be on third in that situation with Madden as his manager. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=eacbc58c9183f26c2853494086f0a206&plckUserId=eacbc58c9183f26c2853494086f0a206 " /> itllnevahapn Posts: 1330 First: 10/20/2004 Last: 9/21/2011 tito didnt sign lackey nor CC. he is not the conditiong coach or the medical staff. he doesnt play. he had no choice but to try to leave beckett in as the bullpen is stretched thin and way overworked. This is on the players and the GM. The GM has provided Tito with a Player with outstanding speed and base stealing ability.  He is on 1st base with 1 out and a 3 run lead, yet he is still on first base 10 pitches later without an attempt to run .  That is not the GM's fault.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

you mean the highest paid player on the team who is having one of the worst seasons in his career, dustin padroia has more stolen bases then him. 
    CC has the green light , i can almost gurantee that tito doesnt tell him or ellsbury when to steal.They steal on their own.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

He needed to be gone last season !!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito needs to go : you mean the highest paid player on the team who is having one of the worst seasons in his career, dustin padroia has more stolen bases then him.  CC has the green light , i can almost gurantee that tito doesnt tell him or ellsbury when to steal.They steal on their own.
    Posted by itllnevahapn[/QUOTE]

Well, He Should Have ORDERED Him to RUN !!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito needs to go : Well, He Should Have ORDERED Him to RUN !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

you cant be serious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Tito can only use the pitchers he has available.  This injury riddled staff doesn't cut it in the AL East.  Nothing wrong with the hitting.  Lucky for the Sox that the Yanks are playing good baseball and the possibility of getting in the backdoor with help from them is good.  The joker in the deck just joined tonight - the Angels...who happen to have a really great pitching staff are now in the picture and the Sox will most likely have to win a few games to get in - especially this weekend in NY.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]He needed to be gone last season !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

who would you replace him with, dont say anybody, thats not ab answer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito needs to go : who would you replace him with, dont say anybody, thats not ab answer.
    Posted by itllnevahapn[/QUOTE]
    Prepare for the crickets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

CC has the green light , i can almost gurantee that tito doesnt tell him or ellsbury when to steal.They steal on their own.----itllnevahapn

LOL--- Tito is the MANAGER OF THE TEAM--- when he gives the steal sign--- CC or Ellsbury or whoever should steal.  It's obvious that he is managing NOT TO LOSE instead of playing to win.  Whether they have the green light is irrelevant in a situation like this.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

JUST WATCHING FRANCONA'S BODY LANGUAGE IS DEPRESSING.
    HE HAS THAT GLAZED OVER LOOK AND JUST STARES AHEAD,
    OCCASIONALLY SPITTING A SEED OR TWO OR TAKING A BIG
    CHOCK OF PINK GUM AND STUFFING IT IN HIS JAW. I REALLY
    DON'T THINK HIS BRAIN IS TOO ACTIVE DURING A GAME.
    CAN YOU IMAGINE A TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE TEAM SUCH AS THE
    RAYS WHIPPING US LIKE LITTLE CHILDREN. AND THEN THE
    ORIOLES, CELLAR DWELLERS, DOING THE SAME. NOW GO AHEAD
    AND TELL ME THAT WE DON'T NEED A HOUSE CLEANING. LET
    BOTH MANAGER AND GM GO. THEY HAVE FAILED MISERABLY WITH
    ONE OF THE BIGGEST PAYROLLS IN BASEBALL. THE PLAYERS ARE
    DISHEARTENED AND I LOOK FOR THEM TO BE STEAMROLLERED
    BY THE YANKEES WHO WILL DO IT WITH GREAT GLEE. OUR
    BEST PITCHER COULD NOT BEAT THE LAST PLACE TEAM, AND
    OUR HITTERS ARE DEAD ON THEIR FEET. HAVE ANY OF YOU
    WATCHED PAPI RETURNING TO THE DUGOUT ??? IT'S AKIN
    TO "DEAD MAN WALKING" BOTH HE AND AGON REFUSE TO
    RUN OUT BALLS AND EVEN PEDROIA LOOKS LIKE HE CAN'T
    WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO END. AS RILEY USED TO SAY,
    "WHAT A REVOLTING DEVELOPMENT THIS IS !! "
    FOR YOU YOUNGSTERS, I MEAN WILLIAM BENDIX.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]I usually don't blame the Manager, but I have seen enough.  Sox have 4-1 lead in 6th inning, Crawford singles with 1 out--- 10 pitches later he is still on first and has not attempted to steal a base.  Francona is managing scared.  At this point he should be pushing the envelope, trying to manufacture runs with the guys that have speed.  He has misused the Bullpen consistently all year and it now showing its ugly head-- or has caught up to him.  Tito has been a pretty good Manager, but his effectiveness is wearing out. 
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]

Aceves looked tired tonight which doesn't surprise me at all.  I still have faith the Sox will slip in the back door but some of our pitchers better step up along with our bats.  I'm all for the Sox being on their first nice streak in some time heading into the PS.  Hopefully we will!

I still keep thinking 2007, not 78

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

How bout reducing the conflict and axing both of them

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1958lesspaul. Show 1958lesspaul's posts

Epstein needs to be the first to go. Tito should go if the team fails to make post season. If not, Tito should go on one year probation and be forced to changeg his approach in dealing with veterans who either don't belong on roster or who are mailing it in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Tito will get the axe if they miss the play-offs. Can't get rid of the players so the manager pays the ultimate price. I am ready for a change anyhow.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from t8pmeasurejob. Show t8pmeasurejob's posts

Sox are all but done kids. 5 and 16 since Sept 1.  Flankees stick a fork in them this weekend while the rays bounce back and duke it out with the los angeles of anaheim angels- ain't that pitiful.... almost as bad as this homestand.
    Tito, lead. follow, or let Schilling talk some sense into you.

"You gots to be dry shavin' me"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from VtRedSoxFan802. Show VtRedSoxFan802's posts

Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]
    He may have been good in 04 and 07 but times have changed and he has not. Sox need a manager who can go for the gut.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]Epstein needs to be the first to go. Tito should go if the team fails to make post season. If not, Tito should go on one year probation and be forced to changeg his approach in dealing with veterans who either don't belong on roster or who are mailing it in.
    Posted by 1958lesspaul[/QUOTE]

players have more control than managers. certain stars can go to the GM and have the manager fired. or become a manny ram.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from itllnevahapn. Show itllnevahapn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tito needs to go : He may have been good in 04 and 07 but times have changed and he has not. Sox need a manager who can go for the gut.
    Posted by VtRedSoxFan802[/QUOTE]

who's that manager? you cant say Tito has to go when you have noone to replace him. someone has to manage.

Sections
Shortcuts