To the outfield young Man!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

To the outfield young Man!!!

Just heard on the baseball show from Bob Newmie that Will Middlebrooks is going to get work in the outfield. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Re: To the outfield young Man!!!

LF he goes

CF Jackie

RF Betts

Bam

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

In response to steven11's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just heard on the baseball show from Bob Newmie that Will Middlebrooks is going to get work in the outfield. 

[/QUOTE]

Not the worst idea I ever heard!  But now... what do we do with Brock Holt??  I know that what he's done can be considered a SSS, but it's the only SS we've got for what he can do at this level!  Don't we have to wait for him to prove he can't keep doing what he's doing before we dismiss him in favor of someone else?

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not the worst idea I ever heard!  But now... what do we do with Brock Holt??  I know that what he's done can be considered a SSS, but it's the only SS we've got for what he can do at this level!  Don't we have to wait for him to prove he can't keep doing what he's doing before we dismiss him in favor of someone else?

[/QUOTE]

Valid point but I heard somewhere the Red Sox will use him 5 days a week to spell players a la Ben Zobrist type player.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

I was thinking the same thing for Middlebrooks. I haven't given up on him. I crave the RH power as shown so I'm willing to give him more chances than other players. If he can play LF and starts hitting, maybe he can find at-bats in LF, 3B, 1B for the rest of the season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I always thought Middy should have been targeted for 1B (or bust).

I think Cecchini should be targeted for LF, but that is based on Bogey remaining at 3B going forward after this year.

Sox4ever

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I always thought Middy should have been targeted for 1B (or bust).

I think Cecchini should be targeted for LF, but that is based on Bogey remaining at 3B going forward after this year.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]  We need to take a longer look at Cecchini. He has not been all that great at Pawtucket. He can't just live off of his reputation as a top prospect. He has to produce. It is hard to give up on Middlebrooks. He has disappointed, but still has the kind of right handed power that we crave. Betts is obviously the guy to watch at this point. It seems that, at the top level, we are much deeper in pitching than in position players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Cafardo felt that this was just a move to get him some MLB playing time and enhance his trade value before the deadline by showing he was healthy and giving him a bit more versatility.

"Who would have guessed it possible that waiting is sustainable, a place with its own harvests -- or that in time's fullness the diamonds of patience couldn't be distinguished from genuine brilliance or hardness." --Kay Ryan.

"Everything is happening, all the time, very fast. I like that." -- Warren Ellis

[/QUOTE]

Probably, But it will be nice to see him playing again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

IMO opinion, Middlebrooks' only value is to the Red Sox. The Sox need RH power. If Middlebrooks starts to show he can be that RH power hitter that it raises his trade value, why would the Sox trade that and what exactly would they trade that for.

The Sox need a RH power hitter, so is someone really going to trade RH power hitter for another. The only way would be if the other team wants him as a 3B and has a RH power-hitting OF, but really, is that scenario out there.

If Middlebrooks doesn't show he can be that RH power, then he'll have little trade value.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Middlebrooks has been a running advertisement....he could do this, he could do that, he might be this, he should go here, he needs this, that....he's spent more time on the DL than on a MLB roster....He's got power, but I don't even know where he should play, let alone be given time to get back to his short rookie greatness. I really don't care what happens with Middlebrooks as he's injury prone and not a long-term solution to anything for anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Just as I predicted a few days ago. 

Edit: I kinda feel like a narcissistic dooouche for writing that. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now you don't do anything with Holt, except play him where you need him (and it's not that difficult finding a spot everyday, because he seems to hit LH pitching pretty much the same as RH pitching). He's going to be the lead-off hitter until he breaks a leg, or something. Victorino will probably remain a walking wounded and even if he does get a little healthy, neither he nor anyone else is going to be taking that lead-off spot away from Holt. Holt has proven himself in a dozen different ways, It's a matter of others doing the same.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holt?  Why would you think Holt is in danger of losing his job to WMB? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Middlebrooks will be in the minor leagues for the maximum number of days. They may keep him in Pawtucket for the rest of year. He can't hit.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

great.  now we have 273 outfielders that cannot hit or stay healthy.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

As long as Holt still has a position somewhere, why not?  Whats another clunky strike out master capable of the occasional double?  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Holt?  Why would you think Holt is in danger of losing his job to WMB? 

[/QUOTE]

I think that was sarcasm again?  Possibly the sarcasm approval board can chime in.