To all those that didn't believe .........

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: To all those that didn't believe .........

I'll admit at the start of the year I gave us about 30:1 odds of just making the playoffs.

I'm not sure I was wrong, but it sure looks that way at this snapshot in the season.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Right now, we have the 4th best record in MLB at about the 30% mark in the season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Right now, we have the 4th best record in MLB at about the 30% mark in the season.

They are suprising so far, no doubt. When you look up and down their roster its even more surprising. Its not a very talented team. Much of the potential for making the playoffs lies with the health of the players, especially Lester and Buchholtz. I am still suspicious of this team, given their past performances.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

They are suprising so far, no doubt. When you look up and down their roster its even more surprising. Its not a very talented team. Much of the potential for making the playoffs lies with the health of the players, especially Lester and Buchholtz. I am still suspicious of this team, given their past performances.

At every position except LF, they are probably above-average.  The only ones playing below average are Ells and WMB, and they are likely to correct.  I gave you the scenario during ST.  There are 9 position players.  Which one is unlikely to have a below-average OPS at his position?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kannaman. Show kannaman's posts

No talent...really...compared to what NY is running out there...or Tampa Bay or the Blue Jays underperforming team. The Sox are underperfoming in CF and 3B...but both of those players have a high ceiling and if they start performing the way they are capable of this team could be very good. Starting pitching...no one has a better 1-2 punch right now...Lackey has pitched well in every game he has been in...if he wouldn't throw DP balls away and his defense wouldn't allow pop ups to fall for hits he would have a couple more wins. Dempster and Doubrant I'm not to sure about....neither are being very impressive right now. The bullpen has a lot of talent....don't know if they will survive the season at their present state of use...Bailey coming back and pitching well would sure help...Tazawa and Uhera are good set up pitchers but they make me nervous trying to end games. But saying the Sox have no talent...when comparing them to Seattle, Oakland, LA, Chicago, Minnesota, KC...the only team's that may exceed the Sox in Talent right now are Texas and Detroit...and the Sox may have a better pitching staff than either of those teams right now.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

They look good against the Twins.

But so would my town's Little League team.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Teams that make the playoffs beat up on the bad teams and play about .500 vs the good ones.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

In response to SandfordsSon's comment:

Enjoy being a Sox fan. Enjoy every game. This year was supposed to be a bridge year.

Enough with the bridge year thing, they've been saying that for 3 years.  Their bridge is like the Big Dig of baseball.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

They look good against the Twins.

But so would my town's Little League team.

Sweeping any ML team on the road is a feat. Even a bad ML team.

Still think the that 2-10 strecht was more respesentative of this team than the 30 games before that?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to joyceand's comment:

Enjoy being a Sox fan. Enjoy every game. This year was supposed to be a bridge year.

Enough with the bridge year thing, they've been saying that for 3 years.  Their bridge is like the Big Dig of baseball.

problem is they are just now doing it, unless you think signing CC, Lackey and Gonzo as a bridge year. When Theo said that term "bridge year", the FO should have gone with it. Instead they wanted to buy a championship with the best available player and not the best fit. We actually havent had that bridge year/period until this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

problem is they are just now doing it, unless you think signing CC, Lackey and Gonzo as a bridge year. When Theo said that term "bridge year", the FO should have gone with it. Instead they wanted to buy a championship with the best available player and not the best fit. We actually havent had that bridge year/period until this year.

It's hard to call this payroll "bridge", but I get your point. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

When you look up and down their roster its even more surprising. Its not a very talented team.

[/QUOTE]
    Napoli career 259 he is hitting 259

Ross is Ross

Carp is above ave.

Pedey is above average but little power

Ortiz and Victorino are just above career #s

Drew  is just below career numbers

Pedro, Middlebrooks, Gomes and Ells are below ave but Middlebrooks is still learning IMHO

This team is not the 2003 or 2004 team with a bunch of Great players. However if you remember it was the not so great who came thru time and time again

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

It's hard to call this payroll "bridge", but I get your point. 

Yeah, I think its more concept, that payroll...FA players on short term deals as place holders for the "kids".

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

There seem to be more and more bridge years lately......someone needs to tell the guy pricing the tickets and the concessions.

Yeah, quick, tell 'em to stop doing sheisty things like breaking up the worst Sox team in anyone alive's memory and, by the very next season, fielding a squad with one of the best records in baseball through the first two months.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts