Tonight's Lineup

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Tonight's Lineup

Here is the lineup:

Ellsbury CF
    Aviles SS
    Gonzalez 1B
    Pedroia 2B
    Lowrie 3B
    Lavarnway DH
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C
    McDonald RF

Pitching: LHP Andrew Miller (4-1, 5.40)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ->The-Babe<-. Show ->The-Babe<-'s posts

Re: Tonight's Lineup

Go KC!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

Aviles Batting Second !!  Who would have thunk it ?? And Again no Reddick... Giving How We Play against the "Weak" Central division This may be a grind !! Let's Go Miller !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

Wow...its beginning to look alot like last years august lineups

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Could be worse.  Six righties.  Lowrie and Lavarnway 5th and 6th makes sense against a lefty. 

Miller is, of course, frightening. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Tonight's Lineup:
    [QUOTE]Could be worse.  Six righties.  Lowrie and Lavarnway 5th and 6th makes sense against a lefty.  Miller is, of course, frightening. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

tonight, miller pulls it all together.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Lowries due for some crier hits, but hitting 5th is not good for a near under .300 Obp with the pop of Beckett.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

^^^ Why do you feel the need to post this in multiple threads? Then again, why post it at all since we have all heard it ad naseum.

Since you are such a big fan of split stats, I'll point out JL has a .950 OPS v. LHP ... damn that Francona.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Oh, and I too would prefer to see Reddick over DMac.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I almost rather see a two man OF than watch DMac tank again....I also noticed that the Sox signed former Oakland A's prospect Greg Smith who had been with the Yankees AAA team and they have given him the ball in tonights game for the Pawsox. Also Will Middlebrooks has moved into position to be next on the RI to Boston express.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

why Darnell..?????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Reddick should be in there, get some practice against lefties & can't do any worse that DMc & has a chance of doing well.  DMc is an automatic out these days, now watch, he'll hit one out tonight (fine with me!).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

lineup looks weak with Aviles 2nd and Lowrie/Larvarnway 5&6 and McDonald 9th.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ALaGatorAL. Show ALaGatorAL's posts

[QUOTE]Say what you will about Andrew Miller but just note the Sox are 7-1 off his starts. Think he'll be fine. As far as DMc is concerned, think we all dreamed the dream last season but now we wake to find there is a good reason why he's 32 years old and has never caught onto a steady MLB gig.
    Posted by hoohaa[/QUOTE]

I don't blame Darnell. The Sox are paying him to be there and play when called on. He can only play as well as his talents allow him. I blame a manager that refuses to play a Player with better skills just because of the hand the pitcher is throwing the ball out of. If there was a case that Darnell was as good a Player as Reddick then I could see it but this is clearly not the case. If you're going to bench anybody against left handed pitching I would offer Crawford up as the one, Besides Crawford would make a hell of a pinch ruuner !! LOL

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Well it isn't happening but for all the beefing about McDonald his OPS in the last  14 days (12 PAs) is .705. Crawford? In the last 7 days (21 PAs) .243.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]Aviles Batting Second !!  Who would have thunk it ?? And Again no Reddick... Giving How We Play against the "Weak" Central division This may be a grind !! Let's Go Miller !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]
    The Red Sox are 19-15 (.559) against the "weak" Central Division and 31-15 (.674) against the AL East.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Aviles Batting Second !!  Who would have thunk it ?? And Again no Reddick... Giving How We Play against the "Weak" Central division This may be a grind !! Let's Go Miller !!
    Posted by ALaGatorAL[/QUOTE]

Avilles? 
    2011Bos133451010011610.294.306.324

He's one of the "hottest" hitters for the Sox right now.  Not great!  BUT!!!  Could be a lot worse.

D'Mac over Reddick???  I'm SO TIRED OF THIS!  I don't care if it's LHP, RHP, or slow pitch softball.  Love the kid!  BUT!!!  He couldn't hit a beachball thrown underhand from 6ft on a breezeless day.  MY GOD!  Yes!  I know Reddick's been cold lately, but PLEASE!!!  I'd take Reddick any day of the week!  I'd take a single A player over D'Mac at this point!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]Well it isn't happening but for all the beefing about McDonald his OPS in the last  14 days (12 PAs) is .705. Crawford? In the last 7 days (21 PAs) .243.
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

I don't know where you got that, but here are his August stats....

August.14391432001201050.200.357

Not looking ANY BETTER than ALL YEAR long!

WE NEED somebody to come up WHO CAN HELP US in these dog days of summer.  Especially with all the injuries.  I'm not convinced Lavernway is ready either.????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  This may be a small sample (August), but it mirrors what he has done ALL YEAR LONG!  NOTHING!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.p.s.   & can we PLEASE STOP with the "you need to understand the LHP vs. RHP BS!!!"  He CAN'T HIT either!!!!  Very consistently!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

OK  :)  Done ranting!   :)   Out of my system!  Let's go boys   :)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

One last point... :)  5 -5 Lavarnway never gets his hand back in a hitting position???  I don't know where all that AAA power comes from.  I know, I know....  "He needs to get his timing down."  BUT, we don't need a kid who's got a long learning curve right now???  Anybody else in the wings right now? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

lavarnway needs confidence.
    he got very good wood today.
    more of that and before long he will be killin it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The lineup worked pretty darn well.  AGon had 3 hits, including two doubles, but couldn't drive any runs in.  But everyone else chipped in.  Lavarnway batting 6th made sense beforehand, but he left the bases loaded twice.  It happens. 

Sections
Shortcuts