Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Not impressed with him guys. Not because he didnt get a hit, but because I dont like his stance up there, and am not crazy about his swing. He doesnt look like a hitter up there, looks like you could knock the bat out of his hands. When he stepped in I was like "this is him? this is the guy? Hmmmm." Its only one game, I may be wrong, probably am, but I was not encouraged by what I saw in his overall approach at the plate. 

I think you're wrong; but he may go thru a "JBJ" type growing pain; then again, maybe not. But most likely in a year or two, watch out. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Tonight, Bogaerts goes 4 for 5 with 2 H R's, Drew will be gone by ..............

Based on the scouting reports and rankings, the Red Sox most likley will have a productive player in Xander Bogaerts.

But no player is a can't-miss prospect.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

8/31  !!!     What say you, all you baseball minds ???????

Bill-806 Please, its time for you to retire, baby step for bogaerts

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

Whatever you're smoking, I'll have some.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to devildavid's comment:

[QUOTE]

Whatever you're smoking, I'll have some.

[/QUOTE]

Bill never brings enough for the rest of the group.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

Wrong as usual... not a good decision to play Bogaerts last night against the lefty...the whole lineup was a joke....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not impressed with him guys. Not because he didnt get a hit, but because I dont like his stance up there, and am not crazy about his swing. He doesnt look like a hitter up there, looks like you could knock the bat out of his hands. When he stepped in I was like "this is him? this is the guy? Hmmmm." Its only one game, I may be wrong, probably am, but I was not encouraged by what I saw in his overall approach at the plate. 

I think you're wrong; but he may go thru a "JBJ" type growing pain; then again, maybe not. But most likely in a year or two, watch out. 

[/QUOTE]

Hope springs eternal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

No.  Just, no. 

He's got a great glove, but people need to stop referring to him as the next Great Thing.  He was clearly overmatched at the plate last night, and now isn't the time to test his mettle in a pennant race. Made a great play on Scutaro's ball and saved a run...Drew might not have done that.

But he had two chances last night with risp, and he looked really, really bad.  I get that the Sox' offense was inept, but take it as it lies...we've already got 8 guys who cannot hit when it counts.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

i saw both play Double AA, Bradley last year, Bogaerts this year. I'm taking Bogaerts. Kid has potential for 30-40 HRS a year. Bradley will never hit like this. In fact I think he will struggle his 1st full season in  the Majors. Which is why I want to resign Jacoby. Saw him play too, Double AA, another reason I want Jacoby back.
    Bogaerts is 20 years old, lets reflect when he hits 23, like Bradley.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

i saw noth play Double AA, Bradley last year, Bogaerts this year. I'm taking Bogaerts. Kid has potential for 30-40 HRS a year. Bradley will never hit like this. In fact I think he will struggle his 1st full season in  the Majors. Which is why I want to resign Jacoby. Saw him play too, Double AA, another reason I want Jacoby back.

I used to be a big double a fan when the sox were in New Britian.  Double A ball is good but there is a big difference between the 2.  Saw players like Wayne Housie and Kevin Morton who dominated double A but had problems in Triple A.

JBJ plays  all three positions in the outfield as good as anyone doing it at Fenway.  And he has an arm like a cannon. Boggie is not even close to being the ss that iggy is.

I doubt this will be much of a surprise to anyone...few if any are Iggy's match in terms of fielding at SS. Xander is a phenom not because of his glove (though he may be a decent fielder, I haven't seen him enough yet to really judge) but because he can rake.

Nothing is ever 100% with prospects, but the entire baseball world seems to share the opinion that this kid is something special.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

i saw noth play Double AA, Bradley last year, Bogaerts this year. I'm taking Bogaerts. Kid has potential for 30-40 HRS a year. Bradley will never hit like this. In fact I think he will struggle his 1st full season in  the Majors. Which is why I want to resign Jacoby. Saw him play too, Double AA, another reason I want Jacoby back.

I used to be a big double a fan when the sox were in New Britian.  Double A ball is good but there is a big difference between the 2.  Saw players like Wayne Housie and Kevin Morton who dominated double A but had problems in Triple A.

JBJ plays  all three positions in the outfield as good as anyone doing it at Fenway.  And he has an arm like a cannon. Boggie is not even close to being the ss that iggy is.

I doubt this will be much of a surprise to anyone...few if any are Iggy's match in terms of fielding at SS. Xander is a phenom not because of his glove (though he may be a decent fielder, I haven't seen him enough yet to really judge) but because he can rake.

Nothing is ever 100% with prospects, but the entire baseball world seems to share the opinion that this kid is something special.

Big game today, for sure !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

No doubt, Bill, no doubt.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Bogaerts is pretty close to a sure thing, but right now he lacks experience.  Last night was a lot more predictable than 4 for 5.  Bogaerts ain't here because the FO expects him to light a fire.  He is here because, even at 20 he is the best righty bat available other than via trade.  

One thing we can agree on is it's fun to see him play.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Bogaerts is pretty close to a sure thing, but right now he lacks experience.  Last night was a lot more predictable than 4 for 5.  Bogaerts ain't here because the FO expects him to light a fire.  He is here because, even at 20 he is the best righty bat available other than via trade.  

One thing we can agree on is it's fun to see him play.

I like the young kids at this level and I like what farrell is doing with moving Middy over to second.

Glad to see Pedroia getting a rest.........  Middy at 2nd looks a little strange ....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

Based on the scouting reports and rankings, the Red Sox most likley will have a productive player in Xander Bogaerts.

But no player is a can't-miss prospect.

With Bill and ADG guaranteeing greatness, I just got rid of his rookie card.  The scouts love him, but the chances of Bill and ADG both being right at the same time are astronomical.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

At least BILL is not saying Boggy is the "next Nomar".

I'm still waiting on the "next Carlton" to become the next Bob Montgomery.

Sox4ever

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to soups' comment:

No.  Just, no. 

He's got a great glove, but people need to stop referring to him as the next Great Thing.  He was clearly overmatched at the plate last night, and now isn't the time to test his mettle in a pennant race. Made a great play on Scutaro's ball and saved a run...Drew might not have done that.

But he had two chances last night with risp, and he looked really, really bad.  I get that the Sox' offense was inept, but take it as it lies...we've already got 8 guys who cannot hit when it counts.

Yeah, I know these guys have considerations that I am not aware of, but I din't quite get why they started Bogaerts v a righty.  LAD has Ryu and Capuano going Sat/Sunday, so it's not like he'd be waiting forever to get in a game.

Sections
Shortcuts