Tons of Positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from <->TheBabe<->. Show <->TheBabe<->'s posts

Re: Tons of Positives

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : ummm... what rock were you under when crawford missed like 30 games and was out mid-June to mid-July with a hamstring injury? I see you failed to say 'what is Youk's injury' b/c he is obviously out RIGHT NOW... but he's played in more games than Crawford this year....

Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

But the hammy has nothing to do with crawful's poor performance. He was terrible before the injury.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : But the hammy has nothing to do with crawful's poor performance. He was terrible before the injury.
    Posted by <- />TheBabe<->[/QUOTE]

I guess of the 5 guys I am most dissapointed with CC's injury is the least likely contributor to his poor season...

Youk was having like a .265/.375/.475 season and on pace for 23-24 HR's before his injury. Well off his 08-09 seasons where he was a .305/.400/.560 guy bashing 28 homers.

His 2011 would be a fine season for a 3rd baseman hitting 5th-7th in the order... but I just expect more from him at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1) Do we know if the hammy was bothering CC before he went on the DL?
    2) Being our 30 games lessened the amount of games CC had to bring his stats back up to respectability.

I'm not making excuses for CC. I was against his signing from day one, but his point was that every player doing below career norms have had an injury. He wasn't saying the injury necessarily caused the low production in all cases.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a58b8cf388c7d2ac70d451af9b56564e&plckUserId=a58b8cf388c7d2ac70d451af9b56564e">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 9/3/2011
    Moon, When my older son was in Iraq the first time there were some real, fundamental issues of readiness and engagement, issues he had been taught to handle. He's a black and white kind of guy. They taught them safety protocols for a reason. When he got in country, those protocols were being ignored. Now mind you, he is green, just out of boot and AIT. But he sees his soldiers being put in harm's way by the neglect of the safety protocols. A team leader isn't doing his job and my son took control of more than one mission as the moment broke down dangerously. He didn't care if it meant he was going to get brass knuckled later by the team leader or others at the FOB. He was going to make sure his guys didn't die for stupid neglect. Well, actually, he did care if it lfew back on him. But in review, the base commanders supported him 100% and reassigned the team leader to another base literally on the other side of Iraq. My son earned a bronze star and a four page commendation from the base commander. We followed as closely as we could and knew his concern. But after the review, he said, of the outcome, one word. "Outstanding." It was all he needed to say, with his heart totally expressed in his voice. That word has come to mean a great deal to me. He has served a 2nd tour and has been back safely for almost two years. And was asked to write procedures for training and is helping in the training of his unit. He's doing much more, but I'll just say that when I think of something as remarkable and important, that word sometimes comes to mind. Moon, with your usual deftness, you have captured the soul of the season. You've outlined the pleasure that overcomes the angst, the enjoyment that saddles the pain, and the optimism that is both rich and real for the coming weeks of the season. Outstanding.
    Posted by SinceYaz

Not for nothing, but your post destroyed Moon's very well thought out post. Tell your son thanks. I hope he stays in the military, if that's his choice, to help train the next generation.
    "There is no Breaking Point"

And how do you come to that conclusion? Make a statement fine, but accusatory remarks at least deserve a reason why to the person your speaking to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from frankn. Show frankn's posts

How about taking off the rose colored glasses?

Catching - better than expected; a nice surprise.

AGon - a great year but he has to hit the Yankees and in big time clutch situations.

Pedey - the best.

Scutaro - I agree - scrappy, underrated.

Youk - An average year; I'm still hopeful he can improve.

Lowrie - Are you kidding me?  He's so injury prone that he even doesn't believe in himself.

Aviles - a sub on any team.

Crawford - a bad  year for him - hopefully an aberration.

Els - MVP!

Drew - a tough way to go out.

Reddick - Wasted a golden opportunity.

MCDonald -  shouldn't be on a good team.

Beckett - Redeemed himself- can still go further in games.

Lester - a C+; he's capble of so much more.

Buch-  we really miss him.

Lackey -  Not the pitcher I remember.

Wake - up and down but still very necessary.

Paps - Great walk year.

Bard - Another great year; should stay in this role.

morales - Dr. Jeckyll; Mr. hyde

Albers - had a good month; now he's toast.

Wheeler - Please let him out of the doghouse.

Aceves - An A+++

Jenks - department store santa job waiting.

Not all positives, but a lot.  The polyannas are as bad as the Gloomy gus's.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

And how do you come to that conclusion? Make a statement fine, but accusatory remarks at least deserve a reason why to the person your speaking to.

