Tonight's Game 4 Lineup - Agree? Disagree?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Tonight's Game 4 Lineup - Agree? Disagree?

Other than the places in the order, tonight's lineup is very clear cut:

Ellsbury     CF

Victornia    RF

Pedroia      2B

Ortiz          1B

Nava         LF

Bogaerts   3B

Ross          C

Drew        SS

Buchholz   P

Hard to keep two guys in the lineup batting .000 in the WS, but I'm guessing this is what Farrell does.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Tonight's Game 4 Lineup - Agree? Disagree?

No way Drew plays. With this lack of hitting Drew's non hitting stricks out like a sore thumb.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I agree with it.  If we had anyone to back up Drew he'd be benched.  But what does Middlebrooks give you that Drew doesn't?  Nadda.  I can't believe people thought he could replace Youk's bat in the line up.  And this goes back to Theo's mess.  Had he not been obsessed w/ AGone, we would have kept Beltre....batting 5th and playing a flawless 3b......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd bet real money that that is the lineup.  The only thing I would consider is moving Bogaerts up to the 2-hole.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree with it.  If we had anyone to back up Drew he'd be benched.  But what does Middlebrooks give you that Drew doesn't?  Nadda.  I can't believe people thought he could replace Youk's bat in the line up.  And this goes back to Theo's mess.  Had he not been obsessed w/ AGone, we would have kept Beltre....batting 5th and playing a flawless 3b......

[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a chance we were re-signing Beltre.  Theo saw the mistake the other GMs made by overlooking Beltre, got a great year and draft picks for him, but there was no chance he was going to go from paying $9M to paying $96M.

Past that, it was a mistake to think that Youk could be switched to 3B.  He was not athletic enough to make that switch at that age.  We should've gone after Headley instead of Gonzo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There wasn't a chance we were re-signing Beltre.  Theo saw the mistake the other GMs made by overlooking Beltre, got a great year and draft picks for him, but there was no chance he was going to go from paying $9M to paying $96M.

Past that, it was a mistake to think that Youk could be switched to 3B.  He was not athletic enough to make that switch at that age.  We should've gone after Headley instead of Gonzo.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, who needs another 300/367/30/100 guy w/ Gold Glove Defense and a play hard attitude anyways?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

joe this is not intended to be a shot at you....

Really? We're in the freakin world series only down 1 game with four to play and we're taking shots at the guys that got into this position? Come on guys many of you are talkin like it's over This is far from settled...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yup, who needs another 300/367/30/100 guy w/ Gold Glove Defense and a play hard attitude anyways?

[/QUOTE]

IRT Gonzo, we already had a 1B.  Great hitter and fielder, but just like Tex, not a perfect fit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really? We're in the freakin world series only down 1 game with four to play and we're taking shots at the guys that got into this position? Come on guys many of you are talkin like it's over This is far from settled...

[/QUOTE]

It's not over but we need to play clean ball.  Even if we lose tonight we still have Lester, then we go home w/ Lackey and then there's the "anything can happen G7 - at home"......Possibly w/ Lester closing it out......Man, then I would glad to call him a TRUE ACE!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's not over but we need to play clean ball.  Even if we lose tonight we still have Lester, then we go home w/ Lackey and then there's the "anything can happen G7 - at home"......Possibly w/ Lester closing it out......Man, then I would glad to call him a TRUE ACE!

[/QUOTE]

Win today and it's tied at 2 and we're garanteed a game 6 in Boston.

We've basically handed them the last two throwing the ball away and allowing the winning run to score in both games..It's not like they've bludgeoned us. They didn't and haven't beaten us we've beaten ourselves and have "lost" both games. If the Cardinals go on and win the Championship I will be just as disappointed as any ardent fan of the Boston Red Sox Baseball Club of the American League. Our boys won't quit and we fans shouldn't either...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Not resigning Beltre was a big mistake by the Red Sox.  He is still a terrific 3rd baseman and contributes offensively. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I have a question about Shane. Is he still unable to bat left handed or does he just prefer to bat right handed ? It has been quite a while now.  It was working for a while, but against the really tough righties, he looks over matched from the right side. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

In response to ADG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other than the places in the order, tonight's lineup is very clear cut:

Ellsbury     CF

Victornia    RF

Pedroia      2B

Ortiz          1B

Nava         LF

Bogaerts   3B

Ross          C

Drew        SS

Buchholz   P

Hard to keep two guys in the lineup batting .000 in the WS, but I'm guessing this is what Farrell does.

[/QUOTE]

I would prefer:

Ellsbury     CF

Victornio    RF

Ortiz          1B

Pedroia      2B

Nava         LF

Bogaerts   SS

Middlebrooks 3rd

Ross          C

Buchholz   P

That doesn't mean it's going to happen though. I like the right / left better at the front half of the lineup. Middlebrooks had a really bad game yesterday but he hasn't had a lot of opportunity to succeed yet and he is a better bet to hit in my opinion, especially with pop. Overall he hasn't been a bad fielder but he needs to play closer to 3rd in this stadium. If the ball gets behind him it is almost definitely a double or more. 

Farrell will almost definitely play Drew, and he at least has his head in the game, but his offense has been nothing short of abysmal. I don't know enough about Lynn's game to be able to project the best approach to the level of detail I would like. Given what I do know though, there is a decent chance still that Middlebrooks could run into one. He does have decent bat speed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have a question about Shane. Is he still unable to bat left handed or does he just prefer to bat right handed ? It has been quite a while now.  It was working for a while, but against the really tough righties, he looks over matched from the right side. 

[/QUOTE]

He batted from the left side, during the ALCS. He started batting only right handed because of his injury. Not sure if he went back to the right side, due to the injury or he was more comfortable and successful

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He batted from the left side, during the ALCS. He started batting only right handed because of his injury. Not sure if he went back to the right side, due to the injury or he was more comfortable and successful

[/QUOTE]

I know about the injury. I just think that if he is physically able to bat left handed, he should do it. These are not your average right hand pitchers. He does not look good against them. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe now

#RedSox: Ellsbury CF Victorino RF Pedroia 2B Ortiz 1B Nava LF Bogaerts 3B Drew SS Ross C Buchholz RHP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Who is Victornia?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottwad. Show scottwad's posts

[QUOTE]

I'd bet real money that that is the lineup.  The only thing I would consider is moving Bogaerts up to the 2-hole.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Bogaerts to #2 Vic  to #8. What about flipping Ortiz and Pedroia? Pedeys' Numbers batting cleanup are very good plus the protection for Ortiz. Drews' glove is important so try to hide him somewhere but not before the pitcher for two automatic outs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

3 auto outs 7-8-9.

I'd go with Salty at catcher batting 7th.

I'd stick with Drew, because Middy is a mess.

I doubt any of these changes changes the fact that we win by a blow-out tonight, so the line-up makes little difference.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He cant bat lefty. He tried and he must have had pain. Pitchers are figuring how to pitch to him righty.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Lineups are out, got it right though Drew and Ross are flip flopped.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Ken Rosenthal/FoxSports      

Victorino out, Gomes in. Nava in RF, Gomes in LF. Not sure of reason with Victorino

Sections
Shortcuts