Today is Sunday morning, May 12. Do you know what team occupies 1st place in the ALE?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Re: Today is Sunday morning, May 12. Do you know what team occupies 1st place in the ALE?

In response to softlaw2's comment:

My focus is on how the team does over the long term and where they are on Sunday morning at the end of September. I"ve been impressed by Manager John, but not by the roster construction.

I took note that you think the Sox will be in last place come September.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Today is Sunday morning, May 12. Do you know what team occupies 1st place in the ALE?

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Good evening my good Red Sox friends on this forum. I hope you are enjoying Mother's Day.

The Yankees win. The Yankees win.

My Yankees are now two games ahead of your Red Sox and three games ahead in the all important loss column.

Feel free to press the button. It's time!

panic-button.jpg

Frank,

"Your Yankees" are not exclusively deeded to you.

Please cool it and let the season play itself out.

If you feel  the need to gloat lock yourself in your bedroom and spin around the middle of the floor like Homer.

After that come out acting humble.

There is nothing more repugnant than one fan fan rubbing it in the face of another.

We're only about 1/4 of the way through the season.

Two things you should consider:

1) There is only one team standing at season's end.

2) Never say what you can't take back.

Read #2 Frank

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Many baseball experts from ESPN, FOX and MLB picked the Blue Jays, O's and Rays to be better than the Red Sox and Yankees.  

So far, they are wrong!!!   LOL

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

Many baseball experts from ESPN, FOX and MLB picked the Blue Jays, O's and Rays to be better than the Red Sox and Yankees.  

"So far the leap from the 26th floor doesn't hurt a bit; hope it won't hurt when I land"

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

"So far the leap from the 26th floor doesn't hurt a bit; hope it won't hurt when I land"

It's always too soon to call them winners, but never too early to call them losers.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Maybe your thread won't be a running joke all summer.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well..it can't be the Red Sox because their season has been declared over at least a half dozen times in this forum..lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

It's always too soon to call them winners, but never too early to call them losers.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Maybe your thread won't be a running joke all summer.

The best running jokes in this forum are written by you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

It has been forever since I've posted here. There were too many ignorant posters like the Frank from GL idiot to deal with. Plus, this site is one of the slowest I ever have to deal with. However, I had to bump this thread as it just demonstrates how ignorant it is to brag BEFORE you've accomplished anything (This could be a NY thing, re:Rex Ryan). Slightly over a month after this post and at the moment the NYY are in third while the Sox continue their tenuous hold on first. Now the last thing I would do is throw that in an opposing fan's face. At this point in time it means nothing, except that us Boton fans so far are really enjoying the season. Guys like Frank from GL should crawl back under the rock they crawled out of. Actually I haven't seen this big mouth ignoramus for a while here, nor any other big mouth Yankee trolls. Isn't that nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

So far, but the O's are nipping at our heels.  Poor jays, they have a hard time getting out of the basement. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

How the mighty have fallen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

From Mother's Day to Father's Day....

The Red Sox top the American League.

NYY crashing and burning into 3rd and most likely 4th soon.

Youk back to the DL. (big surprise there)

Teixeria batting .151 with more wrist issues.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to crix's comment:

It took Ortiz a whole year to recover from his wrist issues. Although I know he had surgery, but Teix might end up there too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

It took Ortiz a whole year to recover from his wrist issues. Although I know he had surgery, but Teix might end up there too.

i think you could see that one coming, mostly because it seemed like he labored just to get to the "baseball activities" part of the rehab..if you're not already 100% healthy, the somewhat violent motion of swinging a bat will surely test that..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to capecodwilly's comment:

It has been forever since I've posted here. There were too many ignorant posters like the Frank from GL idiot to deal with. Plus, this site is one of the slowest I ever have to deal with. However, I had to bump this thread as it just demonstrates how ignorant it is to brag BEFORE you've accomplished anything (This could be a NY thing, re:Rex Ryan). Slightly over a month after this post and at the moment the NYY are in third while the Sox continue their tenuous hold on first. Now the last thing I would do is throw that in an opposing fan's face. At this point in time it means nothing, except that us Boton fans so far are really enjoying the season. Guys like Frank from GL should crawl back under the rock they crawled out of. Actually I haven't seen this big mouth ignoramus for a while here, nor any other big mouth Yankee trolls. Isn't that nice.

as is his m.o.  i doubt you'll get a response...well a fact-based one at least..  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

All of us were  skeptical that he would be able to overcome this injury by just resting for such a short period considering the injury itself.

