Tons of Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Tons of Positives

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives:
    In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : Are you kidding?  moonslav's the guy who keeps telling us Crawford is a glorified platoon player who Theo overpaid by 50 million.  You've got the wrong guy on this one.
    Posted by Hfxsoxnut

I just posted before reading this. Yes, babe is proof of spouting before thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from -*The-Babe*-. Show -*The-Babe*-'s posts

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : You have no clue. I have been criticizing CC since day one. It was a horrible signing. I have called him a "glorified platoon player" and have been catching grief for saying it.  I have said that even if CC hits his norm for 7 years, he'd be overpaid by about $50M. 

Posted by moonslav59

I know you have. But that won't stop you from making excuses for him and spinning stats like you do for wake and tek.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : I know you have. But that won't stop you from making excuses for him and spinning stats like you do for wake and tek.
    Posted by -*The-Babe*-

I only defend players that are bashed without merit. Wake is one of the best 6th starters in MLB. VTek is our back-up catcher who has an OPS that places him at #15 out of 30 starting catchers. Crawford has numbers that are not easily defended. If he starts putting up good numbers and people still bash him (on his productivity not his salary), then yes, i will defend him too.

Usually when I use numbers to "defend" Wake, it is in repsonse to posters who say Wake's plus 5 ERA over the last 2 years "proves" he shouldn't be starting. They then go on to say Miller deserves to start. I point out that Miller has a plus 5 ERA over the past 2 years, and you call that spin? Other times, I say "the numbers show Wake is a Sox top 5 starter", which is not the same as saying I think he belongs in the top 5. 

Defending Vtek is a no brainer. We win way more with Vtek. It's not a fluke. It's a decade long trend. Call it "voodoo". Call it "comfort level". Call it the sweet cologne he uses. I don't really care what it is: our pitchers do way better with VTek behind the plate. Couple that with the fact that Vtek is not as bad a hitting catcher as people believe. It's a poor hitting position for the most part, and Vtek compares nicely with about half the leagues catchers on offense. For a back-up catcher to get so much grief from this board baffles me. Because I use data to back up my points, does not mean it is spin.

Why not give me some evidence to show Wake is a bad 6th starter compared to MLB 6th starters. Show me evidence why Vtek is a bad back-up catcher, besides the lame CS% argument.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

Crawford continues to be a negative. Had right OF move been made, the offense would not have a serious hole that keeps it from being what a massive budget should be getting.
    Posted by S0ftl@w

yea we need use all those good young pitchers to replace wakefield,softy could you give us the combined ERA  of miller-weiland-doubront?why no answer?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

And who are these other kids being held down by Wake.  Name names!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Weiland  2 starts  Start 1 Oriole bean ball game
                               Start 2  6 IP  3 ER

Make way for Tim Wastefield!

Doubrant has 4 IP in relief.

Miller's ERA is 5.27

Wastefield's ERA is over 5 for over 2 years

Pretty clear that Wastefield at 45 has no business starting and taking needed innings experience away from youth. 

Good news is that Wastefield will be out of baseball in a short period ot time.                                            

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Weiland  2 starts  Start 1 Oriole bean ball game                            Start 2  6 IP  3 ER Make way for Tim Wastefield! Doubrant has 4 IP in relief. Miller's ERA is 5.27 Wastefield's ERA is over 2 for over 2 years Pretty clear that Wastefield at 45 has no business starting and taking needed innings experience away from youth.  Good news is that Wastefield will be out of baseball in a short period ot time.                                            
    Posted by S0ftl@w

The all UR venom will be directed inward.
    You'd better pray Wake is re-signed!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHUBBIE99. Show CHUBBIE99's posts

How's this for a few positives? In the last 14 days, all 8 of these guys have OPS over .850: Papi  1.44 AGon 1.11 VTek  1.11 Aviles 1.04 Ellsb    0.99 Pedey o.92 Salty  0.91 CC      0.86
    Posted by moonslav59
    Sure looks good but what is our win lost record. I bet not much over 500.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : yea we need use all those good young pitchers to replace wakefield,softy could you give us the combined ERA  of miller-weiland-doubront?why no answer?
    Posted by canetime

Softy's "research" is voodoo. Here's the scoop:

2011:
    Miller      56.1 IP  33 ER    5.27 (105 H + BB + HBP)
    Weiland  10.0IP    9 ER    8.10 (21)
    Doubront  4.1IP    5 ER  10.38 (11)
    Bowden   13.2IP   5 ER    3.23 (22)   
    Total        84.1       52       5.55 (159)  1.89 WHIP (+HBP)

2010:
    Miller      32.2  31  8.54  (78)
    Douby     25     12  4.32  (38)
    Bowden  15.1    8  4.70  (24)
    Total:     73.0   51  6.28  (140) 1.91

2010-2011 Totals:
                   157.1  103  5.89  (299) 1.90

J. Lackey '10-'11:   5.06   1.50
    Wake 2010-2011:    5.14  1.34

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Weiland and Doubrant have not been allowed hardly any innings. Miller has an ERA in Wastefield territory, but he isnt 45 and been doing it for over 2 plus years.

Doubrant 2010 was Bob Gibson compared to Wastefield. 2 starts for Weiland and 4.1 IP for Doubrant in 2011 is solid proof that Red Sox need to continue to give Wastefield a third circus ring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

Doubront is not being given innings because he can't get anyone out! Did you watch him throw fat pitches today? If you were the manager, you would feel comfortable pitching a guy who hasn't proven he can get Major League hitters out in any situation. While it is a tiny sample size, the BoSox are playing for the RIGHT NOW, not next year or the future. This is not the time to go with untested youth. He will have an opportunity in the future. Fancona knows what he will get from Wake, yeah 5 runs for every 9 innings pitched, he knows what he is getting, whereas these young guys could be much, much worse in this situation. That is why he is a manager with 2 WS rings, and you talk about the "reverse pivot".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Doubront was injured or recovering for much of the season. 

He has only had 70 IP in Pawtucket (4.22 ERA / 1.294 WHIP).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stormcrow7878. Show stormcrow7878's posts

If the Sox released Wake, traded Ells, and resigned Ortiz....what horse would Softy beat long after it was dead?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Jed
    2) Lackey
    3) Scutty
    4) VTek
    5) Salty
    6) Jenks

Then there's Theo, and guys like Reddick who could join the list at any moment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Doubront is not being given innings because he can't get anyone out!

In 2010 he was getting MLB outs. 4.1 is a little small, compared to over 2 years.

The problem with Wastefield is you know what you are getting. An old fat goofball and a 5 plus ERA for over 2 years human launching pad. At his best he gets lit up by the top offensive teams. Which is why management has zero confidence in Wastefield beyond trying to booster seat him to a been around too long 200 wins gold watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

It's hard to keep even one thread positive.

Sections
Shortcuts