Top 5 pitchers to stay away from

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxfan1967. Show soxfan1967's posts

Top 5 pitchers to stay away from

Most posters on this board like to list FA's to sign.  Let's try a new twist.  Which pitchers woud you stay away from.

1.  CJ Wilson.  Too much $
    2.  Darwish (if posted) - must I remind everyone of Dice-K and Igawa
    3.  Any pitcher with NYY last season.  If they were any good NY would have re-signed them
    4.  Vazquez.  Oh yeah like he can pitch in the AL East
    5. Garland

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Top 5 pitchers to stay away from

Agree with you with these five pitchers!!

I never want Wilson!!! He will be just like LAckey/Zito/Burkett!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Top 5 pitchers to stay away from:
    Most posters on this board like to list FA's to sign.  Let's try a new twist.  Which pitchers woud you stay away from. 1.  CJ Wilson.  Too much $ 2.  Darwish (if posted) - must I remind everyone of Dice-K and Igawa 3.  Any pitcher with NYY last season.  If they were any good NY would have re-signed them 4.  Vazquez.  Oh yeah like he can pitch in the AL East 5. Garland
    Posted by soxfan1967

Good list to avoid. I think the only Yankee FA pitcher from last year that is still out there is Colon. I really don't think that we would want him. Although he probably wouldn't do any worse than Lackey has done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

1. Tim Wastefield

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Most posters on this board like to list FA's to sign.  Let's try a new twist.  Which pitchers woud you stay away from.

1.  CJ Wilson.  Too much $
      A-GREED
    2.  Darwish (if posted) - must I remind everyone of Dice-K and Igawa'
      Must I remind you of Oki?
    3.  Any pitcher with NYY last season.  If they were any good NY would have re-signed them.
      Why didn't NY keep Aceves?
    4.  Vazquez.  Oh yeah like he can pitch in the AL East
      Certainly looks like he can't.
    5. Garland
      Not high on my radar.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 pitchers to stay away from:
    1. Tim Wastefield
    Posted by hankwilliams

I can just see Hank in his basement, some 20 year old neon lights flickering in the background-searching out websites and threads to post 'Wastefield' into.  Right now, there are confused Patriot fans wondering why some guy named Hank is complaining about some guy named Wastefield on a Patriots website.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

1) Kyle Weiland, 2) Felix Doubront, 3) Tim Wakefield, 4) Andrew Miller, 5) Alfredo Aceves (as a starter).

Of course I'm being facetious ... Wakefield could be a last resort.

Still, the Red Sox need to fill out a starting rotation behind Josh Beckett, Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Right now, there are confused Patriot fans wondering why some guy named Hank is complaining about some guy named Wastefield on a Patriots website.

Joe, at least you make an attempt at humor. Far from "The Fly", from a true genius, but at least you get a federal pass grade for effort. Letter grades are not allowed......................... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Actually, Javier Vazquez might not be a bad fifth starter.

He is getting older, and won;t be the high K/BB [pitcher he usually is, but one season with the Yankees is no reason to disregard a pitcher completely.

Certainly, I'd rather have a better pitcher, but it is easy to do worse...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Actually, Javier Vazquez might not be a bad fifth starter. He is getting older, and won;t be the high K/BB [pitcher he usually is, but one season with the Yankees is no reason to disregard a pitcher completely. Certainly, I'd rather have a better pitcher, but it is easy to do worse...
    Posted by notin

Actually, he had 2 lousy seasons with the Yankees. No thanks. He is not cut out for the AL East.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Offer Vazquez 1 year and 1M plus incentives.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Avoid Derek Lowe.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Top 5 pitchers to stay away from:
    Most posters on this board like to list FA's to sign.  Let's try a new twist.  Which pitchers woud you stay away from. 1.  CJ Wilson.  Too much $ 2.  Darwish (if posted) - must I remind everyone of Dice-K and Igawa 3.  Any pitcher with NYY last season.  If they were any good NY would have re-signed them 4.  Vazquez.  Oh yeah like he can pitch in the AL East 5. Garland
    Posted by soxfan1967

Daiuske is World Series champion and went 18-3 one year, to call him Kei Igawa is comical.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Top 5 pitchers to stay away from : Actually, he had 2 lousy seasons with the Yankees. No thanks. He is not cut out for the AL East.
    Posted by jrh1194

His 2004 was not bad.  He was an All Star that year.

Of course, at nearly 8 years ago, it is also irrelevant either way.

Still, hen Bris Capuano is getting $5mill and Hideki Kuroda is asking for $12-13mil, Vazquez is worth talking to...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Top 5 pitchers to stay away from : Daiuske is World Series champion and went 18-3 one year, to call him Kei Igawa is comical.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

THe two are completely unrealted.  Daisuke didn't set the world on fire.  Igawa cost the Yankees $50mill and won two games.  Lumping them together is borderline racial.

Itss like saying the Sox should avoid CJ Wilson because Jon Garland isn't very good...

Sections
Shortcuts