Today's lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Today's lineup

This has got to be the worst lineup the Sox have ever put out there.  DSuck moves up to number 2 based on his great performances.  Tek hitting 5th.  No Youk or Papi.  Chalk up another giveaway loss.  Why not just bring up a AAA pitcher while we're at it?  Save Lester for a game Sox can win.  Its like they're trying to lose.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NUSoxFan. Show NUSoxFan's posts

Re: Today's lineup

With all this negativity: Watch this be the game we win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

I hope they can pull one out of their hat but it doesn't look good.  I'd much rather see Salty in there hitting 5th than Tek.  Tek just caught on Tuesday.  Salty can't catch two in a row?  They really need to get out of the NL parks and get Crawford and Papi back in there and then get a RH bat to play RF.  And hope that Lowrie (brittle as he is) come back.  I've never seen anyone more injury prone than him.  He makes Drew look like an ironman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

It would have been nice if you showed us the line-up...anyways, here it is:

RED SOX (45-34)
    Jacoby Ellsbury CF
    Darnell McDonald RF
    Adrian Gonzalez 1B
    Dustin Pedroia 2B
    Jason Varitek C
    Josh Reddick LF
    Drew Sutton 3B
    Marco Scutaro SS
    Jon Lester LHP (9-4, 3.66)

Maybe Youk is sitting today because he did take a foul off his foot last night and might need a day to get it to settle down. Let's hope there's nothing serious here.

With Youk out the complaint is that McDonald is batting 2nd?? I guess the complainer would rather he bat clean-up and leave Pedey batting 2nd. Maybe Sutton should bat 4th??

Day game after night game usually calls for catchers to be alternated.

Can we please stop with the whining???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

WHITE FLAG!  WHITE FLAG!  Even if we win it will be defying the odds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

going into this road trip I figured we take the series in Pitt, win or lose the series in Philly, and take the series in Houston. Wow was I wrong.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Today's lineup:
    [QUOTE]It would have been nice if you showed us the line-up...anyways, here it is: RED SOX (45-34) Jacoby Ellsbury CF Darnell McDonald RF Adrian Gonzalez 1B Dustin Pedroia 2B Jason Varitek C Josh Reddick LF Drew Sutton 3B Marco Scutaro SS Jon Lester LHP (9-4, 3.66) Maybe Youk is sitting today because he did take a foul off his foot last night and might need a day to get it to settle down. Let's hope there's nothing serious here. With Youk out the complaint is that McDonald is batting 2nd?? I guess the complainer would rather he bat clean-up and leave Pedey batting 2nd. Maybe Sutton should bat 4th?? Day game after night game usually calls for catchers to be alternated. Can we please stop with the whining???
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

Soxdog - Agree mostly with your comments. Youk is out with a sore foot. What I don't buy is the day game after the night game with Salty. He's 26, has only played 3 games in the last week, and he's 3 for 6 with 1 HR in his career against Hamels. I would guess he's in good enough shape to play again today.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

I agree this lineup is probably the weakest we have put out this year, but with the injuries and the horrible bench we are carrying....there isnt much choice. That said....the Phillies are horrible hitting versus Lefties.....we need Lester to pitch a Gem and hope that we can score a couple of runs versus Hamels.....even with this lineup we still have a few  guys who can make an impact(Agon, Pedroia)...I will be optimistic, because why be anything else

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

In Response to Re: Today's lineup: Ok, I'll stop whining about the lineup and be positive.  What a great lineup!  Sox should win easily today with that juggernaut.  McDonald and his .125 average is AWESOME!  He should be playing more and hitting cleanup.  Youk has a sore foot?  Too bad.  Guess Cal Ripken never played with a sore foot.
    [QUOTE]It would have been nice if you showed us the line-up...anyways, here it is: RED SOX (45-34) Jacoby Ellsbury CF Darnell McDonald RF Adrian Gonzalez 1B Dustin Pedroia 2B Jason Varitek C Josh Reddick LF Drew Sutton 3B Marco Scutaro SS Jon Lester LHP (9-4, 3.66) Maybe Youk is sitting today because he did take a foul off his foot last night and might need a day to get it to settle down. Let's hope there's nothing serious here. With Youk out the complaint is that McDonald is batting 2nd?? I guess the complainer would rather he bat clean-up and leave Pedey batting 2nd. Maybe Sutton should bat 4th?? Day game after night game usually calls for catchers to be alternated. Can we please stop with the whining???
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Sox have beaten up on N.L. teams the past few years. We cannot cry now about about interleague road trips. The fact is this team is simply not hitting. We have no more injuries than any other team. It is high time for these guys to start producing something in line with their reputations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

