Tony Massarotti Says The>

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Tony Massarotti Says The>

RedSox Are A Laughingstock, A Clown Car Full Of Calamity......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Tony Massarotti Says The>

Tony Mean This.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Tony Massarotti Says The>:
    [QUOTE]RedSox Are A Laughingstock, A Clown Car Full Of Calamity......
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

If Tony My-Azz -rot said jump of the bridge would you? Who really cares what he thinks? EXCEPT YOU !!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tony Massarotti Says The /> : If Tony My-Azz -rot said jump of the bridge would you? Who really cares what he thinks? EXCEPT YOU !!
    Posted by donrd4[/QUOTE]

Calm Down 4, Dont Get Your Panties Al Wadded Up,

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Mean This.. ...    
    Posted by 56redsox[/QUOTE]

If you took a very good look at the photo, you'll see Mark Melancon on the left and I think that is Andrew Bailey on the right.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

And in today's Q&A Cafardo says that Valentine will be back next year.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If BV isn't Curly Joe, then stooges don't exist.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]And in today's Q&A Cafardo says that Valentine will be back next year.
    Posted by pumpsie-green[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised, pumpsie, disillusioned, but not surprised. LL can't admit he made a mistake. He should be gone, as well, IMO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Tony Massarotti's hyperbole is not what the Red Sox need at this moment.

Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath. The serious challenges facing the Red Sox should be viewed as opportunities. The Sox may have temporarily fallen into mediocrity while the organization gathers its ingenuity and resources to plot a return to an esteemed place in baseball circles.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : Wouldn't be surprised, pumpsie, disillusioned, but not surprised. LL can't admit he made a mistake. He should be gone, as well, IMO.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I am on the fence about Valentine. Not so with LL and Cherries; both of them should be relieved of their responsibilities. They put Valentine in a no win situation. Then V did a mediocre job with it. I think it would be reasonable to see what he can do with a coaching staff of his own choosing, more decision making authority over the roster and roles of the players, and a better group of ball players. He was handed dog feces and asked to make filet mignon.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Bobby V is not a good manager.  Lucchino seems like an ego maniac.  Cherry is young.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : I am on the fence about Valentine. Not so with LL and Cherries; both of them should be relieved of their responsibilities. They put Valentine in a no win situation. Then V did a mediocre job with it. I think it would be reasonable to see what he can do with a coaching staff of his own choosing, more decision making authority over the roster and roles of the players, and a better group of ball players. He was handed dog feces and asked to make filet mignon.

maybe, but will a second year help BV better his relationships with the players and media?If he does come back, will re-affirm my belief they're waiting for Farrell to become available. That said, the team is in need of more than a manager or player, to become relevant again. As far as BC, may be too soon to say, after one year, limited resources and what he inherited. Another year, will better tell the story.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : maybe, but will a second year help BV better his relationships with the players and media?If he does come back, will re-affirm my belief they're waiting for Farrell to become available. That said, the team is in need of more than a manager or player to be relevant again. As far as BC, too soon to say after one year and limited resources. Another year, will better tell the story.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Cherington was taught by the guy who left this franchise in the mess its now in. If they do not clean house then this team will continue to be irrelevant for many many years. I would not be opposed to getting rid of Valentine if LL and BC also go, along with Beckett.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : Cherington was taught by the guy who left this franchise in the mess its now in. If they do not clean house then this team will continue to be irrelevant for many many years. I would not be opposed to getting rid of Valentine if LL and BC also go, along with Beckett.

I'll be surprised if one goes, let alone four. Won't get a new GM, as long as LL is in charge of BB operations. One more year like this one, heads will roll down Yawkey Way. Not sure fans can take another one, either. The bandwagon will be empty soon.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : If you took a very good look at the photo, you'll see Mark Melancon on the left and I think that is Andrew Bailey on the right.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

Really? They look more like Larry Lucchino and Bill James to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : I am on the fence about Valentine. Not so with LL and Cherries; both of them should be relieved of their responsibilities. They put Valentine in a no win situation. Then V did a mediocre job with it. I think it would be reasonable to see what he can do with a coaching staff of his own choosing, more decision making authority over the roster and roles of the players, and a better group of ball players. He was handed dog feces and asked to make filet mignon.

Lucchino is far and away more responsible for the existing situation than Cherrington, who is taking his orders from Lucchino. I'm not saying that either one should be fired, however, Lucchino needs to stick to his strengths, marketing and ball park improvements, and stay away from baseball decisions. Allow Cherrington to do the job he was hired to do without interference. If he isn't up to it, then fire him.
    Arguably, Valentine was put in an untenable position. but he did accept that position, and he has handled it poorly. Not so much his on field decisions, but his statements regarding Youkilus and the one regarding free agents coming to Boston, for examples. It's one thing to make such comments as an employee of ESPN. It is quite another to make them about the team you are managing. Can anyone really be surprised that there is a disconnect between him and his players that has led to dissention?
    As for referring to players, human beings, as dog feces, to that I strongly object. Certainly there are problems with them as well, but i fail to see how giving Valentine another year with coaches of his own choosing is going to do anything to resolve the current situation.

Personal note: See. I responded to your entire thread. It's not difficult.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Exactly!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tony Massarotti Says The /> : Exactly!
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

See post directly above your last one.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Tony Massarotti's hyperbole is not what the Red Sox need at this moment. Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath. The serious challenges facing the Red Sox should be viewed as opportunities. The Sox may have temporarily fallen into mediocrity while the organization gathers its ingenuity and resources to plot a return to an esteemed place in baseball circles.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

And explain how they will get there? Keep in mind your starters under contract are Beckett ($17M), Lackey ($16.5M), Lester ($11M), Buchholz and Doubront.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Little doubt Valentine will end up being the fall guy.  That's the nature of the job. 

But I agree he is far more sinned against than sinning.  The FO took away Pap and Bard and expected him to create a new bullpen, which he made a decent job of.  The frontline starters have struggled on and off the entire season.  The 2/3 of the lineup has been on and of the DL, including right now the LF, DH, and 3B, all three of whom were hitting well and in Ortiz's case great.  Last year's AL lineup MVP, Ellsbury, missed half the season and still isn't back to the 2009 level, let alone 2011.  If these injuries had hit the Sox last year and the rotation been as bad and Pap/Bard been unavailable to the bullpen, Francona would have had a losing season. 

The first fix is getting most of these guys back next year healthy.  The second fix is to get one good starter to go with Lester and Buchholz and maybe even Beckett.  The third fix is to allow next year's manager to pick his own coaches. 

If the FO does that, chances are the Sox will be back to 90-97 wins in 2013. They had 92 last year with mostly the same pitching (plus Pap and Bard in the bullpen) and a similar lineup except Ells was amazing,which might not happen again.