Tonight's lineup--what the heck is going on here?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Tonight's lineup--what the heck is going on here?

This is not about Bogaerts, but about the whole lineup.

We already saw something like it in game 1, also against Sanchez, when Farrell also went, as he is tonight, with 5 righty bats against the righty Sanchez who, as expected, is more effective against righty bats than lefty bats.   I seem to remember the Sox got exactly one hit in that game and 17 strikeouts.   And the only hit was by a lefty bat, Nava, who isn't playing tonight.  This time Bogaerts and Gomes are in, and Nava and Middlebrooks are out. 

What am I not seeing? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

Re: Tonight's lineup--what the heck is going on here?

In response to maxbialystock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is not about Bogaerts, but about the whole lineup.

We already saw something like it in game 1, also against Sanchez, when Farrell also went, as he is tonight, with 5 righty bats against the righty Sanchez who, as expected, is more effective against righty bats than lefty bats.   I seem to remember the Sox got exactly one hit in that game and 17 strikeouts.   And the only hit was by a lefty bat, Nava, who isn't playing tonight.  This time Bogaerts and Gomes are in, and Nava and Middlebrooks are out. 

What am I not seeing? 

[/QUOTE]

Pretty simple...he wants Gomes to stay sharp and he wants to give Bogearts a shot to see if he can spark the bottom of the order....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

It does seem like an odd time to switch Bogaerts for Middlebrooks, but not all that surprising. But, Gomes for Nava? (who got the only hit the last time they faced this guy). This is nothing like the lineup that "got us there". Sanchez is not the guy you would expect to see in there against a pitcher like Sanchez. And, is there something wrong with Salty? The last game we won, Salty was the guy who drove in the winning run!

My guess is that Farrell has something in mind, but what? These changes look crazy enought to have been planned.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like that--"crazy enough to have been planned." 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Salty is out too. Ross catching. I guess that is Lester's preference. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It does seem like an odd time to switch Bogaerts for Middlebrooks, but not all that surprising. But, Gomes for Nava? (who got the only hit the last time they faced this guy). This is nothing like the lineup that "got us there". Sanchez is not the guy you would expect to see in there against a pitcher like Sanchez. And, is there something wrong with Salty? The last game we won, Salty was the guy who drove in the winning run!

My guess is that Farrell has something in mind, but what? These changes look crazy enought to have been planned.

[/QUOTE]

Though Nava did not get his hit against Sanchez.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Though Nava did not get his hit against Sanchez.

[/QUOTE]

That old movie line. Just might be crazy enough to work.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I do agree with everyone who thought Bogaerts should start.  In this era of data mining and analysis where every pitch is planned and every outcome anticipated, it is a smart move to use the guy they have the least data on...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to manosome's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looking at the line-up my 1st thought was DOES FARRELL KNOW THAT SANCHEZ IS RH?

[/QUOTE]

It should be noted that 8 of the 10 hits were by righties, including all 3 doubles and the HR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I do agree with everyone who thought Bogaerts should start.  In this era of data mining and analysis where every pitch is planned and every outcome anticipated, it is a smart move to use the guy they have the least data on...

[/QUOTE]

It also helps when that guy they have very little data on happens to be extremely talented. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And to think that some people who post on this site didn't think Bogaerts would be ready to play every day next year.  

If he can handle the big lights in the post season....he'll be fine next year. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"What am I not seeing?"

The keys to victory. :) 

Great win!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Ross put a hurt on a couple baseballs.  

Sections
Shortcuts