surely  we could sit Els and play Cam in Center ??

I agree with Salty  playing today -  He's  26  not  36.. and should go back to back..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnnyboy9. Show johnnyboy9's posts

Philly is 32-13 at home and 19-17 on the road. shocking differences and how about that scheduling?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

let the post-Cameron era begin!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Good old DSuck hits into a DP in the first.  Incredible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I can't believe JD Drew is still that dinged-up that he can't play in place of D. MacDonald (BA .118) today. I just hope it doesn't have anything to do with Phillie fans still hating him so much that he rather not suck it up and play this series.

On a brighter note, R. Kalish better get healthy quick because J. Reddick is slowly overtaking him as the Sox best OF prospect right now! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

What I don't buy is the day game after the night game with Salty. He's 26, has only played 3 games in the last week, and he's 3 for 6 with 1 HR in his career against Hamels. I would guess he's in good enough shape to play again today.

Hamels is a lefty.

Salty has traditionally done very poorly vs LHPs.

Before this season, VTek has tradionally been much better vs LHPs than RHPs.

The splits vs LHPs:
              2011   2010  2009  Career
    VTek  .657   .868    .807   .825
    Salty .655   .654    .657   .601

I know it's hard to think of VTek as an offensive upgrade over anyone, but the fact is, it was the right choice by Tito.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]What I don't buy is the day game after the night game with Salty. He's 26, has only played 3 games in the last week, and he's 3 for 6 with 1 HR in his career against Hamels. I would guess he's in good enough shape to play again today. Hamels is a lefty. Salty has traditionally done very poorly vs LHPs. Before this season, VTek has tradionally been much better vs LHPs than RHPs. The splits vs LHPs:           2011   2010  2009  Career VTek  .657   .868    .807   .825 Salty .655   .654    .657   .601
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

I'll answer for Harness.  I think Tek is in there to help Lester get back his mojo.  So far, so good.

Against lefties, Tek and Salty have OPS's about 10 points apart, but Salty has actually hit Hamels and Tek has not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Look beyond just the 2 month sample size of 2011. VTek has been much better vs LHPs.

Lester with...
    (2011)
    Salty  3.69 (90.1 IP)
    VTek  3.46 (13.0) Not much differential in liited innings.
    (2010)
    Salty n/a
    VTek  1.88 (38.1)
    Cash  3.38 (26.2)
    VMart 3.64 (136)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So, Vtek hits 2 HRs vs the righty relievers.

Whodathunkit?

VTek's OPS is now up to .752!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Well, you have to give splendidspitter credit for going out on a limb before the game.  Bravo.  Dead wrong, of course, but bravo. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Dead right.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

In Response to Today's lineup:
    [QUOTE]This has got to be the worst lineup the Sox have ever put out there.  DSuck moves up to number 2 based on his great performances.  Tek hitting 5th.  No Youk or Papi.  Chalk up another giveaway loss.  Why not just bring up a AAA pitcher while we're at it?  Save Lester for a game Sox can win.  Its like they're trying to lose.
    Posted by splendidsplinterteddyballgame[/QUOTE]

Scutaro went 2 for 4. 
    Sutton 2 for 4. 
    Reddick 2 for 4. 
    Tek 2 for 4 with 2 home runs. 
    Lol. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

[QUOTE]going into this road trip I figured we take the series in Pitt, win or lose the series in Philly, and take the series in Houston. Wow was I wrong.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Wow. What a surprise! When are you ever right? Do you now salute a white flag?