Tough Challenge 2014 - Enter only if you dare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Tough Challenge 2014 - Enter only if you dare

There's best pitcher, best hitter, best catcher, etc.  I'm not asking that. Who is the Dave Roberts (or along those lines) of 2014? Who's the guy that may not be the most famous player, but a player that will make his impact on a team so clutch, so important, that he will be famous possibly forever for the fans of that team. Obviously, famous players can do that, and do.

This is a difficult question, I know, but it would be fun if someone could actually name who this could/will be.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Tough Challenge 2014 - Enter only if you dare

In case anyone is wondering, I don't just mean the Red Sox. Any team is fine. And I don't just mean pinch runners, although they can be included.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Rather unusual kimsaythis that you didn't make your prediction in your discussion or your post:

I will fall for the challenge and I hope he will be a RS player before too long, Justin Ruggiano?!<>

Justin is a RH bat that had plaed for Tampa early on. He plays all 3 OF positions and he hit 18 HR last season with 50 RBI.

He does most baseball  tasks well. Carried a .222 BA last season -he will hit higher in Boston. He would be a doubles machine and a threat to go deep/ I could see him fit in at a considerably lower trade tariff than Giancarlo. I would say perhaps an even up trade Mike Carp for Justin and we will be ready for the season.

He will be the Dave Roberts for the Boston RedSox in 2014.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Rather unusual kimsaythis that you didn't make your prediction in your discussion or your post:

I will fall for the challenge and I hope he will be a RS player before too long, Justin Ruggiano?!<>

Justin is a RH bat that had plaed for Tampa early on. He plays all 3 OF positions and he hit 18 HR last season with 50 RBI.

He does most baseball  tasks well. Carried a .222 BA last season -he will hit higher in Boston. He would be a doubles machine and a threat to go deep/ I could see him fit in at a considerably lower trade tariff than Giancarlo. I would say perhaps an even up trade Mike Carp for Justin and we will be ready for the season.

He will be the Dave Roberts for the Boston RedSox in 2014.

First let me say how brave you are to make your prediction, and thank you. It's a really hard question, and so hard to answer. And I understand your annoyance with me not including my own opinion. I don't like when posters do that as well when they create a thread.

I, admittedly, don't follow other teams as well as many here. My focus is actually on the Red Sox. I couldn't possibly name non-famous members of other teams. I just knew that others here probably could. I really just asked the question because there are so many more knowledgeable posters than I who actually may be able to predict this, and I thought it would be AMAZING and fun if it came true.

I almost have to exclude myself because of my Red Sox bias. :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

OK There's one BOLD statement about Justin Ruggiano. Hope it comes to pass. How fun would that be?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Peavy.  i think he is going to have a better than expected year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

Grady Sizemore! he's gonna be best surprise of this year.....fans are gonna be saying jacoby who?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:

Grady Sizemore! he's gonna be best surprise of this year.....fans are gonna be saying jacoby who?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA .......... Yes just forget Jacoby Ells,, ha ha ha ha ha ha 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

Hi Don.  how's his hammy?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I think Will Middlebrooks will have a breakout year with 25+ HRs and 100+ RBIs and carry a batting average of .290 - .300.He'll be more prepared for the season this year than he was last year.Plus,his new contacts should help him see the rotation of the ball more clearly at the plate

He's going to be an important piece to help the Red Sox repeat as champions this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

ah shaddup!! YellTongue Out...actually, it would be good for the game is Sizemore could recapture his pre-injury form....he was becoming a beast...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leftfielder61. Show Leftfielder61's posts

Henry Owens late season promotion - making an impact in the pen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I already predicted breakout seasons for middy and Doubie, so ill stick with them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I'm with slash, Peavy.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'll go with Cecchini.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Middlebrooks finally breaks through with a consistent year.  This is a make or break year for him, IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

If Sizemore stays healthy, LOOK OUT!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to soxdawg08's comment:

He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.  He seems like a good dude; I'm certainly pulling for the guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

He definitely has a chip on his shoulder.  He seems like a good dude; I'm certainly pulling for the guy.

Me too!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

There's best pitcher, best hitter, best catcher, etc.  I'm not asking that. Who is the Dave Roberts (or along those lines) of 2014? Who's the guy that may not be the most famous player, but a player that will make his impact on a team so clutch, so important, that he will be famous possibly forever for the fans of that team. Obviously, famous players can do that, and do.

This is a difficult question, I know, but it would be fun if someone could actually name who this could/will be.

I see four teams in our division who can win this division or grab the wilcard so it should be fun to watch.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

I can see him winning the "Comeback player of the year " award if he stays healthy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Josh Beckett

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Thanks for daring to enter your pick. Athough, some of those names are already well known. It's cool, I knew it was a difficult question.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

I see four teams in our division who can win this division or grab the wilcard so it should be fun to watch.

I agree, Craze. I think it's going to be great. Every season gets better because there's so much improvement for so many more teams.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to donrd4's comment:

laughing at my prediction eh donnie? yeah, your right. what was I thinking! 2 hits yesterday in baltimore and one of em a home run. and what is my ol analogy here? opinions are just like buttholes..........everybody's got one.........freaking yankeefan!

Sections
Shortcuts