And in the case of Tex not being an MD myself but I suspect being a switchhitter also adds much more stress to the injured wrist.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Playing with injuries is part of the game, that the Yankees have managed to remain this close with the ragtag offense they have is pretty amazing.

But honestly I would rather them finish in last place this season than to see Alex Rodriquez in a Yankee uniform at 3rd base.

I don't what the time table is, when MLB will lower the hammer on those implicated in the steroid mill out of Miami. I suspect that they want more than just the testimony of Bosch the slime bag who ran the clinic. Delivery records, emails etc.. to bolster their case.

Also would seem likely that the customers paid cash to eliminate a paper trail.

Not to mention the idea that in the case of Rodriquez MLB will be going after a player with very very deep pockets, resources to defend himself against any and all charges.

If they go after him I hope their case is rock solid.

There is still another half of a season to play Granderson, Jeter, Nunez, Cervelli if not implicated will all be returning shortly. Pineda has been impressive and is on the clock.

Buchholz likely onto the DL. Not a question of will there be new injuries, but when? And to every team. Which team going forward will be more adversely affected in 2013 is unknowable. 

Also the trade deadline coming up, still too early in my book to write any team in the ALE off.

Why they play the games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

ThatWasMe said, "Playing with injuries is part of the game, that the Yankees have managed to remain this close with the ragtag offense they have is pretty amazing."

I agree. They are on a bit of a spiral at the moment, however. Whether that will continue or not, who knows, but like the Sox they've done much better than expected and proven many of the pundits wrong. No matter, the LAST thing I would do is to start bragging about where we are vs them. Or I, too, could end up, just like Frank from GL, seeing a reversal of team fortune and looking like a pathetic, moronic,  braggart.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

ThatWasMe said, "Playing with injuries is part of the game, that the Yankees have managed to remain this close with the ragtag offense they have is pretty amazing."

I agree. They are on a bit of a spiral at the moment, however. Whether that will continue or not, who knows, but like the Sox they've done much better than expected and proven many of the pundits wrong. No matter, the LAST thing I would do is to start bragging about where we are vs them. Or I, too, could end up, just like Frank from GL, seeing a reversal of team fortune and looking like a pathetic, moronic,  braggart.

Agreed, but consider the source. The NYY team on the field right now is playing to the back of their baseball card; in many cases, a declining one via the calendar, and in Teix's case, an accelerated calendar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from capecodwilly. Show capecodwilly's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

Agreed, but consider the source. The NYY team on the field right now is playing to the back of their baseball card; in many cases, a declining one via the calendar, and in Teix's case, an accelerated calendar.

I'd be surprised if they can continue to stay near the top of the division, but I'm not really ready to count them out yet. Although I must admit I'm very happy that Teix is in pinstripes (Arod, too).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

I'd be surprised if they can continue to stay near the top of the division, but I'm not really ready to count them out yet. Although I must admit I'm very happy that Teix is in pinstripes (Arod, too).

Neither Tex or Arod have lived up to the big contracts.

Yankees need to start looking forward for a young replacement for Tex to platoon, if he is out there. Tex has not hit right handers since coming to the Bronx. Has provided a great glove though.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

1. It's June 16

2. The Boston Red Sox

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Today is Sunday evening, June 16th. Do you know what team occupies 1st place in the ALE?

no Frank, we have no clue Sealed

Sections
Shortcuts