Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from highflysox. Show highflysox's posts

Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?

In Response to Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?:
    [QUOTE]Lowrie hitting cleanup? Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Ortiz DH Lowrie 3B Gonzalez 1B Lavarnway C McDonald RF Crawford LF Scutaro SS Pitching: LHP Erik Bedard (5-9, 3.50)
    Posted by KRomine[/QUOTE]

ABSOLUTELY

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

In Response to Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence?:
    [QUOTE]I hope Lavarnway goes into beastmode tonight just like when he got promoted from AA to AAA.
    Posted by Red-Sox-Nation-Netherlands[/QUOTE]

Son, Lavarnway ain't in Kansas anymore.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]Lowrie hitting clean up speaks volumes of the construction of this team by Theo
    Posted by fourrings[/QUOTE]

Are you factoring in the injuries to Youk and Gonzalez?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

This is better than "Murderers' Row"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

[QUOTE]Wow Excuse me but I have to go throw-up now
    Posted by andrewmitch[/QUOTE]
    ROFL,  me too. 1967,1975, 1978, 2986, 2011.
    BTW I hear that the Rays have put in a call to Bucky Dent ; )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

I hope we win the last 2 and force a playoff with Tampa. The playoff game will go in to the 23rd inning where we'll take a 11-4 lead in the the bottom of the 23rd. In astounding (but not surprising) fashon Paplebon will give up two grand slams in the inning to lose the game 12-11. Only that could top this season off!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It doesn't matter who is in the line up if the Ptiching staff gives up 6 or more runs again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonb1969. Show jasonb1969's posts

we honestly don't have anyone hitting all that well so i don't see much of difference where anyone hits at this point.  I think marco has actually been hitting the ball decently & he's at #9. So, i'm not sure if the numercial spot in which they bat really means anything anymore.
    definitely don't think we're playoff worthy - it just blows that we're connected to the new record of epic breakdown.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from peanutandme. Show peanutandme's posts

I don't think tonight's lineup is the problem.  The problem started started early in the season when Francona changed his lineup almost nightly. He should have had a set lineup so every night each player knows he is going to hit in the two hole, three spot, etc. Player's like to settle into a spot in the lineup and stay their. Now on occasion that can't always be the case, but to have someone hit 2nd one night, then 4th the next, then 5th another night is not good.

Check out other lineups[Yankee's] you know pretty much each night where each  player is hitting and Girardi pretty much stays with a set lineup.  Now I know some times it has to change depending on certain player's playing that day, or  certain pitcher pitching that  day, but player's have comfort zone, and knowing that they will hit in the same spot most of the time helps them. That's just a quirk that most player's like.

But changing the lineup and position that they bat in several times a week or month is unsettleing to many player's. It may not seen to be much of a big deal to we the fans, but for the player's it is indeed a big deal.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Scutaro should bat 2nd...like I said 2 weeks ago.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]Scutaro should bat 2nd...like I said 2 weeks ago.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]Perhaps Moon. As always your thoughts have a lot of thought behind them.

But I get where Tito is coming from. As Pedey has been moved in the order this September he certainly appears to have been over reaching, another one of the guys trying to hit 5 run HRs.

Now I get the logic of not moving Ellsbury because it is one of the few things working. And there is every argument for getting Scoot up in the order but maybe as many for getting him in front of Ellsbury when the batting order turns.

While most everyone at this point thinks they'd have a better course than ones Francona is picking, few would actually want to change places with him these two weeks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Scutty's been one of the few guys getting on base and getting key hits these past few days. He's got a chance at hitting .300 with a big 2 games!

He's hitting .371 the last 4 weeks with a .426 OBP. He's being wasted.

He's been getting one less PA than guys like CC.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from damich26. Show damich26's posts

I have never had confidence in Francona as a manager. Yes he is good with the players and is a "players manager" but time after time he is outmanaged in every aspect of the game. He is only successful because of the money the Red Sox are able to spend. Pedroia batting fourth as often as he did is a joke. How many times do we see a player who is getting hot and hitting the ball well given a day off to rest. Take a look at the lineups the past few years when Wakefield pitches, usually 2 or 3 regulars are given the day off. How many times early in the season after a loss do we hear Francona say "It's early, the season is 162 games long, there are plenty of games left". Well, if they had just won one of those games, they would be sitting a lot prettier right now. These games do matter. Imagine the family that just spent $300-$500 for tickets and travel expenses and food to hear these comments. So if these early games are not important, should anybody go see them? Should the fans wait until the games are important to go to them? This collapse may be the best thing to happen to the Red Sox, showing Francona's weakness as a manager and hopefully it results in the Sox getting a real manager.   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbrod. Show tbrod's posts

Reggie Smith CF
    Mike Andrews 2B
    Carl Yastrzemski LF
    Tony Conigliaro RF
    George Scott 1B
    Rico Petrocelli SS
    Joe Foy 3B
    Russ Gibson C
    Pitcher

I remember the Dick Williams' 1967 lineup, because it never changed unless someone was hurt or rested. Torre did much the same with the Yankees over the years.
    When a manager continually shuffles the lineup, it means either his players aren't good or he lacks confidence in his own judgement.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from damich26. Show damich26's posts

[QUOTE]Reggie Smith CF Mike Andrews 2B Carl Yastrzemski LF Tony Conigliaro RF George Scott 1B Rico Petrocelli SS Joe Foy 3B Russ Gibson C Pitcher I remember the Dick Williams' 1967 lineup, because it never changed unless someone was hurt or rested. Torre did much the same with the Yankees over the years. When a manager continually shuffles the lineup, it means either his players aren't good or he lacks confidence in his own judgement.
    Posted by tbrod[/QUOTE]

Well said!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

[QUOTE]splendidsplinterteddyb said: Looks like TB will clinch the WC tonight Can't happen tonight, it's tied.  The Red Sox still control their own destiny (as does Tampa).  Now, being realistic ... 
    Posted by illinoisredsox[/QUOTE]

Well actually if TB or the Red Sox win and the other loses than the winner clinches the one game playoff in TB, so technically someone can clinch tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeaconHill19. Show BeaconHill19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tonite's Lineup - Does it Inspire Confidence? : Well actually if TB or the Red Sox win and the other loses than the winner clinches the one game playoff in TB, so technically someone can clinch tonight.
    Posted by Soxdog67[/QUOTE]

This post makes no sense whatsoever.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Here's my lineup for tonight: Scutaro
                                            Pedroia
                                            Ellsbury
                                            Ortiz
                                            Gonzalez
                                            Lavarnway
                                            Crawford
                                            McDonald/Drew
                                            Aviles