Toronto at it again

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Toronto at it again

Melky signed for 2/16...seriously? 16M?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/11/blue-jays-to-sign-melky-cabrera.html

edit: Looks like myself and Hill posted at exactly the same time...I beat ya by 15 sec Hill ;)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: Toronto at it again

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

edit: Looks like myself and Hill posted at exactly the same time...I beat ya by 15 sec Hill ;)

[/QUOTE]

The Jays are not messing around this year.

It'll be interesting to see just how much better they play next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

If true, it is now officially time for the Blue Jays front office to be fitted for their straitjackets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

But the Bluejays have way too many risky players from being an often injure proned player to failed PED drug testing.  Wondering how well Melky can do without using PED.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Ive said this before. Now is the perfect time for Toronto to make their move... With NYY aging, Boston in transition, The Rays having no offense, everything going perfect for Baltimore (probably wont happen again in 2013), Now is the time to strike.

They will have to overpay players to come there anyway because of not being very competitive for a while and players having to pay much more in taxes.

Toronto has always had the financial backing and now they are using it to their advantage.

These might not be the best moves for some teams (Boston) but they are perfect for what Toronto is trying to do. They sacrificed part of their future giving up some some good prospects so they have to win it all in the next 2 years or it will be all for none.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Looks Like It, But They Dont Have Bobby Cox To Take Them To The Promise Land.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Farrell has to be reeling!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

he can look up Ben Johnson while in town.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Say what you want---they are making a concerted effort to be a better team in 2013. They are showing the FA market they want to win and they want to win now.  By adding JJ and Buerhle and the rumor is they are after Grienke--to go with some other pretty good starters.

If they don't win now , they don't but they are trying. Their "plan" is a different plan  than Ben's.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Say what you want---they are making a concerted effort to be a better team in 2013. They are showing the FA market they want to win and they want to win now.  By adding JJ and Buerhle and the rumor is they are after Grienke--to go with some other pretty good starters.

If they don't win now , they don't but they are trying. Their "plan" is a different plan  than Ben's.

[/QUOTE]

Toronto is in "win now" mode. They gave up a group of young talented kids, sacrificing part of their future to try and take advantage of the situation in Boston, the NYY aging roster, the O's unbelievable luck last year, and the lack of offense in Tampa. Also to gain more support from a dwindling fan base.

Its a smart and calculated move by the Jays, but if they dont win it all it will set them back a few years.

The Sox did this and it blew up in their face. Only difference is they were given a "get out of jail" card by the LAD. Toronto might not be so lucky.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

[QUOTE]

Toronto is in "win now" mode. They gave up a group of young talented kids, sacrificing part of their future to try and take advantage of the situation in Boston, the NYY aging roster, the O's unbelievable luck last year, and the lack of offense in Tampa. Also to gain more support from a dwindling fan base.

Its a smart and calculated move by the Jays, but if they dont win it all it will set them back a few years.

The Sox did this and it blew up in their face. Only difference is they were given a "get out of jail" card by the LAD. Toronto might not be so lucky.

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you southpaw777.    :)

Toronto led the majors in attendence in 1991, 1992 and 1993.  Now, less than half show up.  But these moves now have the organization and its fans excited.

Toronto's line-up and pitching staff for 2013 (taken from ESPN). 

SS Jose Reyes
    3B Brett Lawrie
    LF Melky Cabrera
    RF Jose Bautista
    DH Edwin Encarnacion
    1B Adam Lind
    CF Colby Rasmus
    C J.P. Arencibia
    2B Maicer Izturis (another nice pick up by the Blue Jays)

SP Mark Buehrle
    SP Josh Johnson
    SP Brandon Morrow
    SP Ricky Romero
    SP J.A. Happ
    CL Casey Janssen/Sergio Santos

If healthy, this team is going to win a lot of games and earn at least a wild card berth in 2013.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All over the news all over the papers and yahoos on here post stupid things like Melky signed with Toranto. Like nobody knows that already . Happens a lot on here. Do people think everyone is living under a rock?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

It's pretty clear the Blue Jays are going all in by taking on so many big contracts. Anything short of a wildcard berth will be considered a failure. Melky will probably revert to his post-PEDs .270 self as opposed to NL batting leader. Buerle and Johnson will have to face better hitters than in the NL and both will have to stay healthy for a run at the wildcard. I still think Tampa has a better staff and the Yankees have a better line-up (when healthy).

Just my two cents!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

All over the news all over the papers and yahoos on here post stupid things like Melky signed with Toranto. Like nobody knows that already . Happens a lot on here. Do people think everyone is living under a rock?

[/QUOTE]

Lighten up...I posted this the minute it came out yesterday...not my fault you read it a day late. Besides, thats part of what this forum is about, to discuss moves like this. Especially during Hot Stove time...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I will say their mngt. is taking a big gamble plus Roger's has money to burn. Must be nice in this economy. Also Roger's is monopolizing all the pro sports team in Toronto and  Roger's network is the big communication network in this neck of the woods.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

There are already rumors out there Buehrle may be on the block. 

I have to say it was a smart move to go after the Marlins players--when there is a fire sale there are bound to be some bargains, even JJ for one year may get them to the playoffs and the big prize. 

Out of the players the Sox got for their deal--Webster and Rubby DLR--may have a future--Sands has an outside chance. Loney FA and DeJesus may be DFA'd soon--probably getting through waivers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamme17. Show iamme17's posts

There is good news north of the border.Twinkies will NOT die!!!!! Another company owns the rights to make twinkies in canada and they intend to keep producing the product.Good stuff!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Is it possible for the whole division to play over 500 ?  uhmmm I think 4 out 5 can be over 500.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to iamme17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is good news north of the border.Twinkies will NOT die!!!!! Another company owns the rights to make twinkies in canada and they intend to keep producing the product.Good stuff!

[/QUOTE]

They need to import them. I wonder if they will taste like the real deal. there have been many replicas but nothing close to the real thing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's pretty clear the Blue Jays are going all in by taking on so many big contracts. Anything short of a wildcard berth will be considered a failure. Melky will probably revert to his post-PEDs .270 self as opposed to NL batting leader. Buerle and Johnson will have to face better hitters than in the NL and both will have to stay healthy for a run at the wildcard. I still think Tampa has a better staff and the Yankees have a better line-up (when healthy).

Just my two cents!

[/QUOTE]

Tampa has a better pitching staff than the Blue Jays.  But the Blue Jays have a much better line-up.  

As of now, I think the Blue Jays (with their youth and speed) have a better line-up than the Yankees.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to iamme17's comment:And
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They need to import them. I wonder if they will taste like the real deal. there have been many replicas but nothing close to the real thing.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks now I am craving a twinkie and Tim Horton's coffee. LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Is it possible for the whole division to play over 500 ?  uhmmm I think 4 out 5 can be over 500.

[/QUOTE]

Blt., TB, Toronto, Bst and NYY will be the most competive div. next season. Never count the Sox and Yanks out. Cashman and Cherry have the chess board in front of them waiting for other opponents to make their moves. These two teams ( Sox and Yanks ) know they have a dedicated fan base.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to boborielly224's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to iamme17's comment:And
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks now I am craving a twinkie and Tim Horton's coffee. LOL

[/QUOTE]

+1

Sections
Shortcuts