Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT

Anyone remember the Sox bringing up a prospect recently that has produced? (Not Lowrie or Reddick, please!) Anyone remember Coma shaking-up the line-up recently (or EVER?) The Sox are as predictable as hard boiled eggs. If we can't beat the Yankees this year, Theo/Coma are to blame. Winning the AL East is pretty darn important considering the Wild Card will end-up playing 3 of 5 in Texas, vs 3 of 5 in Boston vs Detroit. I see no sense of urgency on this team! I see no bench strength. I see Varitek playing too many games lately. I see errors EVERY game. I see spoiled pitchers. I see AGon grounding out on bad pitches all the time. I see Crawford mired in mediocrity at the bottom of the order. I see Aviles in the outfied. I see MacDonald getting playing time too often. I see Youk looking pretty tired running around 3rd base all the time. I see Lowrie throwing away games at 3rd base. I see Lester (Lester!), a great pitcher, walking guys for no reason. I see Wake putting the team to sleep every five games. Should I continue? Time for some energy out of management! Otherwise, we stumble along into the Wild Card and Arlington, Tx.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Re: Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT

This team still has time to complete goals. But, if team limps into playoffs and goes out with a wimper, Theo should be on hot seat. Tito has done a better job this year, changing some of his old ways, than I anticipated.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Pete is consistent in his CONCERN TROLLING
    Look at these recent posts - all the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

please don't get my hopes up.
    i'd prefer both of them on the EJECTION SEAT--ejected out of the sox organization.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

In Response to Re: Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT:
    [QUOTE]Pete is consistent in his CONCERN TROLLING Look at these recent posts - all the same. http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d3a3853245bf1ef48391373757940261&plckUserId=d3a3853245bf1ef48391373757940261
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]
     PawsoxPhil is big on calling other posters trolls. Why not just respond to the merits of the thread instead of just calling other posters juvenile names?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Spike tried. He has a good thread going that he started, but alas he's back to doing his old tricks--attacking any poster who questions Sox management or questions a Sox player's production.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

What if the Sox win the A.L. pennant this year?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Petescall, got agree with you 100%. we have no outfield depth, dmac should not be playing as much has he has. the guy struggles to even hit .200 and cannot hit lefties which is he is supposed to do as it is the only reason he is even on the team. right now we have essentially one quality outfielder is jacoby ellsbury. (who thanks to another genious decesion by theo and co missed all of last year pretty well). crawford has been horrible, reddick who was the reason why we did not go after hunter pence(which has turned out to be a dumb decesion) has seen his average drop like 50 points since the trade deadline. half of our line up is pretty much useless at the plate. now youk is on the DL, ortiz is hurt, and the offense has been non-existant lately. i think not trading for hunter pence will really haunt theo because he could have really helped the sox and was the perfect fit for our future right fielder. cannon for an arm, right handed, hits for good power and average. And not only did we not get him, but the phillies did. oh ya and who was our big acquistion....erik bedard. he has pitched pretty good for us so far but has yet to make it past the 6th inning. once again theo fails to bring the players that the sox needed to really make a world series push. he didnt pull the trigger for jimenez, passed on mike adams, passed on hunter pence, and settled for bedard. great work boy blunder. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]What if the Sox win the A.L. pennant this year?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

party-pooper!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT : party-pooper!
    Posted by theYAZZER[/QUOTE]

I know, I hate to be a downer on a good b**ch fest.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Never ceases to crack me up when, during the most prosperous period in this franchise's history (at least since before WWI), folks want the two men most responsible for it gone.
    Funny stuff, guys.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Never ceases to crack me up when, during the most prosperous period in this franchise's history (at least since before WWI), folks want the two men most responsible for it gone. Funny stuff, guys.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

no, i don't want john henry and larry lucchino gone.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Never ceases to crack me up when, during the most prosperous period in this franchise's history (at least since before WWI), folks want the two men most responsible for it gone. Funny stuff, guys.

Fracona is most responsible for this?

Theo to an extent but come on.

When John Henry (Larry and Tom too) took over he made an effort to re-invest money back into the team and to be innovative in finding new ways to generate incremental revenue.  That in turn, led to the ability to sign free agents, draft picks, and retain current players.  That's the #1 reason by a landslide.

The team through 2004 and one of the 2 WS was largely attributable to Dan Duquette.  I'll give Theo credit for 2007 but then again, the #1 reason we won that year was Josh Beckett.  And well, Theo wasn't responsible for bringing Beckett over here (not to mention M Lowell).  Theo stormed off in a GORILLA costume b/c he was upset that Larry & John wanted to trade his top prospect (where is Hanely Rameriz today) and he wanted more $?  Was it not worth the trade?).   I'll also give Theo credit for putting the finishing touches on the 2004 team but 90% of that team was already built by the Duke.

