TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....

COMMENTS ABOUT CHANGES THAT PUTS BOBBY V. IN THE RESPONSE MODE, IS JUST SO UNPRODUCTIVE AND UNCOMFORTABLE AND PUTS YOU IN BAD LIGHT TO THINGS GOING FORWARD.... THE SHIP HAS SAILED, THERE IS A NEW SKIPPER....  TIME TO MOVE ON AND LET GO.....  IT'S NOT YOUR TEAM ANYMORE...........  AS DIFFICULT AS IT IS FOR A PLAYER OR COACH (AT ANY LEVEL, LITTLE LEAGUE, HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR PRO) TO RETIRE OR MOVE ON AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IT TAKES "TIME" TO HEAL AND CLEANSE THE SYSTEM OF CHANGE.   IT WILL TAKE TIME, A LOT OF TIME......  TITO, KEEP THE SOX AT ARMS LENGTH AND IM SURE HISTORY WILL RECORD ALL THE GREAT THINGS UNDER YOUR WATCH !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....

As dad would say, "son, its time to move on".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....

As difficult as I'm sure it is for Francona, especially now with Spring training in full swing, he needs to be careful what he says. He may be right, but it will come across as sour grapes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's not right. He's just got sour grapes and a huge divorce bill. Talk about someone going from the top of the hill to TMZ trash.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

He's not right. He's just got sour grapes and a huge divorce bill. Talk about someone going from the top of the hill to TMZ trash.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

He (Tito) is just doing his job.  He works for ESPN now as an analyst.

Its not sour grapes, its Tito doing his job.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Tito should have done his "job" last year....he is the last person who should be critiquing managers....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In Response to Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....:
    [QUOTE]Tito should have done his "job" last year....he is the last person who should be critiquing managers....
    Posted by georom4[/QUOTE]

2 rings gives you that power.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

I like johns response something like" there you get paid to say things. Here you get paid to do things".

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Agreed. Tito has to be very careful what he says. This collapse happened on his watch. I was shocked to hear what went on and what he tolerated. Its done and over and cannot be undone. I am sure he has to be careful because he is still being paid by the Red Sox as well. i thought he had one year left on his contract. esponse to "Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....": [QUOTE]As difficult as I'm sure it is for Francona, especially now with Spring training in full swing, he needs to be careful what he says. He may be right, but it will come across as sour grapes. Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TITO IS A good man.... espn must be thrilled with the interaction..... will also help bobby v. sell tickets !!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

just glad he is gone - lets win a few game in April and then take it from there, rather than wait for July before we think about getting serious.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In Response to Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....:
    [QUOTE]He (Tito) is just doing his job.  He works for ESPN now as an analyst. Its not sour grapes, its Tito doing his job.
    Posted by Drewski5[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Anyone expecting Francona to just clam up, whenever the subject of the Sox comes up, are going to be very disappoined.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichFan. Show MichFan's posts

I liked the way Valentine handled the situation regarding Francona's remarks.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]I liked the way Valentine handled the situation regarding Francona's remarks.  
    Posted by MichFan[/QUOTE]YOUR RIGHT..... THATS WHY I SAY THAT TITO IS IN A NO WIN SITUATION AND IT'S BEST TO NOT EVEN GO THERE !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

So should Tito say "No Comment" whenever he's asked a question about the Red Sox?

I got to believe that a lot players had the utmost respect for Tito and are none too happy with the way he was treated.  Other players will take notice about what's going on at Fenway.

Remember when black athletes didn't want to play in Boston because of it's perceived racism?  I wonder if this is going to lead all athletes to not want to play in Boston because of how owenership throws them under the bus.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

In Response to TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON....:
    [QUOTE]   COMMENTS ABOUT CHANGES THAT PUTS BOBBY V. IN THE RESPONSE MODE, IS JUST SO UNPRODUCTIVE AND UNCOMFORTABLE AND PUTS YOU IN BAD LIGHT TO THINGS GOING FORWARD.... THE SHIP HAS SAILED, THERE IS A NEW SKIPPER....  TIME TO MOVE ON AND LET GO.....  IT'S NOT YOUR TEAM ANYMORE...........  AS DIFFICULT AS IT IS FOR A PLAYER OR COACH (AT ANY LEVEL, LITTLE LEAGUE, HIGH SCHOOL, COLLEGE OR PRO) TO RETIRE OR MOVE ON AND WE ALL KNOW THAT IT TAKES "TIME" TO HEAL AND CLEANSE THE SYSTEM OF CHANGE.   IT WILL TAKE TIME, A LOT OF TIME......  TITO, KEEP THE SOX AT ARMS LENGTH AND IM SURE HISTORY WILL RECORD ALL THE GREAT THINGS UNDER YOUR WATCH !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

" TITO, KEEP THE SOX AT ARMS LENGTH ..."

How is he suppose to do his job then?  

The RS have mismanaged every aspect of damage control with regard to last September.  The RS should have banned beer before they hired a manager thereby eliminating this as an issue for the new manager.  That would have killed the issue four months ago.  Interestingly there was no pejorative implication, Franona did imply it was a publicly stunt just that it was a response to an on going situation, .. which it is.  So basically he was telling the truth.  Also, all this chicken and beer stuff is a complete crock.  The RS didn't fail last September because a few starters were in the clubhouse eating and drinking.  That MAY have been a symptom of something else but that is why the RS failed.  

