Top 3 for #7

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Top 3 for #7

If we started 2,761 JBJ threads, then we can at least have several draft threads.  I thought maybe it would be fun to list our picks for who the Sox will pick in the draft.  No prizes just for HaHa's, bragging rights, or fun. 

These are my 3 in order of probability.

Meadows/Frazier/Stewart

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Top 3 for #7

My 3 in order of preference. Bryant, Stewart, Stanek.

Mandolin player and reluctant admirer of the New York Yankees

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Tell me about it!!  The 'Let the kids play' threads need to go away......

I'm thinking if all 3 are available:

1) Moran (safe....very solid player and may be the most CURRENT accomplished hitter in the draft.....just not as big a ceiling)

2) Stewart (High ceiling but something about him scares me off.....for some reason I keep thinking about Bard when I think of Stewart....wrong I know....just a vibe)

3) Frazier (love the Frazier idea but the Sox tend to shy away from HS talent that may sign up for college)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

1) Moran (safe....very solid player and may be the most CURRENT accomplished hitter in the draft.....just not as big a ceiling)

2) Stewart (High ceiling but something about him scares me off.....for some reason I keep thinking about Bard when I think of Stewart....wrong I know....just a vibe)

3) Frazier (love the Frazier idea but the Sox tend to shy away from HS talent that may sign up for college)

I'm not trying to go against your #3 point because Frazier is admitedly my binky, but I can see the Sox going for a highschooler if one of the top guys fall to them.  Historically the Sox past drafts would suggest college pick, as they are more likely to go after college guys.  However the Sox have NEVER been in this position before, so they may do something different here.  It will be very intersting to see.

For the record, I like almost ALL of the names being thrown around, even the ones I don't want us to take.   If Frazier Stewart and Shipley are all gone at #7 then assuming Appel, Bryan and Grey are also off the board I'd be very happy with Moran. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm not trying to go against your #3 point because Frazier is admitedly my binky, but I can see the Sox going for a highschooler if one of the top guys fall to them.  Historically the Sox past drafts would suggest college pick, as they are more likely to go after college guys.  However the Sox have NEVER been in this position before, so they may do something different here.  It will be very intersting to see.

For the record, I like almost ALL of the names being thrown around, even the ones I don't want us to take.   If Frazier Stewart and Shipley are all gone at #7 then assuming Appel, Bryan and Grey are also off the board I'd be very happy with Moran. 

[/QUOTE]

All good points.  I would LOVE Bryant but I just don't see Minn or Col passing up on him.  Frazier has a ton of raw talent.  Some say he has the most raw talent they have seen in a draft in years!  Pretty high expectations for such a young kid.  I wonder what his mental makeup is like? 

Sections
Shortcuts