Tongue in cheek

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Tongue in cheek

I have issued this notion before, in qualified terms.

It's all about me, and I apologize to you all.

The Red Sox outstanding fall from grace is due to my viewing so many games.

Now, Moon has claimed a higher failure rate, but I have no way to verify that.

Here are the points in my presentation.

Until this last season, I rarely got to see the Red Sox play.  Maybe as little as 10 or 12 games a season, all on tv. 

It seemed to me, that while the Sox were playing high calibre ball in each of those seasons, they lost well over 50% of the games I watched.

This last season, thanks to VIP BOX TV, I watched more games than ever before.  Maybe as many as 40 or 45 games.

Thus, the jinx of my viewing games was multiplied by as much as 400%.  It was only natural that the Sox would lose a truly significant number of more games.

I offer this as an option since there are so many who have declined to allow for injury and other reasons ...

Sorta makes as much sense as those wise folks who have marvelled at the mathematical and astrological genius of the Maya ... and have thought that somehow gave credence to us being obliterated yesterday.

Remember, the Maya never knew of Bobby Valentine ...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Tongue in cheek

Now for the gooood news.......  a little more than 60 + days for spring training !!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Ben Cheringtom's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now for the gooood news.......  a little more than 60 + days for spring training !!!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  Jan, Feb, & balance of Dec.  ===== ????

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to SinceYaz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Until this last season, I rarely got to see the Red Sox play.  Maybe as little as 10 or 12 games a season, all on tv. 

It seemed to me, that while the Sox were playing high calibre ball in each of those seasons, they lost well over 50% of the games I watched.

This last season, thanks to VIP BOX TV, I watched more games than ever before.  Maybe as many as 40 or 45 games.

Thus, the jinx of my viewing games was multiplied by as much as 400%.  It was only natural that the Sox would lose a truly significant number of more games.

I offer this as an option since there are so many who have declined to allow for injury and other reasons ...

Sorta makes as much sense as those wise folks who have marvelled at the mathematical and astrological genius of the Maya ... and have thought that somehow gave credence to us being obliterated yesterday.

[/QUOTE]

Your theory may have merit SY, but I would argue that the poor year this year had more to do with me being able to see more games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your theory may have merit SY, but I would argue that the poor year this year had more to do with me being able to see more games.

[/QUOTE]

LOL  Carnie, between you and me, maybe we oughta justr watch re-runs and hoghlights on ESPN ... the Sox would be playing for the WS crown EASY

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Happy holidays Yaz!

I think it had more to do with a crappy team chemistry and injuries than you or carnie watching.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More like tongue in butt-cheek.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. That was almost funny. Not.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Happy holidays Yaz!

I think it had more to do with a crappy team chemistry and injuries than you or carnie watching.

[/QUOTE]

Happy Holidays, indeed, friend!

Thanks for clearing the air.  I sure would hate to miss watching the team.   :o)

Aside from all the drama, I am excited about the new season.  I just can't help it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Softlaw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More like tongue in butt-cheek.

[/QUOTE]

Wow. That was almost funny. Not.

[/QUOTE]

Possibly, unlike usual, he speaks of what of that which he knows.

Carnie, Southie got us off the hook.  Terrific to have friends like that!!!!