5. Manager Farrell's inability to make decent hitting/pitching moves late in the game. Maybe he's snake-bitten, maybe his players just stink but every pinch hitting, running, and pitching change seems to end up badly.
4. Grady turns back into a pumpkin. Did you really think he was going to pick up where he left off four years ago? I did. The reality is sad and killing the Sox and he might be a notorious part of history if this group keeps up the lameness.
3. Gomes - He had us all convinced that he was the common denominator of recent championships but he looks like a platoon player who plays outfield like a middle schooler. The swagger is gone.
2. Ben's dealings. Being in a coma this past hot-stove wasn't smart considering you lost the entire middle of your team. But panicking and signing Drew was dumb and the fact that it meant moving a hot Bogie to 3B and overpaying for his services that no team wanted was beyond dumb. The 2012 Ben is back.
1. Clay - Fragile, lifeless, gutless, and filled with imaginary demons that bedevil him. A perfect symbol of the 2014 team thus far.
As always - 100% correct!