Too Many All-Stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lovetruth007. Show lovetruth007's posts

Re: Too Many All-Stars

agree. starters really dont' mean much in the game. That is ridiculous.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from william93063. Show william93063's posts

All a result of political correctness(every team MUST have a representative) as well as more negotiating rights for union members come contract time, "my client is a 5 time Allstar" blah, blah, blah!  What a joke!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I'm just glad they haven't made up American League and National League uniforms. Didn't really get to see most of the game, but I love the fact that you can tell what team a player is on. Maybe to everyone else it was obvious, but not to me.

Btw, I heard Miguel Cabrera was injured. That's the worst thing to happen when you're playing in a (somewhat) exhibition game. Still don't know what happened to him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In Response to Re: Too Many All-Stars:
    [QUOTE]AS teams should be about fans only, with just 9 starters and 2 IF and 2 OF backups. Manager picks 2 starters, 1 middle relievers, 2 setup guys and 2 closers. No extra innings, just a pitching machine and 2 players in a 10 bat hr derby.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

You should see my post in "What would be a better way of determining home field advantage" thread.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Too Many All-Stars:
    [QUOTE]I'm just glad they haven't made up American League and National League uniforms. Didn't really get to see most of the game, but I love the fact that you can tell what team a player is on. Maybe to everyone else it was obvious, but not to me. Btw, I heard Miguel Cabrera was injured. That's the worst thing to happen when you're playing in a (somewhat) exhibition game. Still don't know what happened to him.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]hey Kim, i said the same thing, his AB started as i went to take a call, i came back  and was like WTH happened to MCab?...i later found out he left with stiffness in his side

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Back in the day the game didn't need any contrived reasons for trying, the leagues themselves were seperate entities. Did you know that back in the sixties that there was only a short period of time when a team from the AL could trade with a team in the NL. They had seperate umpires and league presidents, and most players spent their whole careers in just one league, so there was more pride in playing the game and playing to win. It was not uncommon for players like Mays and Aaron playing all nine innings, same would be true in AL. The game back then was played in the afternoon, imagine that and was must see tv, now with the explosion of games on espn, mlb, and direct tv, there is no mystery to the event. Before I might see Willie Mays on tv 6 times a year now I see Pujols 6 times a week. 
         To answer your question there are way too many all-stars I would allow a 30 man team, with non of this little league non-sense that every team must be represented. A player could only be replaced if he went on the DL otherwise you play with the original 30. The fact that roughly 25% of the players didn't show up is a disgrace.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Rather than complain about it, just do what I do.

Ignore the game.

If enough people do it, they will change it.

But people won't ever do what is right, they are simply sheep , who just do what everone else does.

That's why when the NFL finally resolves their differences and they all march proudly to the bank , when they all flaunt Mercedes Benz, bling, and huge mansions in front of your eyes....stuff they buy with the money the poor suckers who can't live without football hand over to them...as they cry for more because they are "not treated fairly" (ridiculous), That is why all these NFL sheepfans will go proudly marching back to the very people who are sticking it to them and sticking it to them bigtime!

If enough of you sheep start ignoring the All Star game, they will get the message.

But none of you will do this? Will you?...so then you have to ask yourselves just one question....do I feel lucky?....well do ya?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

There was a time when some of the stars didn't play at all, and the starting pitchers went three innings. Before interleague play, this game meant much more than it does now, even without the home field advantage in WS play (which I think is a farce).
    The only thing I might change in this game would be that starting players should be allowed to re-enter one time, to prevent what happened in 2002 again.

Sections
Shortcuts