I'm a Yankee fan but I've never thought of Francona that he didn't have integrity and the Nation should no better than me.  So why they would expect him to tip toe around the RS?  He doesn't work for them any longer.  And, the only reason that this has the appearance of our grapes is the classless character assignation that went on after he left.  

"IT'S NOT YOUR TEAM ANYMORE"

Yes and conversly he's not with the RS amy more either.

If this mild statement is causing this much of a stir it's going to be a long season Nation.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Always really liked Tito, but some of his comments do smack of sour grapes!  Not a real classy move.  Sure he has a job to do, but there is a line that he has started to cross.

It's akin to the ex-president criticizing / second guessing / back-seat driving months after the new president takes office.  It's simply bad form (understatement)!!!!!  Some of the comments are transparently self serving!!!!  That's putting it mildly!

Tito, bow out gracefully!  Start nipping at the new guys heels, & you will suffer the wrath of B-Town.  Once you're out of the family, & you start nit picking, second guessing, & throwing out this self serving CYA B.S., Boston fans, even those who have had your back through the biggest collapse in the history of baseball, will turn on you like rabid dogs!  We're trying to move on from YOUR COLLAPSE of any & all leadership!  This collapse is primarily on YOU!  Let's not start with the revisionist history, which is exactly what you are trying to do. 

I LOVED Tito for many years, & still do, but anybody who is still so delusional to think that he did not completely fall asleep at the switch, letting HIS team spiral into complete and utter collapse, truly needs their head checked.  There is NO DEBATING THIS POINT, if you have any objectivity whatsoever!

So save the self serving comments Tito!  MOVE ON!  or we'll really let you know how badly you messed up!

p.s.  to those who will start whining about moving on.  Tito is the person picking at the scab he created, & then acting curious about how WE got that boo boo.  :)  It brings to mind the old saying, "down pee on my leg & tell me I'm not wearing the right raincoat."  ******* More accurately, Tito is saying, "you wouldn't have pee on your pant leg if you were wearing shorts, as he always allowed guys to do when he was in charge."      Cut the s h ! t % :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON.... : " TITO, KEEP THE SOX AT ARMS LENGTH ..." How is he suppose to do his job then?   The RS have mismanaged every aspect of damage control with regard to last September.  The RS should have banned beer before they hired a manager thereby eliminating this as an issue for the new manager.  That would have killed the issue four months ago.  Interestingly there was no pejorative implication, Franona did imply it was a publicly stunt just that it was a response to an on going situation, .. which it is.  So basically he was telling the truth.  Also, all this chicken and beer stuff is a complete crock.  The RS didn't fail last September because a few starters were in the clubhouse eating and drinking.  That MAY have been a symptom of something else but that is why the RS failed.   I'm a Yankee fan but I've never thought of Francona that he didn't have integrity and the Nation should no better than me.  So why they would expect him to tip toe around the RS?  He doesn't work for them any longer.  And, the only reason that this has the appearance of our grapes is the classless character assignation that went on after he left.   "IT'S NOT YOUR TEAM ANYMORE" Yes and conversly he's not with the RS amy more either. If this mild statement is causing this much of a stir it's going to be a long season Nation.
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]HE HAS TO BE SO CAREFUL HOW HE COMMENTS ON ANYTHING ON/OFF THE FIELD ABOUT THE RED SOX.....  HE MAY HAVE A NEW JOB (ESPN) BUT HE CAN'T WIN WHEN DOING HIS JOB , REPORTING ON THE SOX !!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TITO, YOU HAD A GREAT RUN..... PLEASE DON'T GO THERE WITH COMMENTS, LET'S MOVE ON.... : HE HAS TO BE SO CAREFUL HOW HE COMMENTS ON ANYTHING ON/OFF THE FIELD ABOUT THE RED SOX.....  HE MAY HAVE A NEW JOB (ESPN) BUT HE CAN'T WIN WHEN DOING HIS JOB , REPORTING ON THE SOX !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

Why does he have to be careful, when it comes to the Sox?
    They don't sign his paycheck.

Are the Sox going to sue him? Picket his house?

They already smeared his reputation and gave him the boot.

What else can they do to him?

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]As difficult as I'm sure it is for Francona, especially now with Spring training in full swing, he needs to be careful what he says. He may be right, but it will come across as sour grapes.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Yup.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

For any Francona bashers on this subject, what's your take on Valentine??

Francona had a comment on the team he ran a mere 5 months ago.

Bobby Flapped Gums in regards to a guy who was never even his PLAYER....on a play made 11 seasons ago??

NO ONE should say a word about Francona on this. Valentine has made sure of that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]Tito has a platform (ESPN gig) to set the record straight in regards to the patented Lucchino & Co smear job that is routinely and efficiently carried out as various players (in this case, manager) get the boot.  Pedro, Nomar, Lowe, Damon, etc. didn't have the benefit of the same platform.  If Tito's got it, he should use it...good for him.
    Posted by bellhorn_[/QUOTE]ALL GOOD POINTS, AS LONG AS TITO CAN DELIVER THE GRAPES WITHOUT THE SOUR !!!!!!!!  NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts