To all those who bashed me and called me out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

To all those who bashed me and called me out

I was right that going 0-6 in April immediately gave away the division (said in week 2)

I was right that Crawford would not come around (said in May)

I was right (then wrong but then quickly right again) that the Beckett extension was a mistake (said in April of 2010)

I was right about Drew (said in early 2009)

I was right that Lester is not an ace or big game pitcher (said for about 2 years now)

I was right that the team (w/ few exceptions) had given up (said in late August; right after the yankee series)

I was right that Francona was part of the problem (being saying that since 2005)

I was right that Theo would go all year without bothering to spend a dime on a bona fide left handed reliever (said in April)

I was right that Theo should have kept Beltre and VMart and not bothered with Gonzalez and 150 million dollars whilst depleting the farm (said over the winter)

I was right that they would not get into the playoffs (said after the Rays took 7 of 8)

Now let's see if those folks who started threads to call me out, will now have the class to retract

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: To all those who bashed me and called me out

How about the gullable ones in July who said Lackey was improving and on his way back? lol. 

Or...

All those who right up to the last series said things like "we should take the next two," "we should win all 3," etc.,... more homerism than baseball know-how.

I will argue Gonzales on you though. If you think Beltre was a better long-term option than AGon than you will be proven wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RonSwanson. Show RonSwanson's posts

If people bash you and call you out, it's probably because of self-congratulating OPs like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Nah, this is my first one and unlike some people, I waited until the season was actually over.  I realize it is still a little over the top, but the more I thought about the season and things that were said here, I thought a summary was called for.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: To all those who bashed me and called me out:
    How about the gullable ones in July who said Lackey was improving and on his way back? lol.  Or... All those who right up to the last series said things like "we should take the next two," "we should win all 3," etc.,... more homerism than baseball know-how. I will argue Gonzales on you though. If you think Beltre was a better long-term option than AGon than you will be proven wrong.
    Posted by BurritoT

The whole "take 2 of the next 3 or 3 of 4 from the O's, etc" thing is the entire ENTITLEMENT thing.  We haven't won a playoff game since the ALCS of 2008 and we lost that series.

I think Gonzo is a better long term player talent-wise than Beltre but you have to be cautious of a 150 million dollar deal; not that Beltre's isn't a ton of $ either.  The reason why I go w/ Beltre is the DOMINO affect:  Youk stays at 1B (better overall D at the corners), keep VMart in the mix, don't trade the farm, no 150 deals...but the kicker for me was when Gonzo didn't come through in the clutch and then the icing was when he complained about the schedule.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

andrew it was bad in September the way we were losing and still having to listen to the true fans make claims how we would still run all over Toronto, Baltimore, and even the Rays. 

AGon will end up being a 45 doubles 30 homer 120 ribbie gold glover and if that is all he does he will be a great assett. Ribbies are the key ... we need Manny/Ortiz kind of ribbie years. He will hit a ton of doubles and he may seldom see 35+ homers during his time here. That is okay by me.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

One more comment, and this is one reason I am okay with Tito going, but if the team wants to always aim for the Wild Card they cannot be true champs. They need to play to win and rest after the division is clinched.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Get over yourself. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

this is a place for sharing opinions, and just like a ***hole we all got one.  Someone is always going to think different from us, and some of us may be more right or wrong than others.....but starting a thread and only pointing out where you have been right and everyone else has been wrong.....well....it kinda makes you sound like a narcissist.

May a suggest this, and I think it would actually be a fun thread:  A thread where everyone gets a chance to state everything the where right/and wrong about and then invite others in. 

Not trying to offend anyone in here........but come on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BOSOX1941. Show BOSOX1941's posts

One more comment, and this is one reason I am okay with Tito going, but if the team wants to always aim for the Wild Card they cannot be true champs. They need to play to win and rest after the division is clinched.
    Posted by BurritoT

Absolutely true. winning is of prime importance, no matter what time of the season it is.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree, this kind of thread isn't something I appreciate however, it was really directed to a handful of people who started similar threads to call me out specifically. 

At least I didn't use their names, but they know who they are.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It's not always RBI, it's the timely RBI; Manny and David had/have a knack for that while Adriane has not (yet).....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Too often Tito rested guys just because he could. You should rest them when they are hurting or maybe because they are slumping. You don't sit a starting player on a Sunday just because you can.

How many Sundays over the last few seasons were the Sox up 2-0 on the weekend series and Tito sits 3 of his best players? a lot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Without really doing the hard analysis, my inital thought is that Theo is more responsible for the mess than Francona.  While it's true that Theo gave Francona talent (a) I think the payroll was misallocated (too much on a speedy left fielder and not enough on arms) and (b) a mere assemblence of talent does not a team-make.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The way to build a team in Boston is to:

1)  Develop the Farm

*  You have the money to sign draft picks; no excuse to let one get away

2)  You have the $ to retain the homegrown talent when they are Arb/FA Eligible

3)  Supplement the roster w/ Free Agents: 

*  Do this at high turn-over positions:  Bull Pen and DH

*  Mid Season acquisitions to overcome injuries (not necessarily trading prospects for All Stars but to take on a mid-tier, over-paid player to fill in a gap for you)

In short,

DEVELOP

RETAIN

SUPPLEMENT

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac33. Show pinstripezac33's posts

I agree, this kind of thread isn't something I appreciate however, it was really directed to a handful of people who started similar threads to call me out specifically.  At least I didn't use their names, but they know who they are.
    Posted by andrewmitch

actually I thought the thread was a good idea

making it about you was the mistake
    (how bout a list of times you were wrong about NYY)

but yeah there is a group of posters here

that should eat some of crow

for automatically jumping on every RS fan

that ever criticized tito or theo

how many times did we read this response 

'' they won 2 tittles'' so little else matters

well upper management appears to disagree

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from YOUKILLUS20. Show YOUKILLUS20's posts

In Response to To all those who bashed me and called me out:
    I was right that going 0-6 in April immediately gave away the division (said in week 2) I was right that Crawford would not come around (said in May) I was right (then wrong but then quickly right again) that the Beckett extension was a mistake (said in April of 2010) I was right about Drew (said in early 2009) I was right that Lester is not an ace or big game pitcher (said for about 2 years now) I was right that the team (w/ few exceptions) had given up (said in late August; right after the yankee series) I was right that Francona was part of the problem (being saying that since 2005) I was right that Theo would go all year without bothering to spend a dime on a bona fide left handed reliever (said in April) I was right that Theo should have kept Beltre and VMart and not bothered with Gonzalez and 150 million dollars whilst depleting the farm (said over the winter) I was right that they would not get into the playoffs (said after the Rays took 7 of 8) Now let's see if those folks who started threads to call me out, will now have the class to retract
    Posted by andrewmitch

I'm glad you did this AM. You said it, and you were right. Putting it out there is one way to prevent the revisionists going rogue and painting you with their brush. Where is JIMDAVIS???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Being a negative poster all the time is not something to crow about.   You care more about being right than how the team actually did?  And you think that is something to brag about??!?!?!?!?

Ok then, just for you:

Wow, you're my hero!  Can I have your autograph?  That is worth more than anything else on the planet, because you made a bunch of negative comments that turned out right!

What a guy!  So smart!!!!  So much character!!!!!!!!  Such a great fan!  You stick by the team no matter what!!!    I am humbled by your genius and ability to see the future.  I think you should be referred to as "Exalted One" from now on. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

jimdavis ?  Haha. Easily the meanest postive fan (true fan) on the board. He only comes here to bash posters who talk about things they see going wrong with the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

In Response to To all those who bashed me and called me out:
    I was right that going 0-6 in April immediately gave away the division (said in week 2) I was right that Crawford would not come around (said in May) I was right (then wrong but then quickly right again) that the Beckett extension was a mistake (said in April of 2010) I was right about Drew (said in early 2009) I was right that Lester is not an ace or big game pitcher (said for about 2 years now) I was right that the team (w/ few exceptions) had given up (said in late August; right after the yankee series) I was right that Francona was part of the problem (being saying that since 2005) I was right that Theo would go all year without bothering to spend a dime on a bona fide left handed reliever (said in April) I was right that Theo should have kept Beltre and VMart and not bothered with Gonzalez and 150 million dollars whilst depleting the farm (said over the winter) I was right that they would not get into the playoffs (said after the Rays took 7 of 8) Now let's see if those folks who started threads to call me out, will now have the class to retract
    Posted by andrewmitch

