TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!

BEDARD IS A HAS-BEEN!  He would probably turn out to be a Colon or Smoltz!  He has done nothing recently to warrant giving top notch prospects for him!  If you need another starter, what is wrong with Dubront?  And, while I have seen a limited sampling of Pence, I like Reddick better!  Reddick is faster and has a better arm!  There is nothing sacred about must have a right handed hitting outfielder!  If you have 3 very good hitting , left handed batting outfielders, which we do, what the hell is wrong with that?  Ok, so the mega-bucks guy needs to improve, but our home-growns are terrific!!

If Theo makes the reported deal... I will hate him for life!  And, I have always been a strong Theo supporter!!

More often than not, the JULY trading deadline deals have been a bust for Boston...a few worked well, but were essentially rentals, and we lost guys like Masterson!

Someone Kidnap Theo and tie him up for a few days!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Re: TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!

You also said Miller will be the man for the next 6 years.
    Take a tranquilizer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

In Response to TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!:
    BEDARD IS A HAS-BEEN!  He would probably turn out to be a Colon or Smoltz!  He has done nothing recently to warrant giving top notch prospects for him!  If you need another starter, what is wrong with Dubront?  And, while I have seen a limited sampling of Pence, I like Reddick better!  Reddick is faster and has a better arm!  There is nothing sacred about must have a right handed hitting outfielder!  If you have 3 very good hitting , left handed batting outfielders, which we do, what the hell is wrong with that?  Ok, so the mega-bucks guy needs to improve, but our home-growns are terrific!! If Theo makes the reported deal... I will hate him for life!  And, I have always been a strong Theo supporter!! More often than not, the JULY trading deadline deals have been a bust for Boston...a few worked well, but were essentially rentals, and we lost guys like Masterson! Someone Kidnap Theo and tie him up for a few days!
    Posted by REBEL

REBEL: Calm down, it's only baseball. Try not to have a coronary or violent psychotic episode. Or you might end up a stroke-ridden, left-side of brain damaged, bitter and twisted weirdo, like Softlaw/Billyboy/Yazzer.

I recommend adequate dosages of a particular medicine manufactured on island of Islay, off west coast of Scotland. Best is Lagavulin, a smoky, peaty flavored compound aged 16 years and prescribed over ice with a dosage of 30 % water to balance the medicinal compound. Frequency of dosage is self-administered, but repeated until general calmness and feelings of well-being ensue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Well Bedard beats Wakefield, Miller or Lackey as our #3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eman39. Show eman39's posts

In Response to TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!:
    BEDARD IS A HAS-BEEN!  He would probably turn out to be a Colon or Smoltz!  He has done nothing recently to warrant giving top notch prospects for him!  If you need another starter, what is wrong with Dubront?  And, while I have seen a limited sampling of Pence, I like Reddick better!  Reddick is faster and has a better arm!  There is nothing sacred about must have a right handed hitting outfielder!  If you have 3 very good hitting , left handed batting outfielders, which we do, what the hell is wrong with that?  Ok, so the mega-bucks guy needs to improve, but our home-growns are terrific!! If Theo makes the reported deal... I will hate him for life!  And, I have always been a strong Theo supporter!! More often than not, the JULY trading deadline deals have been a bust for Boston...a few worked well, but were essentially rentals, and we lost guys like Masterson! Someone Kidnap Theo and tie him up for a few days!
    Posted by REBEL

unbelievable the crap people put on here. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wolfpack13. Show Wolfpack13's posts

There's so much wrong information with this post that I don't have time to address them all. I'll address three... What is wrong with Dubront? Did you watch him pitch at all?!? So you being the fantasy GM is going make Felix Dubront your #4 or #5 starter for this team. Real smart.
    Second, Martinez for Materson was an excellent move. Excellent! If you don't realize that you simply don't understand the game.
    Finally, Bedard could turn out to be another "COLON" are you talking about Bartolo Colon? He's saving the Yankees this year. Why in the world would you use him as an example. Please tell me you were taking about Esteban Colon his younger stepbrother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

I coulden't agree more
    Bedard is JD Drew on the hill
    Jimenez on the other hand could win a lot of games if he's on
    not to mention a ALCS or WS game
    Decent contract for the next two years. Way more upside than Bedard
    Give the Rox Weiland,Millswood aka Ande Marte an Bowden
    What we have is way better than what everybody else has
    Bedard deff not the answer
    Jimemez perhaps but on our terms or let the Yankees give up moe than hes worth
    that might come back to bite us on the    ---

