Trade coming this week @ GM's meeting......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Trade coming this week @ GM's meeting......

In response to darrylfries' comment:

Not crying. Ben a Red Sox fan since 1960. This is the worst group in management i can remember. Tell me how a career 260 hitter should play a lot. Gomes is a nice guy in the dugout.and a bum on the field. Get real DON'T BE A DUMMY ALL YOUR LIFE

He kills lefties and has a nice swing for Fenway. The phrase "a lot" really means nothing when he went on to say they plan on signing at least one more OFer, and possible another.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Gomes and D Ross make NO difference...the Punto and Melancon of 2013....

get a dam pitcher you front office salamis..a good one

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

we get it...you dont need to say "add another pither" in every post

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Just a well target Crisp Ells will be gone after this year. It will take years to dig out of this hole. I'll be watching the Nationals they have a real front office with a real owner.

Seeya

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Not crying. Ben a Red Sox fan since 1960. This is the worst group in management i can remember. Tell me how a career 260 hitter should play a lot. Gomes is a nice guy in the dugout.and a bum on the field. Get real DON'T BE A DUMMY ALL YOUR LIFE

Look at his stats vs LHP, he'll be platooned with kalish or Nava. Name calling? grow up...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

In response to notin's comment:

Salty and Aceves might have new uniforms next week, but I doubt Lester and Ellsbury are going anywhere...

I'm convinced Salty will be moved before the season starts, and I don't think Lavarnaway is going anywhere.  I don't see Lester and Ellsbury going anywhere either. 

Aceves could be moved in the right deal, but Farrell likes him and having a spanish pitching coach in Juan Nieves might help with him as well.  I just think they'd be selling low on a guy with a rubber arm and great stuff.  I don't think they are "trying" to move him, but we'll see I guess...

I think Lav is going. He'll bring back a better return depending on the teams needs. Aceves and Salty stay.

Ok, maybe just wishful thinking on my part :) Im a salty fan.

Realistically, I think it could be a Ross/Salty platoon with Lav getting as much playing time as he can in AAA. Lav needs a lot more work on defense. Personally, I think he would be better at 1b, but thats just me.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

So far, Ross and Gomes are fits as support role players. Ross was paid nearly double his market, but he is a fit. Gomes was paid about the limit of his vlaue, in a 2 year placeholder platoon OF role.

so you think gomes was right on value but shane victorino who is 5 times the batter and defender you value at 1-2 mil.... your so backwards its not even funny

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

At least one thing that notice about you georom 4, that you are sticking to your guns get some pitching. And i will second that suggestion, by saying, " great consistent pitching will take a team deep into the play-offs".

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Softlaw1's comment:

Victorino isn't a switch hitter and Gomes is a better RH hitter and has better OPS splits v LP and RP. 

But, since you are giddy about Victorino for 2013 on, let's get the amount you are going to offer him, including the years?

i never said i wanted victorino... just pointing out that player A > player B and yet you value player B 5 times as much as player A.

theres no sense in giving my offer because you will just shoot it down and say something stupid about big labor billion dollar baseball blah blah blah.

Sections
Shortcuts