To appease my critics, a special offering...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

To appease my critics, a special offering...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Re: To appease my critics, a special offering...

or to put it another way ....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Like I said, you aren't one to hide:)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If only you had some way of giving your attitude to the Sox...they would already be in the playoffs.  This team's individuals are head and shoulders better than the Orioles and the Rays but collectively they can't hold a candle to either TEAM.  The Sox are a collection of individuals and have no identity, no leadership, and all the talent in the world.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In Response to Re: To appease my critics, a special offering...:
    [QUOTE]Like I said, you aren't one to hide:)
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

OH OH  Good morning Harness!

I meant a short thread ... maybe it was taken a different way.  LOL!!!

Such is life.

Aside from bleeding Red Sox red today, how are you friend?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]If only you had some way of giving your attitude to the Sox...they would already be in the playoffs.  This team's individuals are head and shoulders better than the Orioles and the Rays but collectively they can't hold a candle to either TEAM.  The Sox are a collection of individuals and have no identity, no leadership, and all the talent in the world.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE]

I was wondering if they need a "cheerleader at all costs", Traven.  Watching the game at Fenway a week ago was like watching 37,000 at a wake.  (Not Wake ... )

They need some one to keep shouting and screaming, no matter what ... in the stands.  I'd be more than happy to do it, but alas I am tied up here.  Maybe next year ... 

The folks at Fenway don't know how to handle adversity.  I'm not being mean, just sharing a counselor's insight.  I NEVER shut up when I'm at a game.  My older son used to say they (his team) knew the exact second I arrived. 

I do wonder how the position players handle the ptiching disappointments ... even still, someone oughta be yelling FOR the guy on the mound ....from the stands as well as from the dug out.

Ooops.  This was supposed to be a short thread ....  :o)

If the position is open, let me know.  I'll yell from here, just so they will know I can do it .....

I don't even mean over the phone ... I'll just lean out the window.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to To appease my critics, a special offering... : Appeasement never works....Cmon Yaz! You must be a crazy liberal lol Hang in there buddy. I rather go down with the ship then be a coward and jump off now. Maybe our team will wake up in time
    Posted by thepeskypole6[/QUOTE]

It was a coded effort ...

a picture, a short thread ... :o)

But then a picture is worth a 1,000 words ... and I showed two ...

So I was really being quite verbose.

Ain't givin' up nothin!  Not now, not nevah!!!!

Thanks for the pep talk, :o)  that never hurts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yaz when was the last time it really came down to the last game of the season? Remarkable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Who would have thought 91 wins could make the WC?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

A grease fitting?

I have something better in the works:

Matilda Celese the oldest witch in the world has been trying to put a hex on Tampa Bay Rays hitters and the Baltimore Orioles pitching staff on our behalf...( I paid her about $20 bucks).

She says this does not fail , she used it for the Mets in 1986, for the Allies in WW2 and it helped Bob Denver land the role of Gilligan in Gilligan's Island.

Let's hope she still remembers the spell, she says she knows the hand symbol part the words are a bit tricky.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc25. Show tc25's posts

[QUOTE]A grease fitting? I have something better in the works: Matilda Celese the oldest witch in the world has been trying to put a hex on Tampa Bay Rays hitters and the Baltimore Orioles pitching staff on our behalf...( I paid her about $20 bucks). She says this does not fail , she used it for the Mets in 1986, for the Allies in WW2 and it helped Bob Denver land the role of Gilligan in Gilligan's Island. Let's hope she still remembers the spell, she says she knows the hand symbol part the words are a bit tricky.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]
    What  the hell does hook em horns & Texas football have to do with the red sox

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

[QUOTE]A grease fitting? I have something better in the works: Matilda Celese the oldest witch in the world has been trying to put a hex on Tampa Bay Rays hitters and the Baltimore Orioles pitching staff on our behalf...( I paid her about $20 bucks). She says this does not fail , she used it for the Mets in 1986, for the Allies in WW2 and it helped Bob Denver land the role of Gilligan in Gilligan's Island. Let's hope she still remembers the spell, she says she knows the hand symbol part the words are a bit tricky.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Isn't that a bunny rabbit in shadow puppetry?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

It has nothing to do with Texas. For Italians, that is the sign of la malocchi (the evil eye). It is intended to do bad things to one's opponents. Back some years ago, in a bowling tourney, one of the guys on the team we were competing against, had 8 straight strikes and only needed one more to take us out. I decided to give him the sign with one eye closed. He didn't get the strike and even missed the spare. My team mates busted a gut laughing and the other team couldn't figure out why. By the way, we won.

Of course, I was only doing it to mess around. Don't really believe in that stuff.

This tale is true. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]Yaz when was the last time it really came down to the last game of the season? Remarkable.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

It was remarkable ...

I almost started a thread "It don't get any better than this" ...

But of course it does ...  one more win would have been bettah!

:o)

You know what now, B?  I'm afraid pandora's box will be wide open until at least ST...

Have a good off season. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Who would have thought 91 wins could make the WC?
    Posted by moonslav59

Moon,

I honestly couldn't have brewed this one up in my most angst driven moment ...  "who'd a thought indeed ..."

But I'm about to give you some props elsewhere.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

A grease fitting? I have something better in the works: Matilda Celese the oldest witch in the world has been trying to put a hex on Tampa Bay Rays hitters and the Baltimore Orioles pitching staff on our behalf...( I paid her about $20 bucks). She says this does not fail , she used it for the Mets in 1986, for the Allies in WW2 and it helped Bob Denver land the role of Gilligan in Gilligan's Island. Let's hope she still remembers the spell, she says she knows the hand symbol part the words are a bit tricky.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD

Zill ...

Enjoyable as always.  I think our good lady of the curse is ... in need of some help.   Being a future alzheimer's patient myself, I hope they can help her ... several months now to see if she can recall the real curse.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To appease my critics, a special offering... : What  the hell does hook em horns & Texas football have to do with the red sox
    Posted by tc25[/QUOTE]

Maybe she recalls Texas' season last year and knows it had to be cursed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Good tale, Dawg.

We can all use a smile right about now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Down 7-0, game winning HR in the 12th inning - Sox lose on the last out of the game - Braves go down in extras.

St. Louis
    Boston
    Tampa
    Atlanta

4 cities of fans on the edge on the last day of the regular season!