Tonight's game - the most important of the year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

Tonight's game - the most important of the year!

IMO tonight's game is key.  Win with Lester and they stem the tide, hold off the Rays and advance to the postseason; lose and it will be an epic collapse.  Lester can do this; he has to as there is nobody else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

Re: Tonight's game - the most important of the year!

In Response to Tonight's game - the most important of the year!:
    [QUOTE]IMO tonight's game is key.  Win with Lester and they stem the tide, hold off the Rays and advance to the postseason; lose and it will be an epic collapse.  Lester can do this; he has to as there is nobody else.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Gametime is at 1:40 pm EST.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

"Tonight's game" starts at 1:40 pm EDT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's game - the most important of the year!:
    [QUOTE]"Tonight's game" starts at 1:40 pm EDT.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]
    Timing is everything!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's game - the most important of the year! : Timing is everything!!
    Posted by amishrockstar[/QUOTE]

Did you wind up your Amish clock this morning?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

[QUOTE]IMO tonight's game is key.  Win with Lester and they stem the tide, hold off the Rays and advance to the postseason; lose and it will be an epic collapse.  Lester can do this; he has to as there is nobody else.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Absolutely agree "frankn".  As one of many arm chair Managers, I don't like the lineup (again) that Francona is using.  Shields is tough, and I think I would want my best offense on the field today, that being:

Els - CF - Natural spot
    Scutoro - SS - Can work the count
    Gonzalez - 1B - Obvious
    Ortiz - DH - Good spot for Papi
    Pedroia - 2B - In for defense & hope he can crank one out
    Reddick - RF - Best option for RF
    Salty - C - Need his bat, arm, both much better than Tek
    Lowerie - 3B - No range, but you don't need much at 3B & better hitter
    Crawford - LF - Where he belongs based upon his season long slump

I'm assuming that all/most of the above are healthy enough to play in this must win for the Sox today/.

GO SOX DESPITE THEO AND FRANCONA!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

I don't usually like to over-emphasize one game, but in this case, I agree.  If we can't beat TB with Lester, we might have a problem.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from aussiewill. Show aussiewill's posts

Crucial game, two tough pitchers. Lester has been lights out lately. Big Game James earned the nickname. Is Crawford really batting ninth?  Wow , $20 million per year and he's batting ninth. Me thinks Tito isn't to thrilled with KKarl.

Sox win 2-1 in a thriller. Pedroia hits one out.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

we will win!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Myles-Standish. Show Myles-Standish's posts

[QUOTE]With a good pitcher your facing you better manufacture runs. Change your tactics, hit and run, bunt, steal. Dont be so predictable. Pinch hit in certain situations, Sox got Lavarnway  who hit .377 at Pawtucket against Lefties, use him. Start forcing the other Manager to make moves. Chewing gum and counting pitches, is not going to get it done. Throw the pitch count out, and do it the old fashion way. NESN put Heidi Watney in a G-String, and have her interviewing the Tampa players, in between innings too. Everybody has to contribute.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I just copied your suggestions and pasted them into an email for Theo to read. I also cc'ed Bill James and the FO metrics staff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tonight's game - the most important of the year! : I don't usually like to over-emphasize one game, but in this case, I agree.  If we can't beat TB with Lester, we might have a problem.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

Shields will outpitch Lester today. And yes, we do have a problem. Its our useless GM who gave us the likes of Jenks, Lackey, Miller, Crapford...and so forth and so on ad nauseum. Its very important that we LOSE today. Delayed gratification. If we BLOW the WC this year, good chance we also will LOSE OUR USELESS GM and manager. This season is  toast already; thats obvious to all rational people. Why make it a total loss by making the playoffs and getting routed in round 1?

13. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts