To Get Rid of Eric Wilbur, Yes or No that is the question of this poll.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

To Get Rid of Eric Wilbur, Yes or No that is the question of this poll.

Just reading Wilbur's trash this A.M., whether Lackey hates Boston, etc my thoughts are going to this subject. A simple yes or no. Should Eric Wilbur be banished from the Boston Sports scene as a writer for the Boston Globe. I can't remember the last time the man, if you could refer to him as such actually wrote an article in the positive on any sports subject. 

So is it yes or no. Ask the Globe to get rid of Wilbur ?

Hetch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: To Get Rid of Eric Wilbur, Yes or No that is the question of this poll.

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just reading Wilbur's trash this A.M., whether Lackey hates Boston, etc my thoughts are going to this subject. A simple yes or no. Should Eric Wilbur be banished from the Boston Sports scene as a writer for the Boston Globe. I can't remember the last time the man, if you could refer to him as such actually wrote an article in the positive on any sports subject. 

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

I just don't bother clicking on his columns.

He and Shaughnessy are a waste of bytes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So is it a yes or no ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

No, because I don't like putting people out of their jobs.

But I avoid reading him.  You can actually get depressed reading his stuff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So is it a yes or no ?

[/QUOTE]

They're not going to fire him.

Some folks love whining. Just read this board.

Those types will read him just to feed their own negativity.

A version of the "if it bleeds, it leads" attitude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]NO,NO,NO...........  GEE WIZZZZZ, STARTING A THREAD TO GET RID OF A WRITER ?????  PLEASE, SPARE US/ME.......  GOSH , THE GALL OF SOME PEOPLE....  I CAN GO TO THE POLITICAL BOARD AND READ CRAP LIKE THIS......  HETCH, I REALLY AM SURPRISED & SHOCKED WITH YOUR THOUGHTS HERE....  YOU DO/DID A BETTER JOB HERE WHEN YOU KEPT THINGS FAIR & BALANCED !!!!!    JUST SAYING .....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

No, because I don't like putting people out of their jobs.

But I avoid reading him.  You can actually get depressed reading his stuff.

This. Calling for writers to be censored isn't my thing.

That said, it's been a long time since I paid Wilbur any heed. Didn't read whatever he said about Lackey, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he still has an ax to grind from 2011.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

No.  I read the article and thought it was OK because there have to be lots of reasons why Lackey would have bad memories of Boston despite finally getting his WS ring.  The biggest reason is the one Wilbur left out--suddenly Lackey is pitching for a team with a shot at the playoffs and no longer for a team with no shot.  My guess is boston.com wants a variety of opinions from their writers, and Wilbur helps to provide that.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

No! ...You must like his articles , you keep reading them? Should we have a poll to keep you here? Please just a simple yes or no

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

I don't usually read Wilbur's column but someone provided me a link to it yesterday so I read it.  After reading it I realized why I don't usually read him - and I'll continue not to. 

Negativity sells, and Eric Wilbur is a master of negativity.

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

do people still buy newspapers?

yes, get rid of him.

other names i have posted under:  none

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]NO,NO,NO...........  GEE WIZZZZZ, STARTING A THREAD TO GET RID OF A WRITER ?????  PLEASE, SPARE US/ME.......  GOSH , THE GALL OF SOME PEOPLE....  I CAN GO TO THE POLITICAL BOARD AND READ CRAP LIKE THIS......  HETCH, I REALLY AM SURPRISED & SHOCKED WITH YOUR THOUGHTS HERE....  YOU DO/DID A BETTER JOB HERE WHEN YOU KEPT THINGS FAIR & BALANCED !!!!!    JUST SAYING .....

[/QUOTE]

STF-U.

[/QUOTE]Now, now...... Lets keep it civil  !!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

do people still buy newspapers?

yes, get rid of him.

[/QUOTE]

They may not buy them, but you all read them every day, morning, noon, and night...it's called the Internet. When Yahoo reports something--how do you think it's written? By writers and news is reported by news agencies---i.e. newspapers. It's just that you don't see the actual hard copy much anymore or people tend to "read" the paper on the computer, laptop, surface, tablet, etc, cell phone....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Hetch

[/QUOTE]

STF-U.

[/QUOTE]Now, now...... Lets keep it civil  !!!!

[/QUOTE]

so is ThefourBs' one of the iconic 4-5 posters who don't like you Bill? Or do we need to increase that number to 6?

