Torii Hunter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Torii Hunter

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My concern is BenC's lack of action when it appears he needs to act.

He has the money to spend. He has to take action. I do realize, we as fans know very little about the behind the scenes info, but my concern is Ben just doesn't take the needed step to close the deal. 

If I'm the GM--I'm after Hunter and Ichiro. I'm looking at possibly Cabrera and Masterson from the Indians. My other pitching targets: Baker, Haren, Kuroda--I would settle for one of those three pitchers.

[/QUOTE]

That right there Mad, says it all. There is so much more information they have access to that we as fans never will. This is a process and it takes time. More time than some fans would like unfortunately. BC knows how this process works. Hes not some green novice at this, although some here would like to think so. Now, if Feb. rolls around and were still missing a couple pieces to the puzzle, then I would starts making some noise...

Jasko also hit on the low possibility of each of the pitchers you mentioned. Not sure the fascination with Masterson...Hes a bottom of the rotation pitcher...Best suited in the bullpen IMO.

[/QUOTE]

he eats innings (something our starting roatation needs!) and has good potential. he loved boston and wanted nothing more than to stay with the team (he cried when he was traded to the indians). a return to the team could be good for him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

He has the money to spend. He has to take action. I do realize, we as fans know very little about the behind the scenes info, but my concern is Ben just doesn't take the needed step to close the deal. 

If I'm the GM--I'm after Hunter and Ichiro. I'm looking at possibly Cabrera and Masterson from the Indians. My other pitching targets: Baker, Haren, Kuroda--I would settle for one of those three pitchers.

[/QUOTE]

That right there Mad, says it all. There is so much more information they have access to that we as fans never will. This is a process and it takes time. More time than some fans would like unfortunately. BC knows how this process works. Hes not some green novice at this, although some here would like to think so. Now, if Feb. rolls around and were still missing a couple pieces to the puzzle, then I would starts making some noise...

Jasko also hit on the low possibility of each of the pitchers you mentioned. Not sure the fascination with Masterson...Hes a bottom of the rotation pitcher...Best suited in the bullpen IMO.

[/QUOTE]

he eats innings (something our starting roatation needs!) and has good potential. he loved boston and wanted nothing more than to stay with the team (he cried when he was traded to the indians). a return to the team could be good for him.

[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with that as long as hes in the pen. he can eat all the innings he wants, but Im not satisfied hes a good starter. LHH still kill him. With that said, hes still young and its still possible.

I like Masterson, just not convinced with him as a starter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have no issue with that as long as hes in the pen. he can eat all the innings he wants, but Im not satisfied hes a good starter. LHH still kill him. With that said, hes still young and its still possible.

I like Masterson, just not convinced with him as a starter.

[/QUOTE]

his numbers aren't terrible. and i believe him cominb back to boston will help. he is not a piece that will put us over the top but he most certainly will help the back end of our rotation and at least have a game where the SP doesn't go 5 2/3 innings.

there is a list of guys i'd want ahead of him but he would be a good backup plan

even if we had to stick him in the BP i would be OK with that too. have depth in case a starter goes down

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to SindarinEribor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

3) WEEI’s Rob Bradford reports that the Red Sox have interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter , a good friend of David Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

If that is true, then I hope it is only for a year with an option for a second year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

3) WEEI’s Rob Bradford reports that the Red Sox have interest in free agent outfielder Torii Hunter , a good friend of David Ortiz.

[/QUOTE]

If that is true, then I hope it is only for a year with an option for a second year.

[/QUOTE]

if we get hunter do you think that means we're out on ross?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Ross really is looking for 3/25 I certainly hope we're out. At least at that price.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to carnie's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If Ross really is looking for 3/25 I certainly hope we're out. At least at that price.

[/QUOTE]

i don't think any team will give that to him.. MAYBE 3/18 but even that is unlikely. i would only jump on ross on a 2 year deal. definitely not 3 unless its an option

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to play Ross in right next year, so it's possible that Hunter plays right with Ross in left.  Ross can obviously play right on occasion, but he's not an option as a full time right fielder .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to play Ross in right next year, so it's possible that Hunter plays right with Ross in left.  Ross can obviously play right on occasion, but he's not a option as a full time right fielder .

[/QUOTE]

i also like the possibility of victorino. i don't think hes going to get a long nor a hefty contract and he mashes lefties..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They aren't going to play Ross in right next year, so it's possible that Hunter plays right with Ross in left.  Ross can obviously play right on occasion, but he's not a option as a full time right fielder .

[/QUOTE]

i also like the possibility of victorino. i don't think hes going to get a long nor a hefty contract and he mashes lefties..

[/QUOTE]

He's a possible option, but I think he's a fit in a lot of places (Both NY teams, Atl, Balt, SF, Wash, etc.).  He may end up getting a better deal than he should.  There's also the possibility he'll want to play center, which is another issue.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

left                               center                                                                         right                

Ross                             Ells 2013 until deadline/Bradley 2014 & beyond            Hunter

Ain't so bad.  I like.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Philly is looking to bring him back there too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

An OF od Ross LF  Ells CF and Hunter RF for 2013 would be ok by me.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Is Hunter going to sign on the cheap? No. How many 37 year olds do you turkeys want? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow! How can you say that? Ells is  a question mark, Hunter is old, and Ross probably hit 20/65... it would be the worse infield we have had since 1993.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1993.shtml

The above link is the team you will get this year if th GM listens to you all. Hunter? Youk? Bay? Likely many of you were also clammering to re-aquire Lowe last year.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow! How can you say that? Ells is  a question mark, Hunter is old, and Ross probably hit 20/65... it would be the worse infield we have had since 1993.

[/QUOTE]

Especially considering they're all outfielders

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yeah that is a bad bad bad outfield. Ross may go down in numbers without much surprise (see his career numbers) and Elles I have no idea but Hunter won't as much at all to the offense.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

But It might be a good outfield :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1993.shtml

The above link is the team you will get this year if th GM listens to you all. Hunter? Youk? Bay? Likely many of you were also clammering to re-aquire Lowe last year.

[/QUOTE]
    There was zero support for returning either Bay or Youk to the roster on those threads.

[/QUOTE]

I never said I wanted Bay or Youk...As far as Hunter goes, if we can get him at the right price I have no problem with it. We will just agree to disagree.