So yeah, I take exception to this chant that Theo and Francona are the 2 men most responsible for their recent success.......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]Spike tried. He has a good thread going that he started, but alas he's back to doing his old tricks--attacking any poster who questions Sox management or questions a Sox player's production.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

The reason why I linked you to the history of Pete's recent posts is for you to read them and decide for yourself if you think he is a RS fan or not. If something walks like a duck, squawks like a duck, swims like a duck, and sounds like a duck - then it must be a DUCK. Pete is very consistent on every post, he is a CONCERN TROLL DUCK.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Christ - they went 20-6 in July for .769 winning percentage.  And that's after posting a .640 winning percentage in June and a .655 winning percentage in May.  They are 8-8 for August, but now is the perfect time for them to slack off. 

They've had some injuries.  They had a couple of very competitive series.  They've been playing at very high level for a long time and peaked in July.  It was hot,  They had some long games.  They got tired.  And the past week was the perfect time to ease off a little, get healthy, and get mentally prepared for the Sept/Oct. 

They had to slack off.  There was no way they could keep playing at such a high level.  Now, it's all about trying to peak at the end of the season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

You are inferring that Babe, Bosox1941, and  Yazzer are Sox fans that want Theo and Tito gone? I've got some ocean front in Arizona for sale, interested?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT : Fracona is most responsible for this? Theo to an extent but come on. When John Henry (Larry and Tom too) took over he made an effort to re-invest money back into the team and to be innovative in finding new ways to generate incremental revenue.  That in turn, led to the ability to sign free agents, draft picks, and retain current players.  That's the #1 reason by a landslide. The team through 2004 and one of the 2 WS was largely attributable to Dan Duquette.  I'll give Theo credit for 2007 but then again, the #1 reason we won that year was Josh Beckett.  And well, Theo wasn't responsible for bringing Beckett over here (not to mention M Lowell).  Theo stormed off in a GORILLA costume b/c he was upset that Larry & John wanted to trade his top prospect (where is Hanely Rameriz today) and he wanted more $?  Was it not worth the trade?).   I'll also give Theo credit for putting the finishing touches on the 2004 team but 90% of that team was already built by the Duke. So yeah, I take exception to this chant that Theo and Francona are the 2 men most responsible for their recent success.......
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

From what I read about Theo storming off was that Lucchino had too much power over responsibilities that should reside with the GM only. It was a broad-based conflict or disagreement. It wasn't about one specific trade. That is what I read in numerous news articles. Perhaps you are privy to what you claim and have inside information.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tito/Theo On The HOT SEAT : You are inferring that Babe, Bosox1941, and  Yazzer are Sox fans that want Theo and Tito gone? I've got some ocean front in Arizona for sale, interested?
    Posted by PawsoxPhil[/QUOTE]

My only problem with Theo, if it is a problem, is that he hasn't recommended the firing of Francona. I believe he's done a decent job as GM of the Sox. I've never posted anything negative about Theo.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

Do you ever have any other thoughts or ideas about the wide scope of Red Sox world ( players, draft picks, trades, free agent signings, prospects. minor leagues, broadcasts) other than Tito which you post about on 100% of your posts. Don't you think that most of the forum has you labeled as a troll?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

News flash...the Sox and Yank's are both 5-5 in thier last ten games...everyone needs to put away the sharp objects and take a chill...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Anyone remember the Sox bringing up a prospect recently that has produced? (Not Lowrie or Reddick, please!)

1) Not sure why you don't count Reddick. Yes, he might not work out, but he does have OPS over .850 this year.

2) I guess it has to do with what you mean by "recent". Yes, it's been a while since we brought up a Bard (26), Buchholtz (26), Lester (27), Pedey (27), Jacoby (27), and Lowrie (27), but we do have a few guys close to ready, and a lot of guys considered good prospects, but a few years away. Plus, we have someone else's prospects:
      Salty (26), Miller (26), Albers (28), and Aceves (28).

3) We also have dealt away some top and mid level prospects for AGon, and Bedard. If you'd rather have the prospects back and up on the big club, you'd be alone on that one.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

same drivel pete...*YAWN* 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Thanks for the comments everyone. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never felt like or been called a Troll(er) before. Sounds like "Fearsome Phil" is stalking me. Pretty lame...pretty irrelevant!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from theYAZZER. Show theYAZZER's posts

[QUOTE]Thanks for the comments everyone. Maybe I'm naive, but I've never felt like or been called a Troll(er) before. Sounds like "Fearsome Phil" is stalking me. Pretty lame...pretty irrelevant!
    Posted by PetesCall[/QUOTE]

pawsexphil stalks everything other than women. he's afraid of them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

untrue... he is on record for stalking his teenage papergirl.

Sections
Shortcuts