Top seed screwwed by playoff format

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Top seed screwwed by playoff format

Mentioned that in another thread.  Absolutely correct!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenPartyCelt. Show GreenPartyCelt's posts

Don't be surpised if one or two important close calls go the Yankees' way tomorrow night, and are found wanting on the replay....Not that I think the MLB system has any WWE qualities....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

You oughta be satisfied by now ... you finally removed the ticks from your back sides.

Real life story referenced there: Many moons ago, an Eagle Scout in my troop, got a tick stuck to his patoot during spring jamboree 1967.  Our Scoutmaster, just happened to be his dad, used it as a teaching moment.  Called us all together to show how to properly remove a tick .... very funny.  A hot match head   a few seconds later did the trick...                                                

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Yankenstein2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The top-seeded teams got so screwwed by major-league baseball. First the top-seeded teams, the Yankees and Nats, had to sit around for three days, cooling off anyone hot, like Cano, and causing rust in the pitching staff, which fortunately did not bite the Yankees. But, if either top=seeded team wins in five games - the Yankees now have done so, they have to play the next day. As a result, their number one starter won't get to pitch until Game 4 of the CS if he goes on four days rest and will get to pitch only once on four days rest - or he has to pitch on three days rest for Game 3 or Game 7 (more likely Game 3). Perhaps even worse, the number 3 starter won't be ready to pitch in Game 2 on four days rest so they have to pitch him on 3 days rest or go to their fifth starter. If some team has these disadvantages, it shouldn't be the top-seeded team. For the Yankees, Kuroda does much better with longer than four days rest, so I'd think that he would be very challenged to pitch well on three days rest. Lastly, if the top-seeded teams won and had to use their bullpen heavily in Game 5, they would be at a big disadvantage vs the other team that won the ALDS in five game and had a day to rest their entire bullpen. This one doesn't bite the Yankees because CC pitched a complete game, but it might be nice to have the bullpen rest two days. We will see about the Nats (I don't care about St. Louis - they are a wild card team - if they win and you want to handicap them by making them walk to San Francisco from Washington after the game, fine by me). Who do the Yankees use as their starting pitcher in Game 2? David Phelps? I think it is ridiculous that the top-seeded team has a disadvantage going into Game 1 of the Division Series by being off for three days. I think it is far more ridiculous that the top-seeded team has a incredibly huge disadvantage in the Championship Series if all the series go to five games and the top-seeded teams wins game 5. In the Championship Series, if some team has these disadvantages with their Game 1 and Game 3 starters from the Division Series and with their bullpen, it shouldn't be the top-seeded team in each league. Does anyone running things for MLB have a brain? That was a rhetorical question.

[/QUOTE]

You answered your own question... Does MLB have a brain?.... They must because they don't care what you think...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Yankenstein2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The top-seeded teams got so screwwed by major-league baseball. First the top-seeded teams, the Yankees and Nats, had to sit around for three days, cooling off anyone hot, like Cano, and causing rust in the pitching staff, which fortunately did not bite the Yankees. But, if either top=seeded team wins in five games - the Yankees now have done so, they have to play the next day. As a result, their number one starter won't get to pitch until Game 4 of the CS if he goes on four days rest and will get to pitch only once on four days rest - or he has to pitch on three days rest for Game 3 or Game 7 (more likely Game 3). Perhaps even worse, the number 3 starter won't be ready to pitch in Game 2 on four days rest so they have to pitch him on 3 days rest or go to their fifth starter. If some team has these disadvantages, it shouldn't be the top-seeded team. For the Yankees, Kuroda does much better with longer than four days rest, so I'd think that he would be very challenged to pitch well on three days rest. Lastly, if the top-seeded teams won and had to use their bullpen heavily in Game 5, they would be at a big disadvantage vs the other team that won the ALDS in five game and had a day to rest their entire bullpen. This one doesn't bite the Yankees because CC pitched a complete game, but it might be nice to have the bullpen rest two days. We will see about the Nats (I don't care about St. Louis - they are a wild card team - if they win and you want to handicap them by making them walk to San Francisco from Washington after the game, fine by me). Who do the Yankees use as their starting pitcher in Game 2? David Phelps? I think it is ridiculous that the top-seeded team has a disadvantage going into Game 1 of the Division Series by being off for three days. I think it is far more ridiculous that the top-seeded team has a incredibly huge disadvantage in the Championship Series if all the series go to five games and the top-seeded teams wins game 5. In the Championship Series, if some team has these disadvantages with their Game 1 and Game 3 starters from the Division Series and with their bullpen, it shouldn't be the top-seeded team in each league. Does anyone running things for MLB have a brain? That was a rhetorical question.

[/QUOTE]

CAn you guys win without whining?

