To those who don't want A-Gon

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Re: To those who don't want A-Gon

The Inside Job that Hoyer provided Theo does not look so good after all, given the fact that the Red Sox had to give up some talent and then overpay a non-superstar, like a superstar.  Should have saved the money and the prospects. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Roaddogg1959. Show Roaddogg1959's posts

Agon isn't that bad with some working with him he might get to the level of Casey Kotchman not as much power as Casey but still a fair hitter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon:
    [QUOTE]Agon isn't that bad with some working with him he might get to the level of Casey Kotchman not as much power as Casey but still a fair hitter.
    Posted by Roaddogg1959[/QUOTE]

Kotchman might have been more clutch.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

0-8 today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

All I am asking is to see him HUSTLE down the line

He takes the collar and in extra innings he can't run out a ground ball??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with the premise that AGon is a quality player. It bothers some of us that losing does not upset him as much as it does US but we do not know how he feels inside. However, this team stinks. Stinks. AGon may be one of the few assets we have that packaged with a few other players might bring us something in return that would improve our team or reduce its stink. There is not a soul on the team that I would make untouchable in the quest to improve. Maybe Youk and AGon for one of the angels or phillies starters? Maybe Agon and three middle prospects brings us the same? Maybe AGon and Petey bring us a quality second baseman and a quality pitcher. Maybe AGon and Beckett and Buchholtz brings something worthwhile. We will not get better until we start to make moves. And where our on the field starters stink and are worthless bring up Lav and Iggy and a couple of outfielders. Those positions are being held by scrap heap players that have to date overachieved.
    Posted by teddybaseball009[/QUOTE]

I think some of what you say makes sense. I doubt that the Angels would trade us a starter in any package with AGon. They don't need him since they signed Pujols. I also don't think any team is going to want Youk at this point in his career. I do like the idea of bringing up some the minor leaguers and giving them a chance.  It's worth a try, things can't get any worse than they are now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

AGon can hit. I think we all know that. He seems to be feeling the pressure. When you let the pressure get to you , you tend to choke. That last at bat was a choke.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]AGon can hit. I think we all know that. He seems to be feeling the pressure. When you let the pressure get to you , you tend to choke. That last at bat was a choke.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

THERE IS NEVER ANY EXCUSE NOT TO HUSTLE - EVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IT DOESN'T TAKE ONE OUNCE OF TALENT TO BE ABLE TO HUSTLE - NOT A SINGLE OUNCE!!!!!!

GONZO - YOU ARE ONE STEP AWAY FROM MAKING MY LIST!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

The bullpen got destroyed by the Yankees last week and has been ungodly since.

I am hoping for today's 0 for 8 / K vs a 3B has a similar effect on Gonzalez...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]The bullpen got destroyed by the Yankees last week and has been ungodly since. I am hoping for today's 0 for 8 / K vs a 3B has a similar effect on Gonzalez...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

Probably won't. He had already promised after another bad game that it wouldn't happen again. So much for his word.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]AGon can hit. I think we all know that. He seems to be feeling the pressure. When you let the pressure get to you , you tend to choke. That last at bat was a choke.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

If he is choking from the pressure now, what will happen if/when we make the playoffs. The pressure now is nothing compared to that of the playoffs. If you are correct (and I hope that you aren't) then Boston is not the place for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

In response to "Re: To those who don't want A-Gon": [QUOTE]I support AGon, I made a post of my opinions of him. If you want to prove your point, and try twisting my support into some sort of negative smack on AGon than please provide exact stats of how many games Ortiz batted immediately after AGon this year.  Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] Apologies. I wasn't trying to twist you into being anti-AGon, I just disagree with your diagnosis and was trying to show why. He had a good year last year and has been in a bit of a slump, nothing else involved IMHO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : If he is choking from the pressure now, what will happen if/when we make the playoffs. The pressure now is nothing compared to that of the playoffs. If you are correct (and I hope that you aren't) then Boston is not the place for him.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

You are so cute.  :)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: To those who don't want A-Gon": Apologies. I wasn't trying to twist you into being anti-AGon, I just disagree with your diagnosis and was trying to show why. He had a good year last year and has been in a bit of a slump, nothing else involved IMHO.
    Posted by 111SoxFan111[/QUOTE]

The 2nd half of 2011 was good but not of a "left handed Manny Rameriz"

And this year he's been stinking up the joint....Long time to go yes but also a lot to prove still too.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : You are so cute.  :)
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]

As are you

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: To those who don't want A-Gon": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : If he is choking from the pressure now, what will happen if/when we make the playoffs. The pressure now is nothing compared to that of the playoffs. If you are correct (and I hope that you aren't) then Boston is not the place for him. Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE] Thats been my concern from the beginning. He is just not handling it well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

:)  what I meant is the Sox have no chance of making the playoffs so the fragile mind of young Adrian Gonzalez can sleep well at night knowing there won't be any pressure on him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]:)  what I meant is the Sox have no chance of making the playoffs so the fragile mind of young Adrian Gonzalez can sleep well at night knowing there won't be any pressure on him

I understand your point. I just don't want to give up on the Sox chances of making the playoffs. At least not yet.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : I understand your point. I just don't want to give up on the Sox chances of making the playoffs. At least not yet.

I wish you the best but I can tell you with 99% certainty that they have no chance.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: To those who don't want A-Gon": Thats been my concern from the beginning. He is just not handling it well.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    Absolutely. AGon played very well for San Diego but that was a far cry from playing in Boston. Add in the big contract he signed, and the pressure is on for him to produce.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : Absolutely. AGon played very well for San Diego but that was a far cry from playing in Boston. Add in the big contract he signed, and the pressure is on for him to produce.

I don't understand the talk of pressure because he has a big contract.

Where I come from the only pressure is to put food on the table every day.  He already has that figured out for the next 10 million years!!!!!!! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : I don't understand the talk of pressure because he has a big contract. Where I come from the only pressure is to put food on the table every day.  He already has that figured out for the next 10 million years!!!!!!! 
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]So what's your cute nickname for Gonzo? Nancy and Crawful are already taken. I swear you remind me of a guy who used to sit behind me at Quincy Middle School.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: To those who don't want A-Gon : I don't understand the talk of pressure because he has a big contract. Where I come from the only pressure is to put food on the table every day.  He already has that figured out for the next 10 million years!!!!!!! 

You are right about him not worrying about anything financially! I would think that  athletes that have any sense of pride would feel pressure to perform after they sign these ridiculous contracts. There is no athlete in any sport that actually is worth 20 million dollars or more per season.

Sections
Shortcuts