[/QUOTE]No, i think that it is just 5 & holding........  "use guys" have formed the "FAB 5" against  DAD & BILL-806  !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Wilbur only learned from the King of Good Riddance himself--Dan Shaughnessy....The Globe's history has been any time a star Sox player is traded, leaves by FA, it's always because they are a bad person, not because of business. It never can be a guy is dealt and the guy happens to like Boston or doesn't have skeletons or doesn't privately hate the FO...Even Lester on the way out, you got some columnists who think he raised his level up in the reg. season because it was a contract year, implying he never gave his all....It's Globe M.O. Nomar, Manny, Pedro, Clemens, Lackey, Mo Vaughn....it's always they deserve to not be Red Sox anymore because they are bad, very bad people....enough.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

But what they don't understand by writing these damning after-the-fact columns is that what they really are doing is giving the Front Office/Henry/LL/Werner pats on the back and justifying every move they make. Maybe 3 WS titles gives them the right to be Royalty, but when the Globe continually backs the Front Office and hates on the players, their agents, it becomes tiresome. I don't even remember the last time the Front Office was blamed for anything. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ben and Larry can do no wrong, neither can Mr. Henry.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But what they don't understand by writing these damning after-the-fact columns is that what they really are doing is giving the Front Office/Henry/LL/Werner pats on the back and justifying every move they make. Maybe 3 WS titles gives them the right to be Royalty, but when the Globe continually backs the Front Office and hates on the players, their agents, it becomes tiresome. I don't even remember the last time the Front Office was blamed for anything. 

[/QUOTE]

hmmmmmm....  ;)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I was trying to be a bit tongue in cheek on this but maybe my tongue wasn't firmly planted in cheek enough so apologies to board folks !!

As for Wilbur can we trade him to the Siberian Post if it exists, so at least he can say he's employed. Or how about NYC to report on the Jets training camp and Phat Rex. 

Point well taken about avoiding reading his articles as I've advised  others to Ignore certain list members, but on rare occasion within his vast negativity Wilbur does occasionally bring out good points, hence I read his stuff with apprehension.

Cheers, 

Hetch   

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Wilbur is a fascinating writer who is generally spot on. His acumen and strict adherence to the facts is unsurpassed in literary history, as is his insatiable appetite for dirt. He writes what sells. I say keep him.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No.  I read the article and thought it was OK because there have to be lots of reasons why Lackey would have bad memories of Boston despite finally getting his WS ring.  The biggest reason is the one Wilbur left out--suddenly Lackey is pitching for a team with a shot at the playoffs and no longer for a team with no shot.  My guess is boston.com wants a variety of opinions from their writers, and Wilbur helps to provide that.  

[/QUOTE]

Sure. It seems pretty clear that Lackey wanted to be in StL more than he wanted to be here. That's fine. But Wilbur takes that and turns it into a piece titled "Why does John Lackey Hate Boston?" that is full of swipes at the man's character, basically painting him as a greedy a*hole.

If Lackey was indeed unhappy this season, he didn't really show it. He didn't complain or cause trouble in the clubhouse, or make public statements like Mike Carp about wanting to be traded. He didn't badmouth Boston on his way out or complain about how awful it was to play here, like Crawford did. His sole crime was being noncommittal this season when asked about the $500,000 option (which I can't entirely blame him for...let's not forget this is a business on the players' side as well), and now apparently being happy in St. Louis.

Does that justify this kind of character assassination against a guy who pitched his heart out for us last season and helped win a title?

I agree with S5...reading that article only reminded me why I usually stay away from Wilbur's trash.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sure. It seems pretty clear that Lackey wanted to be in StL more than he wanted to be here. That's fine. But Wilbur takes that and turns it into a piece titled "Why does John Lackey Hate Boston?" that is full of swipes at the man's character, basically painting him as a greedy a*hole.

If Lackey was indeed unhappy this season, he didn't really show it. He didn't complain or cause trouble in the clubhouse, or make public statements like Mike Carp about wanting to be traded. He didn't badmouth Boston on his way out or complain about how awful it was to play here, like Crawford did. His sole crime was being noncommittal this season when asked about the $500,000 option (which I can't entirely blame him for...let's not forget this is a business on the players' side as well), and now apparently being happy in St. Louis.

Does that justify this kind of character assassination against a guy who pitched his heart out for us last season and helped win a title?

I agree with S5...reading that article only reminded me why I usually stay away from Wilbur's trash.

[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised if Lackey wasn't still a little miffed about the way he was treated for trying to pitch injured.

Lat year's cap tip to the fans not withstanding...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Who is Eric Wilbur?