Itwasn't meant to be negative.  It was meant to postive for his son, and to underscore the's doingimportance of what he.  Sorry if it didn't come off that way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Jenks - department store santa job waiting.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

Ouch, good one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]And how do you come to that conclusion? Make a statement fine, but accusatory remarks at least deserve a reason why to the person your speaking to. Itwasn't meant to be negative.  It was meant to postive for his son, and to underscore the's doing importance of what he .   Sorry if it didn't come off that way.
    Posted by Joebreidey[/QUOTE]

I dont see how it was a detraction either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a58b8cf388c7d2ac70d451af9b56564e&plckUserId=a58b8cf388c7d2ac70d451af9b56564e">
    First: 5/30/2008
    Last: 9/3/2011

Itwasn't meant to be negative. It was meant to postive for his son, and to underscore the's doingimportance of what he. Sorry if it didn't come off that way.
    "There is no Breaking Point"

My apoligies, I certianly mistook your comments. But you did suggest he destroyed a thread. If any thing he made it better IMO by complimenting the Author of the thread. SY is a great guy, loves his Sox and makes no bones about it. Again sorry I mistook your comment.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

AS A SOX FAN, THERE REALLY ARE NO POSITIVES AT THIS POINT OF THE
    SEASON. YOU DIEHARDS CAN CALL ME A TROLL, TOOL OR ANY OTHER
    MILD EXPLETIVE, BUT THE YANKEE LINEUP, OUR CHIEF RIVAL, IS JUST
    SUPERIOR IN FIREPOWER TO OURS. WHEN THEY CAN PUT UP GRANDERSON,
    TEIXEIRA, A ROD, AND CANO BACK TO BACK, AND THEN ADD IN SWISHER,
    JONES, JETER, CERVELLI, POSADA AND NUNEZ....THAT IS JUST TOO MUCH
    FOR THE SOX TO COMPETE WITH. FORGET THE EARLY SEASON. THE YANKS
    HAVE JELLED. THEY COME FROM BEHIND WITH REGULARITY AND SHUT
    THE OPPOSITION DOWN WITH ROBERTSON AND RIVERA. GAME OVER !!
    THEY DID IT TO US TWICE. LESTER IS SUSCEPTIBLE, AND LACKEY JUST
    IS A MEDIOCRE ARM AT THIS PT. IN HIS CAREER. BECKETT IS OUR ONLY
    STUD ARM. NOT ENOUGH, FOLKS. SETTLE FOR THE WILD CARD AND AN
    EARLY EXIT IN THE PLAYOFFS. AND FORGET YOUKILIS. HE IS NOT A
    #4 HITTER LIKE A ROD IS. PEDROIA IS OUR #2, AND THE YANKS HAVE
    GRANDERSON. IS THERE REALLY A CONTEST THERE ?? TEIX MAY HAVE
    ONLY A .245 AVG. BUT HE WILL HAVE OVER 40 HRS. AT THE END. AGON
    JUST HITS SINGLES AND DOUBLES AND WILL BE LUCKY TO BREAK 30
    BY THE END OF THE MONTH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

[QUOTE]How about taking off the rose colored glasses? Catching - better than expected; a nice surprise. AGon - a great year but he has to hit the Yankees and in big time clutch situations. Pedey - the best. Scutaro - I agree - scrappy, underrated. Youk - An average year; I'm still hopeful he can improve. Lowrie - Are you kidding me?  He's so injury prone that he even doesn't believe in himself. Aviles - a sub on any team. Crawford - a bad  year for him - hopefully an aberration. Els - MVP! Drew - a tough way to go out. Reddick - Wasted a golden opportunity. MCDonald -  shouldn't be on a good team. Beckett - Redeemed himself- can still go further in games. Lester - a C+; he's capble of so much more. Buch-  we really miss him. Lackey -  Not the pitcher I remember. Wake - up and down but still very necessary. Paps - Great walk year. Bard - Another great year; should stay in this role. morales - Dr. Jeckyll; Mr. hyde Albers - had a good month; now he's toast. Wheeler - Please let him out of the doghouse. Aceves - An A+++ Jenks - department store santa job waiting. Not all positives, but a lot.  The polyannas are as bad as the Gloomy gus's.
    Posted by frankn[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

