Titos a bum

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Everythings-Titos-Fault. Show Everythings-Titos-Fault's posts

Titos a bum

Francoma is the worst manager in baseball today. Once the game starts 

HES CLUELESS. He can’t manage a pitching staff, he has no idea how to make or manage a lineup, he never gives bunt or steal signs, he just stands there chews tobacco and sunflower seeds, and looks dumb. Any other manager in any other sport would be gone by now. But tito is Theo’s man and theo is another story.  Last night’s loss was all his fault. I mean isn’t base running a thing you go over in ST not 30 games in. CLUELESS!!!! And Dice-k in relief? are you kidding. I mean your players grind out for 13 innings and you blow it for them with dumb clueless managing. I hate you, Boston hates you, Leave NOW.

Ok so I see many things wrong with this. 1 it’s pointless. Dont shove beliefs down this boards throat. Everyone will get sick of it. 2. Nowhere in this do i use fact or a game time scenario, or logic at all. Its just spewing hate at a guy with a hard job that does it well. 3 I blame things that could not possibly be franconas fault on the guy. 4. When I point out the things Tito did wrong, there not even the right things. The ONLY thing tito did that was a scratch your head moment is keeping Youk at third and putting lowrie at first last night.... but no tito haters even realized this. They are too busy taking notes on small, stupid things to blame him for. 5. Fran'coma... what am I four years old

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Titos a bum

A well thought out and presented post - not really.  Get your grammar together and let us know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxlaxer12. Show redsoxlaxer12's posts

Good post but spellcheck it broski 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Everythings-Titos-Fault. Show Everythings-Titos-Fault's posts

In Response to Re: Titos a bum:
    [QUOTE]A well thought out and presented post - not really.  Get your grammar together and let us know.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I didnt know this was a middleschool but ok. Fixed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from piersall. Show piersall's posts

I

n Response to Re: Titos a bum:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Titos a bum : I didnt know this was a middleschool but ok. Fixed
    Posted by Everythings-Titos-Fault[/QUOTE]

Hey RS11, are you and babe members of the same frequent filers club?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Titos a bum:
    [QUOTE]Francoma is the worst manager in baseball today. Once the game starts  HES CLUELESS. He can’t manage a pitching staff, he has no idea how to make or manage a lineup, he never gives bunt or steal signs, he just stands there chews tobacco and sunflower seeds, and looks dumb. Any other manager in any other sport would be gone by now. But tito is Theo’s man and theo is another story.   Last night’s loss was all his fault. I mean isn’t base running a thing you go over in ST not 30 games in. CLUELESS!!!! And Dice-k in relief? are you kidding. I mean your players grind out for 13 innings and you blow it for them with dumb clueless managing. I hate you, Boston hates you, Leave NOW.   Ok so I see many things wrong with this. 1 it’s pointless. Dont shove beliefs down this boards throat. Everyone will get sick of it. 2. Nowhere in this do i use fact or a game time scenario, or logic at all. Its just spewing hate at a guy with a hard job that does it well. 3 I blame things that could not possibly be franconas fault on the guy. 4. When I point out the things Tito did wrong, there not even the right things. The ONLY thing tito did that was a scratch your head moment is keeping Youk at third and putting lowrie at first last night.... but no tito haters even realized this. They are too busy taking notes on small, stupid things to blame him for. 5. Fran'coma... what am I four years old

Thanks for letting us know with your first post that you'll be a waste of time to read.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Stupid title, but the subject of Francona's management of last night's game is worthwhile.

Tough game, for starters.  After one out in the 5th, he lost his starter to a 2.5 hour rain delay and ended up using 7 relievers, not including Jenks who warmed up and reported an elbow issue, for which he is now on the DL.  The guy who  pitched poorly in relief, Wheeler, is also on the DL.  

On top of which, the guys weren't hitting much last night, so, once the Angels went ahead, Terry was managing from behind. He subbed for both Gonzalez (very slow baserunner, Mike Lowell slow) and Ortiz (faster, but still slow) in order to get the tying run across the plate, which left him with his two best rbi men, especially against righty pitchers, out of the game in extra innings.  In retrospect, maybe he did too much and maybe he should have left both of them in there.  But that's hindsight.  Any manager would have put pinchrunners in to try to get the tying run home.  

