Tony Lee @ NESN: Lowrie Not The Starting SS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Tony Lee @ NESN: Lowrie Not The Starting SS

In Response to Re: Tony Lee @ NESN: Lowrie Not The Starting SS:
    [QUOTE]Softlaw predictions? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPNZ7v3UrCc&feature=related
    Posted by harness[/QUOTE]

That's amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Hey, Slav, stop bullying an old poster. Now, let's get into the reasons why you claim that the Pirates would consider paying 6M for JD Drew?

My comment with Tom was sarcasm. A little early to start talking about how much a team would pay for a lousy first 3 weeks from a new contract. The case his cited is like a dime compared to Crawford, and Ellsbury is currently worse.

Now, I want to hear you expalain why the Pirates would consider paying millions for JD Drew?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

Let's see. The team is 6-11. And the "non-starting SS" has won how many of them? Half? More?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Hey, Slav, stop bullying an old poster. Now, let's get into the reasons why you claim that the Pirates would consider paying 6M for JD Drew?

Isee your radoing comprehension or misrepresentation of my position is the same as always. I said we could trade Drew fr a prospect and pay $8M of his deal, then flip that prospect to Pittsburgh.

I know it's hard for you, but please "try to follow along".

My comment with Tom was sarcasm. A little early to start talking about how much a team would pay for a lousy first 3 weeks from a new contract. The case his cited is like a dime compared to Crawford, and Ellsbury is currently worse.

Now, I want to hear you expalain why the Pirates would consider paying millions for JD Drew?

See above....clown!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

You need to follow along, Slav. There isn't anyway 8M is going to be paid for Drew, your diversion attempts not withstanding. It's hard to hide stupidity, Slav.

Now, why is your hero Wakefield deserving of an active roster spot over Aceves? Or Wally, for that matter?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpikeCunn5. Show SpikeCunn5's posts

[QUOTE]You need to follow along, Slav. There isn't anyway 8M is going to be paid for Drew, your diversion attempts not withstanding. It's hard to hide stupidity, Slav. Now, why is your hero Wakefield deserving of an active roster spot over Aceves? Or Wally, for that matter?
    Posted by BaseballGM[/QUOTE]

Did I miss something I read that the red sox would pay 8 M not get it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Drew is getting about 14M. There is no way anyone is paying 6M of it. Do you get that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from glumandrew. Show glumandrew's posts

Trade Drew? What joy would my uncle Andrewmitch have in coming to the forum if Drew wasn't on the team? I seriously think that he would go to the forum of the team that Drew was traded to.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Did I miss something I read that the red sox would pay 8 M not get it.

Yeah, reading comprehension was never one of softy's strong points.

14 - 8 = 8

Way to go softy. Like I said, please try to follow along.

(I'm laughing now, softy, not wound up in anger.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

I'm not Softy, and there is no way they are paying millions on Drew's contract. You are angry, old, and senile. Maybe you can work as Wakefield's yard man.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nice try. You said no way another team would pay $8M, when I was saying $6M. Now you act like you said something else. Classic softy.

Your act is tired and lame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I notice there was no split for RHP on Lowrie. End of story.

Not caring so much on the splits.  Would you want someone with a .600 OPS if he hit .600 from both sides, or would you want someone with an .840 OPS, even though he had a .950 from one side and .730 from the other?  That and the fact that he has no extensive history of having weakness from one side or another.  His minor league splits were flat, and his splits over the past two seasons are fine.  And I don't much care what his splits were in 2009.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Lowrie went from lucky hot to 1-5. Amazing what RHP will do.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

And Scutaro went 0-5.
    Amazing what right-handed pitching will do.

Lowrie scored the tying run and drove in the last one.

...and UR still sucking wind.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

No, he did not "drive in" the last one. He hit a weak bloop that was so shallow Pedroia was almost thrown out at home.

Scutaro was outstanding on defense. Lowrie was bouncing balls to 1st.

Lowrie hit .200, and was fortunately not at SS for the nifty plays that Scutaro made.

Burrito has you pegged, Harness. Varitek was sucking some of your wind, on a record breaking zero average and can't find the ball or move on a bunt.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

What a luxury to have a multi-position player who can slot in at 3rd base without too much for the Nation to fret about.

Great game by J-Low last night. He advanced Ortiz to third by pulling first pitch to the second baseman.  The players in the dugout all crowded around to thank him b/c they know he didn't try to be the hero, and it will not show on stat sheet.  Wonderful tough 10 pitch at-bat for sac fly. Winner. The cork is about to "pop".

The Youkilis and Pedroia injury scares are a timely reminder of why you don't trade away depth.  

Legendary Battle: Sam Fuld versus Jed Lowrie

These days, if you're a fan of Major League Baseball and follow anyone on Twitter blogging about baseball, then you're surely aware of a legendary battle taking place amongst the hashtags.

First out of the gates was the
    #LegendofSamFuld, dedicated to Tampa Bay Rays' outfielder Sam Fuld as he burst onto the baseball scene as a result of the Manny Ramirez retirement fiasco. A recent 12-game stretch of Fuld's produced these eye-opening stats: .420 BA (21/50), 6 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 5 RBI, 8 R, 7 SB, 3 BB, 3 K along with many defensive gems and a string of "legends" the likes that haven't been seen since Chuck Norris. Here's a sample of a few gems:
    • Sam Fuld eats Chick-Fil-A on Sundays.
    • Superman wears Sam Fuld pajamas.
    • Sam Fuld can divide by zero.
    • Honus Wagner bought a Sam Fuld rookie card at auction.
    One of the most memorable moments during Fuld's legendary ascent was in a game against the Boston Red Sox in which he only needed a single to complete hitting for the cycle and adding his name to the Rays' record books forever decided to stretch a ninth-inning single into a double and there was no turning back from his legendary status.

While the Sam Fuld legend was growing, a new legend was being birthed in Boston for their own cult hero, Jed Lowrie, with the
    #LegendofJedLowrie hashtag. Lowrie is in the midst of his own eye-popping offensive assault over his last nine games: .531 BA (17/32), 2 2B, 3 HR, 11 RBI, 9 R, 0 SB, 1 BB, 5 K, spurring legends such as these:
    • Jed Lowrie doesn't have a shadow.
    • Unicorns drink Jed Lowrie's blood to stay hidden and magical.
    • Harry Caray has decided to come back to announce a game with
      Jed Lowrie playing

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from silversteinsox. Show silversteinsox's posts

[QUOTE]What a luxury to have a multi-position player who can slot in at 3rd base without too much for the Nation to fret about. Great game by J-Low last night. He advanced Ortiz to third by pulling first pitch to the second baseman.  Dugout all crowded around to thank him b/c they know he didn't try to be the hero, and it will not show on stat sheet.  Wonderful tough 10 pitch at-bat for sac fly. Winner. The cork is about to "pop". The Youkilis and Pedroia injury scares are a timely reminder of why you don't trade away depth.  
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Exactly and yet you have threads on here debating on whether Scutaro or Lowrie should be traded or if Cameron is needed as a fourth outfielder. It seems as if they never heard about a depth chart or valued the concept of depth. Without depth last year the Sox would never has been competitive up to the final week. Great game last night.

Sections
Shortcuts