Tito should have went nuts and got tossed,

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

Tito should have went nuts and got tossed,

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_09_19_balmlb_bosmlb_1&mode=recap_home&c_id=bos#/play?content_id=19397377

clearly a fair ball

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Re: Tito should have went nuts and got tossed,

Totally agree !! The guy has no idea how to fire this team up !! I've said it many times in the past, The man just doesn't have a feel for the game! If it's not in the script, he gets handed from Theo before the game starts, he is totally clueless !! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBfan67. Show BBfan67's posts

This is why instant replay needs to be used more. Have a 5th ump make that the Crew Chief in the press box and he makes the decisions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

Tito probably didn't use the profanity that was necessary in getting tossed. Many on the Sox hit the ball hard but right at someone. The errors didn't help. Weiland pitched poorly. The relievers kept them inthe game. I see no logical reason to place 100% of the blame on Tito. Scapegoating one person is not warranted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

The umpires know Tito is a Tool and really have no pressure on them to get it right. Madden argues a third strike, gets tossed, and his team wins 3 out of 4. What's the point of even coming out of the dugout if you never intend on getting tossed for a play as obvious as that one?? I'm not suggesting the umps would change the call once you get tossed but you may get a make up call later in that game or the series in your favor. The Guy, Tito, just has no feel for the game and you see it day in and day out even when they're winning, but even more so when they lose !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In Response to Re: Tito should have went nuts and got tossed,:
    [QUOTE]Tito probably didn't use the profanity that was necessary in getting tossed. Many on the Sox hit the ball hard but right at someone. The errors didn't help. Weiland pitched poorly. The relievers kept them inthe game. I see no logical reason to place 100% of the blame on Tito. Scapegoating one person is not warranted.
    Posted by BeaconHill19[/QUOTE]
    i didnt blame tito for the loss i just wish he would snap on occasion and this would have been a good spot. if he doesnt snap soon i might.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Do you really think this one game is the savior?  The RS season is a failure and concluded over 6 weeks ago regardless of whether they are in the playoffs.  This 178M payroll team was selected by many to be the best in baseball and in the final analysis the entire organization has failed and disrepected the fans who pay the freight! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

In Response to Re: Tito should have went nuts and got tossed,:
    [QUOTE]The umpires know Tito is a Tool and really have no pressure on them to get it right. Madden argues a third strike, gets tossed, and his team wins 3 out of 4. What's the point of even coming out of the dugout if you never intend on getting tossed for a play as obvious as that one?? I'm not suggesting the umps would change the call once you get tossed but you may get a make up call later in that game or the series in your favor. The Guy, Tito, just has no feel for the game and you see it day in and day out even when they're winning, but even more so when they lose !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the game and Tito's reaction to the call?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Not really sure snapping has ever done much of anything for baseball team. The umpires usually don't cave in and give make up calls because they got cussed out and shown up by a manager.

The RS problems are that their bullpen has become thin and their rotation aside form Beckett and Lester isn't very good. The players in the field are trying to make unassited quad-plays and at that plate hit 5 run homers.

It happens when things go bad and getting mad or getting tighter isn't likely to snap the situation. Very controlled game where players have to 'feel good about their game" and that tends to happen between the lines one play at a time.

Seems a lot of folks are looking for somebody to "blame" when this is all about the cruelty that a 162 game season can inflict. Not too many teams over come what the RS have had happen to their starting rotation.

Beckett - clearly solid year
    Lester - solid year but not up to Lester expectations
    Buchholz - lost for over half a year
    Lackey - BAD year period
    Dice K - Lost for 2/3 of the season and for all the whining around here better than anybody in this rotation but Bekett and Lester is pitching this year.

That puts so much pressure on the rest of the team, if they stumble at all it comes apart very quickly. And get tossed over a blown umpire call isn't going to make Weiland, Miller or Wakefield any better or Lackey go 7 solid with 2 runs allowed IMHO.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If you think its bad in game one watch the AAA Sox playing in 2, it's only the top of the first and they are already down 3-0. one out and one on!!!!! This is without a doubt worse than 1978. At least they made it to a playoff game!!!! They are going golfing after this season is over. This team suks!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

I am a big Tito fan but this post is dead on. When your team is struggling like this a manager should lose it at least once. Of course you can't keep going back to this trick, but used on occasion it is effective. Even if it doesn't work it appears you tried. Again, I'm a Tito defender but blowing bubbles isn't cutting it anymore.