Good for you...however I would rather be proven wrong and have the Sox make the postseason than the other way around...but at least you got that going for you 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Believe me, it would have been nice to be proven wrong but my feelings weren't hunches - they were backed by history and hard evidence.  That is what gets me about some fans - they think with their hearts.  It's one of the reasons why I learned to hate yankee fans - because every guy on their team is always the "best" from Dave Winfield to Brien Talyor to Gerald Williams to Roger McDowell to Justin Chamberlain etc etc...I don't think I "predicted" anything special, it was just common sense.  Again, the point was some folks called me out so I wanted to give them a chance to retract.  At least I didn't mention any specific names. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to To all those who bashed me and called me out :  I'm glad you did this AM. You said it, and you were right. Putting it out there is one way to prevent the revisionists going rogue and painting you with their brush. Where is JIMDAVIS???
    Posted by YOUKILLUS20

Lots of revisionists.  But I use the Stalin method on them - I erase their photographs from history - forever......

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

Hmm, the post just seems way to self-aggrandizing. I personally did not call you out for any of your predictions, and congratulate you for being right, but see a crack in your forum character for feeling the need to list all that were correct. Should you not consider a new screen name? Nostradamus possibly?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

I will call you out I think you are a fool and an attention seeker.  You love to bytch and I am embarrassed you are a Sox fan.

I was right that going 0-6 in April immediately gave away the division (said in week 2)  GibberishThey lead the division pretty late in the year.

the Beckett extension was a mistake (said in April of 2010)  Have you looked up his ERA this year? 

I was right about Drew (said in early 2009)  You were wrong, he was overpaid but was the best option.  The other options make his Sox career look like Babe Ruth's. Gary Matthews JR anyone?

I was right that Lester is not an ace  
    2010 + 2011 6th best WAR AL SP!
    2009 - '11 :  4th
    2008 - '11 : 4th
    2007 - '11 : 6th

2007 - '11:  K/9 AL  #1 Verlander 8.73   #2. Lester 8.57

I was right that Theo should have kept Beltre

early days let's see how Beltre's hammys hold up before you blow your horn.

and VMart  Why didn't any team want him to catch?  Baltimore, Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit all didn't want him signing for 4 years as a catcher.

and not bothered with Gonzalez and 150 million dollars whilst depleting the farm (said over the winter) I was right that they would not get into the playoffs (said after the Rays took 7 of 8) Now let's see if those folks who started threads to call me out, will now have the class to retract
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I will call you out I think you are a fool and an attention seeker.  You love to bytch and I am embarrassed you are a Sox fan. I was right that going 0-6 in April immediately gave away the division (said in week 2)   Gibberish .  They lead the division pretty late in the year.   the Beckett extension was a mistake (said in April of 2010)   Have you looked up his ERA this year?   I was right about Drew (said in early 2009)   You were wrong, he was overpaid but was the best option.  The other options make his Sox career look like Babe Ruth's. Gary Matthews JR anyone?   I was right that Lester is not an ace   2010 + 2011 6th best WAR AL SP! 6th!   I was right that Theo should have kept Beltre early days let's see how Beltre's hammys hold up before you blow your horn. and VMart   Why didn't any team want him to catch?  Baltimore, Cleveland, Boston, and Detroit all didn't want him signing for 4 years as a catcher.   and not bothered with Gonzalez and 150 million dollars whilst depleting the farm (said over the winter) I was right that they would not get into the playoffs (said after the Rays took 7 of 8) Now let's see if those folks who started threads to call me out, will now have the class to retract Posted by andrewmitch

Posted by tom-uk

Thanks for proving my point. 

Stalin - do your thing!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts