Tonight's Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Tonight's Lineup

Here you go. Crawford still in the 6 hole, ahead of both Salty and Reddick. Good protection for Ortiz.

RED SOX (68-42)
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    Reddick RF
    Scutaro SS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-_yazzer. Show the-_yazzer's posts

Re: Tonight's Lineup

In Response to Tonight's Lineup:
    [QUOTE]Here you go. Crawford still in the 6 hole, ahead of both Salty and Reddick. Good protection for Ortiz. RED SOX (68-42) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C Reddick RF Scutaro SS
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

yeah, like a rubber with a hole in it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Here you go. Crawford still in the 6 hole, ahead of both Salty and Reddick. Good protection for Ortiz. RED SOX (68-42) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C Reddick RF Scutaro SS
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]ADG, don't know if you wanted it, but here's the Yanks' lineup......YANKEES (68-42)
    Jeter SS
    Granderson CF
    Teixeira 1B
    Cano 2B
    Swisher RF
    Jones LF
    Martin C
    Posada dh,
    Nunez 3B

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's Lineup:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tonight's Lineup : ADG, don't know if you wanted it, but here's the Yanks' lineup......YANKEES (68-42) Jeter SS Granderson CF Teixeira 1B Cano 2B Swisher RF Jones LF Martin C Posada dh, Nunez 3B
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thats one nasty line-up Jete.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tonight's Lineup : ADG, don't know if you wanted it, but here's the Yanks' lineup......YANKEES (68-42) Jeter SS Granderson CF Teixeira 1B Cano 2B Swisher RF Jones LF Martin C Posada dh, Nunez 3B
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Thank you. Should be a good series.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

What is Theo's plan? 
    With Scutaro, Aviles and Lowrie returning, who plays where and when the remainder of this season? 

What happens next season?  If Iglesias begins to hit like he did in the lower minors and through ST, I would think he will be our starter next season because defensively he is better than all the above.      

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tonight's Lineup : What is Theo's plan?  With Scutaro, Aviles and Lowrie returning, who plays where and when the remainder of this season?  What happens next season?   If Iglesias begins to hit like he did in the lower minors and through ST, I would think he will be our starter next season because defensively he is better than all the above.      
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I think Scutaro remains the FT SS.

Lowrie will get some time at 2B (resting Pedey) and more at 3B (Youk needs more rest). I think we may see Youk DH some vs some tough lefties as Jed plays 3B. Jed will also play some SS, but I see that more as Aviles back-up role. 

The question is, who gets demoted or DFA'd when they bring Jed up?
    1) DMac?
    2) Go with one less pitcher?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Besides Jeter and Posada and Martin and Nunez and Tex, that is one fine Yankee lineup. 

Just kidding of course ...   Tex can swat ....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonight's Lineup : I think Scutaro remains the FT SS. Lowrie will get some time at 2B (resting Pedey) and more at 3B (Youk needs more rest). I think we may see Youk DH some vs some tough lefties as Jed plays 3B. Jed will also play some SS, but I see that more as Aviles back-up role.  The question is, who gets demoted or DFA'd when they bring Jed up? 1) DMac? 2) Go with one less pitcher?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]A pitcher gets sent down IMO. 13 pitchers is not sustainable.

On the subject of Jed, if he comes out the gates hitting strong, he'll play his way back into the line-up. He is nice play piece to put between two LH because later in the game if a manager goes to the switch to match-up say against Crawford and Reddick it plays right into Jed's strength.

But if Lowrie isn't hot and/or Scoot doesn't scuffle, he'll hang onto the majority of the PT. But Lowrie would be IMO the platoon guy versus LH pitchers.  IMO the RS have a fair amount of confidence in Jed as a RH hitter matched against LH and should.

The bigger question is how much longer can they keep Crawford in the 6 spot if he doesn't come back around? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Crawford is indeed an issue in the six slot with what sure looks like a wretched swing (despite his great success with the Rays). 

And, as I stated in my thread, 13 pitchers is interesting, but abnormal.  Theo will dump a lefty pitcher when Lowrie returns, giving the sox six infielders and four outfielders, which is what most AL teams have.  I believe Aviles can also back up the outfield, plus he just might be a decent pinchrunner (see stolen base in 8th inning Wed night). 

When he is hitting Lowrie is far and away the best choice for SS, as he showed this year and I think in 2008 when he first came up. 

Right now, I am fine with Scutaro at SS.  I was last year too. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Reddick hitting 8th, in back of Salty, makes little sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

not sure why salty is hitting ahead of reddick who has a batting average that is a 100 points higher than salty's. Oh right because he is left hand so we cant have 3 lefties hitting in a row or the world will end. Even though there is a righty starting for the yanks. lol The coma strikes again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I'll tell you what was really dumb about the lineup tonight--batting that guy Gonzalez in the three slot.  He went 0 for 4 and struck out on three pitches with the bases loaded.  I mean, he didn't even try.  He should have been batting 8th or 9th.