Also, that kid Bell for the Angels made life a lot easier for Scioscia.  He shut the Sox out for all four extra innings--4 hits, 1 walk, and 3 K's on 56 pitches thrown-- and got the win.  Albers needed 42 pitches to get 1.2 innings for the Sox.  Bard was super efficient with 2 innings and 25 pitches, but this was his second game in a row and he already has more innings than anyone else in the bullpen--plus he is our best or second best reliever.  As it was, Terry also used Papelbon. 

I thought Cameron's gamble on getting to 3B with just 1 out was, considering our weak hitting to that point, justified.  But it proved to be costly because, had he stayed at 2B, Crawford's double would have scored him and tied the game and Ellsbury's single would have scored Crawford and won the game.  In no way can Francona be blamed for what Cameron did--he was a veteran being opportunistic and knowing that getting to 3B with one out could be crucial to tying the game.  

I agree Youk at 1B and Lowrie at 3B would probably have worked better, but the simple fact is that, because of Bell, the Angels were in the driver's seat last night. 

A fascinating game to watch.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

hey nizy! another day, another new troll enters said forum.
    went to the game last night. cold,rain,alot of beers and all an all a great time until it went south. I took a mental health day off to regroup for today. really a lousy nite to play baseball. I felt bad for josh. really crapppy nite. oh well, atleast we didn't lose any ground. sad to say but another opportunity to gain ground and nada. have a good one bro.

and from all indications, OBL is still dead.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

"get your grammar together and let us know."

well, if ETF was smart enough to do that, he wouldn't be sticking up for CONA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I forgot Beckett.  He didn't look that sharp with 3 walks, but he shut the Angels out for 4.1 innings and gave up just 1 hit.  Well done, Josh. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

So nobody noticed when Tek took his .146 average to the box late inthe game with Drew sitting on the bench and Salty sitting on the bench and every other available player with a higher batting average sitting on the bench? Why are we not allowed to question moves here that we question in realtime? This manager has always made it harder for his players to succeed. The least he could do is put them in the proper fielding positions.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Few thoughts:

Drew was a scratch last night because he was having a bout of Vertigo. He probably would have been on obvious choice over Darnell McDonald pinch running for Ortiz otherwise.

I understand exactly what Francona was trying to do. On offense he was trying to play for a tie or a win which you do late and close and behind at home. On defense he was trying to keep it close late and save the elite end of his bullpen to protect a tie or lead. It is in fact the age old "conventional wisdom" of baseball to manage the game at that juncture as he did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

hey rsfan2; it appears you never crawled out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

My only gripe is you NEVER take your power hitter (AGon)out of a game for a pinch runner in a close game.  You always wish you had them a few extra innings later.  But Tito did what he had to do, sometimes that stuff is aggravating to watch ... but it is not his fault the Sox couldn't push a run across before Dice-K pitched.  And the Dice man did not deliver.  Simple as that.  

Today is another day, another game ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Nice gun Salty.  Kids lookin' ok behind the plate.  Good sign.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]My only gripe is you NEVER take your power hitter (AGon)out of a game for a pinch runner in a close game.  You always wish you had them a few extra innings later.  But Tito did what he had to do, sometimes that stuff is aggravating to watch ... but it is not his fault the Sox couldn't push a run across before Dice-K pitched.  And the Dice man did not deliver.  Simple as that.   Today is another day, another game ...
    Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

soxmeister, don't you think the Tito bashers would be screaming if Francona didn't pinch run for Gonzalez to get the tying run to score???

So the question is whether you play for extra innings, and leave the slowfooted sluggers in the game, when you are behind or do you play to tie the game, with guys who can run, first??...I say you play for the tie or there could be no extra innings!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wadeandrson. Show wadeandrson's posts

Varitek would have been hit for if the sox didnt have a day game today. If Salty goes into catch and the game goes 15+ innings-then both catchers are spent today and the outcome probably wouldnt have changed........poor baserunning cost us the game last night plain and simple

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

it's not POSER, it's POSTER. it's not TEM, it's TEAM. and i actually got my pink hat in the 60's, along with a t-shirt that said "beware of managers with more than one 1st name."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from byebyeepstein. Show byebyeepstein's posts

"varitek doesn't stand a chance against a RHP throwing 100MPH."

is that 100 mph with or without movement?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

I could not have said it better myself. This clown of a manager should have been released years ago. Here the sox have a WS team being led by a little league manager and I do not disrespect some good little league managers. In a close game he doesn't know how to win. He's lost just like you stated.

