Topic: Manager of the year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Re: Topic: Manager of the year

I'm going with what he's fielding on a team at night. Figured they would be 10 games under .500.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

Maybe you can explain something to me.  Farrell didn't meet with great sucess in toronto so why were the fans so mad he left.  I believe that an unhappy player or coach will not be at their best so let them go.  Toronto disagrees with me but why?

I think it was more about being upset that he would rather be else where

than what they were loosing

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to georom4's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Farrell and Francona are the two guys that are in the runniung for that award.

Have to wait and see where both teams end up.

The Sox won 69 games last year so Im thinking JF...but Francona is coaching for the Indians...if they stay over .500 he should be up there as well

But can you imagine how Toronto fans are going to feel? LOL  I guess the way Philly fans felt after 2004/2007

[/QUOTE]

Toronto fans were killing Boston fans letting us know how bad we would be with Farrell and how good they would be. I dont feel sorry for those fans that said that. Some toronto fans can be pretty obnoxious. They sold the future for last place. LOL...Too bad, so sad.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can explain something to me.  Farrell didn't meet with great sucess in toronto so why were the fans so mad he left.  I believe that an unhappy player or coach will not be at their best so let them go.  Toronto disagrees with me but why?

[/QUOTE]

I imagine their fan base has to be really frustrated at this point, so anything/one to lay blame on seems to be how they do things, whether it makes sense or not. Im glad farrell went there first so he could figure out all the do's and dont's before he came here. No learning curve.

[/QUOTE]

I'm glad he went there first also although couldn't get used to seeing him in a jay's uniform! I don't blame them for being frustrated, this was supposed to be their year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

I think it was more about being upset that he would rather be else where

than what they were loosing

Of course he would rather be in boston, the best baseball city in the majors Wink

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Hey '67, on another topic ... I was in Blacksburg last week. Never ceases to amaze me how much the campus has changed over the last few years.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I'd say Tito, but I wouldn't argue too hard against Farrell or Melvin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

Hey '67, on another topic ... I was in Blacksburg last week. Never ceases to amaze me how much the campus has changed over the last few years.

I have not been there since my son graduated.  It is a beautiful campus so I hope all the changes are good ones.  I can't get over how amazing the state schools are in virginia. They look more like private schools and the level of education is great. 

I went to Umass boston when it was in downton boston, that was alot of fun! It wasn't the same when they moved to dorchester, nice view but not as much fun.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

I have not been there since my son graduated.  It is a beautiful campus so I hope all the changes are good ones.  I can't get over how amazing the state schools are in virginia. They look more like private schools and the level of education is great. 

I went to Umass boston when it was in downton boston, that was alot of fun! It wasn't the same when they moved to dorchester, nice view but not as much fun.

[/QUOTE]

I think the state schools are going to start kicking butt on the privates.  I think folks are waking up to the fact that, unless you're in STEM student, it is difficult to have a private school pay off.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

In response to BOSOX1941's comment:

Though I've always been a Terry Francona guy -- I fail to see how any Red Sox fan couldn't be, given the two titles and all, but that's another debate -- it has to be John Farrell at this point. From 69 wins last year to an MLB-leading 55 just past the this season's midpoint, that's pretty impressive. The demeanor of this team is completely different.

But I cannot emphasize the words "at this point" enough. There's a reason they vote on these awards after the entire season is played.

Good to see another francona guy!  I thought he should have won in 2004.  He brought a WS win to boston after all.

My husband read francona's book.  He said bukholtz was quoted as saying that farrell was tough on the pitchers and they were a bit afraid of him.  That's a good thing!

"He brought a WS win to Boston after all"    OMG, even he said that he inherited a championship team. They could have won it all the year before except for Pedro's inability to hold the opposition when he was spent.  Actually the Sox underperformed under Terry. They were a loaded team and they should have been in 2 or 3 more WS during his tenure. No team should constantly have to WIN IN SPITE OF their manager the way the Sox had to under Terry. Farrell is an absolute upgrade over TERRY and hopefully he'll completely stop doing what TERRY did when Farrell was his pitching coach. We don't want the opposition counting on the "Farrell Factor" as an offensive advantage for them the way they learned to count on "The Francona Factor" for 8 years

Even though he managed last season, they should make an exception and give the Manager of the Year Award to Bobby Valentine, who doesn't recieve any credit for turning around this team and organization and making this season possible for John Farrell to just step into after the groundwork had already been laid.  Unfortunately, last season the Red Sox LOST IN SPITE OF Valentine's sagacious leadership.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Sheriff-Rojas' comment:

[QUOTE]

Though I've always been a Terry Francona guy -- I fail to see how any Red Sox fan couldn't be, given the two titles and all, but that's another debate -- it has to be John Farrell at this point. From 69 wins last year to an MLB-leading 55 just past the this season's midpoint, that's pretty impressive. The demeanor of this team is completely different.

But I cannot emphasize the words "at this point" enough. There's a reason they vote on these awards after the entire season is played.

Good to see another francona guy!  I thought he should have won in 2004.  He brought a WS win to boston after all.

My husband read francona's book.  He said bukholtz was quoted as saying that farrell was tough on the pitchers and they were a bit afraid of him.  That's a good thing!

"He brought a WS win to Boston after all"    OMG, even he said that he inherited a championship team. They could have won it all the year before except for Pedro's inability to hold the opposition when he was spent.  Actually the Sox underperformed under Terry. They were a loaded team and they should have been in 2 or 3 more WS during his tenure. No team should constantly have to WIN IN SPITE OF their manager the way the Sox had to under Terry. Farrell is an absolute upgrade over TERRY and hopefully he'll completely stop doing what TERRY did when Farrell was his pitching coach. We don't want the opposition counting on the "Farrell Factor" as an offensive advantage for them the way they learned to count on "The Francona Factor" for 8 years

Even though he managed last season, they should make an exception and give the Manager of the Year Award to Bobby Valentine, who doesn't recieve any credit for turning around this team and organization and making this season possible for John Farrell to just step into after the groundwork had already been laid.  Unfortunately, last season the Red Sox LOST IN SPITE OF Valentine's sagacious leadership.  

[/QUOTE]

LOL

What a nightmare last year was...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He'll get an honorable mentionTongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He'll get an honorable mentionTongue Out

[/QUOTE]

The FO probably told the players they were keeping BV, if they didn't straighten out. Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Indeed, the state schools are  so nice. Tech, William and Mary, VCU, George Mason ...  even that little school in Charlottesville is nice if you can't get  into those others.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think the state schools are going to start kicking butt on the privates.  I think folks are waking up to the fact that, unless you're in STEM student, it is difficult to have a private school pay off.

[/QUOTE]

My younger son went to tech and in four and a half years he had a masters in accounting and his CPA shortly after.  He came out debt free and has a great job making great money.  I know some people who went to private schools and have between 90 and 200 thousand dollars in debt.

My older son went to mason and has a job in engineering and also has a good job making good money and he was debt free after school also.

My husband and I also went to state schools and we have done very well.  I'm a proponent of state schools!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Indeed, the state schools are  so nice. Tech, William and Mary, VCU, George Mason ...  even that little school in Charlottesville is nice if you can't get  into those others.

[/QUOTE]

My sons went to mason and tech and could not be happier with their education.  I have wonderful memories of tech except for the cho shooting.

Sections
Shortcuts