TO FRANKN. PUT ME DOWN AS A GLOOMY GUS. AS MUCH AS I
    WOULD LOVE US TO HUMILIATE THE EVIL EMPIRE, WE DON'T
    HAVE THE BATS OR THE ARMS. YOUR ANALYSIS WAS PRETTY
    MUCH SPOT ON. CRAWFORD IS A BUST, LACKEY HAS A RAG ARM,
    LESTER IS NOT AS GOOD AS WE THINK HE IS; YOUKILIS IS PAST
    HIS PRIME AND NOT A CLEANUP BAT; LOWRIE CAN'T FIELD TO
    SAVE HIMSELF; AND TEK AND SALTY DO NOT MATCH UP TO
    CERVELLI AND MARTIN IN THE CLUTCH. REDDICK NEEDS
    ANOTHER YEAR TO SOLIDIFY. A GON IS A NICE PLAYER, BUT
    HE'S NOT A TEX OR GRANDERSON WHO HITS WALKOFFS.
    PAPI IS OUR ONLY THREAT AND HE'S GETTIN' OLD.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I think there has been misunderstandings here. 

Anyways, today brings out some positives in a big way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

How about taking off the rose colored glasses? Catching - better than expected; a nice surprise. AGon - a great year but he has to hit the Yankees and in big time clutch situations. Pedey - the best. Scutaro - I agree - scrappy, underrated. Youk - An average year; I'm still hopeful he can improve. Lowrie - Are you kidding me?  He's so injury prone that he even doesn't believe in himself. Aviles - a sub on any team. Crawford - a bad  year for him - hopefully an aberration. Els - MVP! Drew - a tough way to go out. Reddick - Wasted a golden opportunity. MCDonald -  shouldn't be on a good team. Beckett - Redeemed himself- can still go further in games. Lester - a C+; he's capble of so much more. Buch-  we really miss him. Lackey -  Not the pitcher I remember. Wake - up and down but still very necessary. Paps - Great walk year. Bard - Another great year; should stay in this role. morales - Dr. Jeckyll; Mr. hyde Albers - had a good month; now he's toast. Wheeler - Please let him out of the doghouse. Aceves - An A+++ Jenks - department store santa job waiting. Not all positives, but a lot.  The polyannas are as bad as the Gloomy gus's.
    Posted by frankn

Great post

I think Lester is a B+ not a C+ and Youk has not had an average season for him... he fell off... but otherwise I agree

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

CC heating it up could be huge.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How's this for a few positives?

In the last 14 days, all 8 of these guys have OPS over .850:

Papi  1.44
    AGon 1.11
    VTek  1.11
    Aviles 1.04
    Ellsb    0.99
    Pedey o.92
    Salty  0.91
    CC      0.86

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from promise4you. Show promise4you's posts

I think there has been misunderstandings here.  Anyways, today brings out some positives in a big way.
    Posted by moonslav59

You are absolutely correct about the misunderstanding and I did apologize. The statement could easily be looked at in two different lights.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Lavarnway on the way back up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -*The-Babe*-. Show -*The-Babe*-'s posts

CC heating it up could be huge.

Posted by moonslav59

Or crawful continuing the way he has played will continue to be a black hole.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

His contract will always be "blackhole-ish", but if he reverts to his career norm, he will be helping this team in many ways. He may not, and I'm sure you will be here reminding us if he doesn't. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Lavarnway on the way back up.
    Posted by BurritoT

I have to smile with a little bit of pleasure, B.

It seems like not too long ago we (the board) were discussing catching/!B prospects.  I admit my nearly complete ignorance in this area, but it's nice to see Lavarnway getting up to the big team, even on the expanded roster.  If my memory serves me correctly (always a question) he wasn't really given much of a chance according to ranking in the minors.  Good for him!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from -*The-Babe*-. Show -*The-Babe*-'s posts

His contract will always be "blackhole-ish", but if he reverts to his career norm, he will be helping this team in many ways. He may not, and I'm sure you will be here reminding us if he doesn't. 

Posted by moonslav59

Just as I am sure you will be here with some stats that show he "Really" isn't as bad as he is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : Just as I am sure you will be here with some stats that show he "Really" isn't as bad as he is.
    Posted by -*The-Babe*-

Oh I love the manipulation of stats for argument purposes....its legendary here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In Response to Re: Tons of Positives : Just as I am sure you will be here with some stats that show he "Really" isn't as bad as he is.
    Posted by -*The-Babe*-

Are you kidding?  moonslav's the guy who keeps telling us Crawford is a glorified platoon player who Theo overpaid by 50 million.  You've got the wrong guy on this one.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Posted by -*The-Babe*-

You have no clue. I have been criticizing CC since day one. It was a horrible signing. I have called him a "glorified platoon player" and have been catching grief for saying it.  I have said that even if CC hits his norm for 7 years, he'd be overpaid by about $50M.