1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Tom Warner on little bobby v returning as mngr in 2013?

WHY NOT JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION HONESTLY?  WE ALL KNOW HE ISN'T COMING BACK, NOR SHOULD HE!!!  JUST CUT TIES NOW!!!!  TONIGHT!!!!

Red Sox chairman Tom Werner, in an interview with the Boston Globe, took stock of the disappointments of the 2012 (and, indeed, 2010-12) Red Sox. While he addressed numerous topics, Werner declined to address whether the team wanted to retain manager Bobby Valentine in 2013, the second season of his two-year contract signed last December.

“I don’t really want to get into that today,” Werner told the Globe when asked of ownership's evaluation of the manager. “I don’t want to talk too much about him. But he’s had a challenging year. I think, as we’ve said before, he’s doing a good job.”

Asked if Valentine would return in 2013, Werner did not offer a direct response.

“I don’t really want to go there,” Werner said. “I think we all thought we’d bounce back more this year.”

By contrast, Werner offered praise for GM Ben Cherington and suggested that he will head the Sox' baseball operations department into the future.

But Werner was expansive in his praise for general manager Ben Cherington, who replaced Theo Epstein 10 months ago.

“Ben is methodical, he’s thoughtful. He’s a good manager, he’s a good leader,” said Werner. “We give him high marks in how he’s dealt with the challenges this season, and he’s going to be with us for a long time.”

For complete Red Sox coverage, visit weei.com/redsox.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Tom Warner on little bobby v returning as mngr in 2013?

Yes, he's doing a fantastic job. LOL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from walterjohnson07. Show walterjohnson07's posts

I have never thought Valentine was the right fit for this team - never.  That became evident quickly (see Pedroia, Youk, etc.).  However I'm waiting for Lucchino to accept responsibility for Valentine's hiring.  That may not happen - looks like Warner is taking the bullets. 

Just keep losing...retaining Valentine will become indefensible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We qualify for the #9 pick right now.  We've only had one top-10 pick in the last 45 years, so we have to give Valentine credit for that, right?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

it's the best managing job I've ever seen by a Sox manager. He not only helped the Sox rid themselves of Beckett, Gonzalez, Crawford, Shoppach, Youkilis, but he made absolutely sure that the Sox will have no free agents of worth sign here for years to come. It's Pawston. Get used to Pawston. Fans will not come, Ray, oh no, sir, they will not come.

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts