Toronto has twice as many injured players and a much lower payroll, how is it they are keeping up with the Red Sox?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Toronto has twice as many injured players and a much lower payroll, how is it they are keeping up with the Red Sox?

In Response to Re: Toronto has twice as many injured players and a much lower payroll, how is it they are keeping up with the Red Sox?:
    [QUOTE]Where? Lackey, Atchison. Bailey , Matsuzaka, Ortiz, Hill and Carpenter are the only Red Sox currently on the DL.  Remember Ellsbury and Crawford and Pedroria just came off of DL. The Yankees currently have 12 players on the DL. Including Mariano Rivera and Joba Chamberlain, easily bigger losses than Lackey and Matsuzaka.  Joba??  better than Lackey or Dice K.  you got to be kidding me!!  Joba sucks!! My point is about entire freakin season!!!!!!!!   Dont just look at "Oh 75% of the players are back, and they should be going undefeated starting two weeks ago.  That is not how it work.   There is no chemistry in the offense line up cuz one guy goes on DL and another guy come off on DL.  BV had to use so many differernt line up every day.  Once Papi come back at the same time if no one get hurt, then BV can start using same line up every day once it start clicking. Really this topic is the dumbest one I have ever seen!!!  There are few people here doesnt understand baseball.  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Include Mo in the conversation and the point is moot. Mo's injury alone wipes out this discussion. And I would take Joba over Lackey and Dice in a heartbeat considering their roles.

Injuries are part of the game. Boston has been hurt badly but has maintained a .500 record for the 1st half of the season. Anything can happen from here on out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Re: Toronto has twice as many injured players and a much lower payroll, how is it they are keeping up with the Red Sox?

Zilla is once again reporting about half of the actual news here.

Zilla, how many outfield combinations has Farrell had to play this year?  Do you need help?  It's eight.  Eight different combos.  Average in MLB is 7 different combos in a season. 

How many do you think Valentine has had to use?  24.  Yes, twenty four. 

Do the math and figure out why this is a telling stat.   It has to do with consistency.

It's not the total number of players on the DL, it's the quality and consistency of the roles they fill.  And even if it were the total number, the Sox have that covered, too.

Please, if you're going to take pot shots, have your stats covered.  The worst part for you here was Zac trying to come to your aid :)  Didn't help your argument.

3. This post has been removed.