But what is more laughable is that you are just one of the good ol boys with a different name because you would not want to log on as yourself and actually try to defend this moronic type of managing.

Anyway go hide behind your pseudo name as I would be embarrassed to try to defend this manager too. I could give you a name of 6 or so people who you could be, but why even bother as you would walk off a 600 ft cliff If Mr fancona asked. That's what happens when emotions get in the way of clear thinking.

In Response to Titos a bum:
    [QUOTE]Francoma is the worst manager in baseball today. Once the game starts  HES CLUELESS. He can’t manage a pitching staff, he has no idea how to make or manage a lineup, he never gives bunt or steal signs, he just stands there chews tobacco and sunflower seeds, and looks dumb. Any other manager in any other sport would be gone by now. But tito is Theo’s man and theo is another story.   Last night’s loss was all his fault. I mean isn’t base running a thing you go over in ST not 30 games in. CLUELESS!!!! And Dice-k in relief? are you kidding. I mean your players grind out for 13 innings and you blow it for them with dumb clueless managing. I hate you, Boston hates you, Leave NOW.   Ok so I see many things wrong with this. 1 it’s pointless. Dont shove beliefs down this boards throat. Everyone will get sick of it. 2. Nowhere in this do i use fact or a game time scenario, or logic at all. Its just spewing hate at a guy with a hard job that does it well. 3 I blame things that could not possibly be franconas fault on the guy. 4. When I point out the things Tito did wrong, there not even the right things. The ONLY thing tito did that was a scratch your head moment is keeping Youk at third and putting lowrie at first last night.... but no tito haters even realized this. They are too busy taking notes on small, stupid things to blame him for. 5. Fran'coma... what am I four years old

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wadeandrson. Show wadeandrson's posts

I think if you ask tito he will tell you the same thing slomag, the sox had to have at least one guy available on the bench + salty had to catch early today so you can't pinch hit for Vtek there. I definitely would have rather had JD or salty hit there but with JD unavailable tito had no other options..... not that having a fresh catcher mattered for Lackey as the sox are getting pummeled today

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DADDYOBOB. Show DADDYOBOB's posts

[QUOTE]I think if you ask tito he will tell you the same thing slomag, the sox had to have at least one guy available on the bench + salty had to catch early today so you can't pinch hit for Vtek there. I definitely would have rather had JD or salty hit there but with JD unavailable tito had no other options..... not that having a fresh catcher mattered for Lackey as the sox are getting pummeled today
    Posted by wadeandrson[/QUOTE]

Which is why it's pointless to start managing for the next game when you're still trying to win the game being played.  He has no clue how the next game will go and all to often will give up on the game being played.  He's a moron.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from REDSOX-11. Show REDSOX-11's posts

The bottom line is once the game begins mr francona is out to lunch.

[QUOTE]I think if you ask tito he will tell you the same thing slomag, the sox had to have at least one guy available on the bench + salty had to catch early today so you can't pinch hit for Vtek there. I definitely would have rather had JD or salty hit there but with JD unavailable tito had no other options..... not that having a fresh catcher mattered for Lackey as the sox are getting pummeled today
    Posted by wadeandrson[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Today's game was also a reason for pinchrunning for A-Gon and Papi--they didn't have to play 13 innings last night. 

Funny with all these complaints about pinchrunning and not pinchhitting--because the Sox did in fact tie the game last night with the pinchrunning and without the pinchhitting for Tek.  In fact, if Cameron makes it to 3B or just stays at 2B and Crawford still gets his hit and Ellsbury his, the Sox win the game.  Plus they would have had Bard, Papelbon, and Wakefield available for today. 

Sections
Shortcuts