Your pitching staff getsd rusty with 3 days off?  The AS break was a killer, huh?

And I noticed you think its unfair that the Yankees cannot throw Sabathia in game one, but missing Verlander is not the same?

By the way, whio is the 3 days off a disadvantage but the quick start for the next series also a disadvantage?  Is there any satisfying you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Believe me that if the Yankees had been eliminated in this new playoff format, there would have been changes to the format. Everything is geared for getting the Yankees into the playoffs, so they can maximize TV ratings and advertising money. I use to feel baseball was fair years ago but I no longer feel that way anymore. The Yankees pick up these aging guys and they do phenomenal, Ibanez, Colon (although we now know what was going on there), their own Petite looks dominant again, as is Kuroda. 

That training regimen that the Yankees use is amazing, they should patent it and sell it like the Navy Seals Workout. I have more aches and pains from military service in Iraq and am in phenomenal shape, but these guys all defy the aging process and get better with age. I am wondering if it is something else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Was colon even ped tested when he was with NY?

everybody was skeptical then too.

Sabathia had a huge strike zone the other night.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to AL34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Believe me that if the Yankees had been eliminated in this new playoff format, there would have been changes to the format. Everything is geared for getting the Yankees into the playoffs, so they can maximize TV ratings and advertising money. I use to feel baseball was fair years ago but I no longer feel that way anymore. The Yankees pick up these aging guys and they do phenomenal, Ibanez, Colon (although we now know what was going on there), their own Petite looks dominant again, as is Kuroda. 

That training regimen that the Yankees use is amazing, they should patent it and sell it like the Navy Seals Workout. I have more aches and pains from military service in Iraq and am in phenomenal shape, but these guys all defy the aging process and get better with age. I am wondering if it is something else.

[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if you have lived your entire life with your mouth and rectum reversed at birth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It must be the same miracle aspirin TW, Yaz & Tiant were taking. I hear it works in a few hours and lasts for a season; sour grape-itis personified.

Gracious does not exist in your repertoire; I wouldn't have expected anything less.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It must be the same miracle aspirin TW, Yaz & Tiant were taking. I hear it works in a few hours and lasts for a season; sour grape-itis personified.

[/QUOTE]

What???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

One ridiculous comment instigates another

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

May be best to take the high road and let it go. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It shouldn't. May be best to take the high road and let it go. 

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, I'm wrong. Let me explain the comment, however. A few days after Ichiro came to the NYY, this miserable crank of an excuse for a fan accused Ichiro of taking PEDs (in his customary roundabout fashion) as soon as he got to the clubhouse. Anybody who knows anything about them knows they (ie, steroids) don't work that quickly; that was the 1st time I used the aspirin comment.

TW had a magnificent yr in '57, Yaz also later on & Tiant as well. It was a feeble retort, of course. Now recently even Hank Aaron admitted to taking greenies from time to time, but in those days, most of them did, and it wasn't considered a big deal then, not that that exonerates them. I'm sure Mick took em to get over hangovers and hurts for example. But that's a subject for a different day.

[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, I'm wrong. Let me explain the comment, however. A few days after Ichiro came to the NYY, this miserable crank of a fan accused Ichiro of taking PEDs (in his customary roundabout fashion) as sson as he got to the NYY. Anybody who knows anything about them knows they don't work that quickly; this was the 1st time I used the aspirin comment.

TW had a magnificent yr in '57, Yaz also later on & Tiant as well. It was a feeble retort, of course. Now recently even Hank Aaron admitted to taking greenies from time to time, but in those days, most of them did, and it wasn't considered a big deal then. I'm sure Mick took em to get over hangovers and hurts for example. But that's a subject for a different day.

[/QUOTE]

No need to explain, steven. We've all been there, at some point, over the years. It's the hazards of a forum, with rival fans of rival teams. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What???

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're right, I'm wrong. Let me explain the comment, however. A few days after Ichiro came to the NYY, this miserable crank of a fan accused Ichiro of taking PEDs (in his customary roundabout fashion) as sson as he got to the NYY. Anybody who knows anything about them knows they don't work that quickly; this was the 1st time I used the aspirin comment.

TW had a magnificent yr in '57, Yaz also later on & Tiant as well. It was a feeble retort, of course. Now recently even Hank Aaron admitted to taking greenies from time to time, but in those days, most of them did, and it wasn't considered a big deal then. I'm sure Mick took em to get over hangovers and hurts for example. But that's a subject for a different day.

[/QUOTE]

No need to explain, steven. We've all been there, at some point, over the years. It's the hazards of a forum, with rival fans of rival teams. 

[/QUOTE]

Yes; you are wise

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

so nhsteven how is that Internet love affair with kimsaysthis going? U2 still in battling bliss?

Sections
Shortcuts