Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

8/31  !!!     What say you, all you baseball minds ???????

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

has tonights lineup been announced?  is the kid playing?

Bill....X-Man could go 5 for 5 with 5 430' HR's and drew will still be on the team 01-Oct.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

In response to southpaw777's comment:

I say this is a foolish post and releasing Drew would never happen for multiple reasons.

Not that far fetched ..........  Drew will not be here next year......  What if we could get another bat/arm for him now ?????   Interesting, for sure !!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Only 5 players in MLB history homered twice in their MLB debut.

Only one player in MLB history has homered twice and had 4 hits in his MLB debut. (J.P. Arencibia)

I'll take the under.

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

At this point, moving Drew will be the stupidest thing they can do.  He's going to play October ball with the Red Sox.  When will you grow up Bill... Will you ever?

Grow up ?????    Nevaa,  what for it's baseball !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

I say this is a foolish post and releasing Drew would never happen for multiple reasons.

Not that far fetched ..........  Drew will not be here next year......  What if we could get another bat/arm for him now ?????   Interesting, for sure !!

[/QUOTE]

Good idea!!

The Sox should move him for a stretch run hitter capable of hitting .280 / .360 / .450 since July 1.

One name that leaps to mind is Stephen Drew...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not happening Bill. I would say 100% not happening and yes, it is very far fetched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Bogaerts going 4-for-5 with 2 HR's would be awesome. It's also not going to happen. He is the most exciting prospect we've had in some time, but at his very young age some struggles are to be expected (if you don't think this is true even for elite prospects, look at Mike Trout's numbers during his first call-up in 2011 or Profar's this year), and the last thing we need to do is start building up ridiculous and impossible expectations that he's going to come up and immediately hit like Miguel Cabrera.

I commend your enthusiasm for our young players, Bill -- seriously -- but this is a dumb thread.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

LOL bill, you sure do like to stir the pot!  With your sense of humor I think you do it to see who will biteWink

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

Bill is a passive/aggressive. He thrives on posters insulting him.

Maybe even a masochist.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

My prediction is if Bogaerts has meh first week, Bill starts a campaign to dump him and call up the REAL future in Cecchini...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

LOL bill, you sure do like to stir the pot!  With your sense of humor I think you do it to see who will biteWink

Truth be known.......   BDC likes my threads   !!!!   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Bill,

I respect that you are a big proponent of giving the young talent a shot....always an exciting thing for any fan, but you need to give Drew a break.....he is hitting .324 in the 18 game sin August, even better versus RHP....we cannot and should not expect to get that type of production from a 20 year old rookie.....not fair to Xander. That said, we all know Drew has struggled mightily vs LHP, so having Xander play SS vs Lefties to see if he produces is the way to go.....tonight he gets a RHP, so even this shouldnt be a good test.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

Bill,

I respect that you are a big proponent of giving the young talent a shot....always an exciting thing for any fan, but you need to give Drew a break.....he is hitting .324 in the 18 game sin August, even better versus RHP....we cannot and should not expect to get that type of production from a 20 year old rookie.....not fair to Xander. That said, we all know Drew has struggled mightily vs LHP, so having Xander play SS vs Lefties to see if he produces is the way to go.....tonight he gets a RHP, so even this shouldnt be a good test.  

Your right ...........  But baseball is tradition, and in the spring " a yong mans fancy turns to baseball" and the dream continues !! ......  Look at all the young players that year after year wins our hearts & minds !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to tomnev's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bill,

Your right ...........  But baseball is tradition, and in the spring " a yong mans fancy turns to baseball" and the dream continues !! ......  Look at all the young players that year after year wins our hearts & minds !!!!

[/QUOTE]

So young men that play baseball captures your heart??  ...........awkwarrrrrrrd..........

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

0 for 1.....   nice curse Bill.  LoL!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say ............   "SON, I think that you jinxed the kid last night"   !!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Bogaerts has a BABIP of .00000 so he is obviously just getting unlucky. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

If anyone Jinxed him Bill it was you, seriously start Bashing Bogaerts and he will probably start Bashing.   Seriously, let out the hate....the team needs ya buddy. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Not impressed with him guys. Not because he didnt get a hit, but because I dont like his stance up there, and am not crazy about his swing. He doesnt look like a hitter up there, looks like you could knock the bat out of his hands. When he stepped in I was like "this is him? this is the guy? Hmmmm." Its only one game, I may be wrong, probably am, but I was not encouraged by what I saw in his overall approach at the plate. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Not impressed with him guys. Not because he didnt get a hit, but because I dont like his stance up there, and am not crazy about his swing. He doesnt look like a hitter up there, looks like you could knock the bat out of his hands. When he stepped in I was like "this is him? this is the guy? Hmmmm." Its only one game, I may be wrong, probably am, but I was not encouraged by what I saw in his overall approach at the plate. 

Really???? I thought he looked great at the plate.  Even though the results didn't show, he seemd very relaxed and comfortable.  He didn't really chase any bad pitches and his swing looked very smooth and balanced. 

Sections
Shortcuts