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Pence to philly

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

In Response to Re: TO HELL WITH BEDARD AND PENCE!!:
    You also said Miller will be the man for the next 6 years. Take a tranquilizer.
    Posted by harness

BE PATIENT!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Oh. O.K. When Miller is pitching out of the pen this Sept., I'll try and remember that he'll be a starting stud for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

I coulden't agree more Bedard is JD Drew on the hill Jimenez on the other hand could win a lot of games if he's on not to mention a ALCS or WS game Decent contract for the next two years. Way more upside than Bedard Give the Rox Weiland,Millswood aka Ande Marte an Bowden What we have is way better than what everybody else has Bedard deff not the answer Jimemez perhaps but on our terms or let the Yankees give up moe than hes worth that might come back to bite us on the    ---
    Posted by ws04ed

Did u Really just say give the rox weiland, millswood, and bowden? That couldnt even get us Bedard let alone Jimenez

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ws04ed. Show ws04ed's posts

If Bedard is the next comming of Bartolo Conon then the Yankees can have him,
    that arm is going to fall  off soon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sawxBsPats. Show sawxBsPats's posts

I coulden't agree more Bedard is JD Drew on the hill Jimenez on the other hand could win a lot of games if he's on not to mention a ALCS or WS game Decent contract for the next two years. Way more upside than Bedard Give the Rox Weiland,Millswood aka Ande Marte an Bowden What we have is way better than what everybody else has Bedard deff not the answer Jimemez perhaps but on our terms or let the Yankees give up moe than hes worth that might come back to bite us on the    ---
    Posted by ws04ed

That package might get you Jason Hammel... If you're serious about Ubaldo Jimenez, then by Millswood (Millwood?) you mean Will Middlebrooks and by Bowden you mean Ryan Lavarnway, and then throw in your pick of either Josh Reddick or Felix Doubront.

Imagine if the Braves were asking for Jon Lester. Then increase the package because the Rockies don't have an option to replace their ace (though Chacin looks promising). 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Correct, Bald, Pence is headed to Philly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Too bad Pence is going elsewhere.
    To the clown who admits to not seeing much of Pence,how do you come to the idiotic conclusion that Red dick has a better arm (Pence has the most assists in MLB since 2007) or that he's faster.
    Just like to know where the basis of these dopey statements come from?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Correct, Bald, Pence is headed to Philly.
    Posted by chuchos

well I was wrong about that

not sure who it was, but weeks ago they said

the sox should get him and I said

I couldn't see the astros trading one of their few fan favorites

obviously depending on costs, but I'm thinking

bedard would be a very good PU for either team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

He was taken out of the Astros game, so that's a sure sign he's gone.
    Too bad, he'd have been the best Sox RF since Dewey Evans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from REBEL. Show REBEL's posts

Too bad Pence is going elsewhere. To the clown who admits to not seeing much of Pence,how do you come to the idiotic conclusion that Red dick has a better arm (Pence has the most assists in MLB since 2007) or that he's faster. Just like to know where the basis of these dopey statements come from?
    Posted by tbrod

BY WATCHING THE GAME!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

What we have here is a MO-RON!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Posted by ws04ed

Weiland, Millwood and Marte? Wow, you must want this guy badly.

I'm not sure if there is a single player on the Rockies you could get for that package. let alone their best pitcher...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Too bad Pence is going elsewhere. To the clown who admits to not seeing much of Pence,how do you come to the idiotic conclusion that Red dick has a better arm (Pence has the most assists in MLB since 2007) or that he's faster. Just like to know where the basis of these dopey statements come from?
    Posted by tbrod

Total assists does not necessarily mean a stronger arm.  After all, does having more assists mean Pence has a stronger arm than Ichiro? Or Rick Ankiel? Or Adam Jones?  Sometimes, players with weaker arms get more assists because they get challenged more often.  Alfonso Soriano, for example.

Pence has a good arm, but he also has this really funky side arm throwing motion that probably deceives baserunners alot.  Overall, I would say Josh Reddick can throw a baseball better than Hunter Pence.

Speed?  Not sure about that.

Hitting - serious edge for Pence...

Sections
Shortcuts