tough start.but this team will turn it around.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxyjim. Show soxyjim's posts

tough start.but this team will turn it around.

the sox have way to much talent to play all year like this.when they do turn

it around they will take off.dont be surprised if the yanks fall victom to the

sox this weekend.i think the sox just might sweep them.its time to start a

run.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Re: tough start.but this team will turn it around.

In response to soxyjim's comment:

run.

I'll be happy with a split, at this point.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to soxyjim's comment:

run.

I agree we should turn things around if Farrell makes the proper adjustments like last season.  Last season Gomes and Nava together offensively were a decent LF with weak defense.  The problem is they are both playing badly at the moment and replaceable either way.  JBJ, Grady  and Shane would give us a much better chance of winning if the kid continues to hit.

With that said, again Middy is also showing us little durability, plate discipline and not the greatest 3B play while Bogy struggles playing SS so its a strong possibility of Middy being traded at some point.  All the more reason to transition kids like Betts and or Cecchini to see if they can play other positions.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

If we go into N.Y. and get swept, will that be a wake up call?  This club has not looked like world champs. They were a bad ball club in spring training. They have been a bad ball club so far this season. Hopefully, guys like Bradley and Bogaerts can help inject some life into the team. We can't keep saying that it is early in the season forever. Have to start playing better baseball. Last night, at least they showed some fight by battling back. They fell short, but maybe we can build on that.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

If we go into N.Y. and get swept, will that be a wake up call?  This club has not looked like world champs. They were a bad ball club in spring training. They have been a bad ball club so far this season. Hopefully, guys like Bradley and Bogaerts can help inject some life into the team. We can't keep saying that it is early in the season forever. Have to start playing better baseball. Last night, at least they showed some fight by battling back. They fell short, but maybe we can build on that.

Actually it stay early for a long time -- two months at least.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to royf19's comment:

Well, you can be ten games behind after two months. That is a tough hill to climb.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Well, you can be ten games behind after two months. That is a tough hill to climb.

Yes, 10 games back after 2 months is a (moderatley) tough hill to climb.  Right now we are 1.5 games back.

Clunky start, no doubt.  But, frustrating losses aside, I am seeing more projected good than bad:  bats in April are often inconsistent, I actually have zero doubt that the offense will pick it up.  Lester and Lackey look very strong.  And teh biggest important question marks are getting positive early answers:  Bogaerts looking like an all-star already, Sizemore looking like vintage Sizemore, and now Junior starting to lace the ball around a bit and looking great in his RF fill-in stint.

About the only thing I am 'concerned' about that doesn't have to do with just getting mojo working is Buchholz.  But even there, I am much happier with him getting shelled in a first start of Paril on a cold night because he was underthrowing than overthrowing.

I don't know man.  I mean, I get it.  They are not playing like World Champions at this early juncture.  But, I don't see anything to get worked up about.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from amishrockstar. Show amishrockstar's posts

I gets late early here.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Good start for Seattle, but I fear the Mariners "will turn it around."Smile

In other words, don't place great weight on the small sample.

Sections
Shortcuts