Trade Deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

Trade Deadline

Here is what is going on around the league:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/trade_deadline/index_12.jsp

Ben is still in his jammies, sucking on his mommy's breast. He hopes someone will come over and ask him to play.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Re: Trade Deadline

In Response to Trade Deadline:
    Here is what is going on around the league: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/news/trade_deadline/index_12.jsp Ben is still in his jammies, sucking on his mommy's breast. He hopes someone will come over and ask him to play.
    Posted by harv53

Why do you assume that, harv?  Or do you have detailed insider knowledge as to which teams Ben is speaking?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Deadline:
    In Response to Trade Deadline : Why do you assume that, harv?  Or do you have detailed insider knowledge as to which teams Ben is speaking?
    Posted by Chilliwings

If he is speaking to anyone, why all the mystery? I mean, there is lots of speculation out there but none involving the RS. We know what just about every other team is attempting to do, but not this team.
    So, either he isn't doing anything or it threatens national security.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

I suspect that other general managers might want to take advantage of the current desperate straits of the Red Sox (as distinct from the relative inexperience of Ben Cherington).

Cherington might do well to avoid any major deals.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

According to Buster Onley on WEEI, a few minutes ago, there's nothing going on with the Sox, and he doubts they'll do anything major at the deadline.
    Great, so Timid Ben stands pat with a losing hand.
    Oh, Olney also said, Cliff Lee will be paid 90 million for the next three years!
    Not many teams can afford to trade for him. Certainly not a team that had to trade Marco Scutaro to make room to sign a dumpster dive pitcher.
    So, let's all get ready for the hand sitting front office to wait for Lester and Beckett to become Roy Haliday and Justin Verlander, and win the coveted one game playoff.
    Disgusting!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boomerangsdotcom. Show Boomerangsdotcom's posts

Cherington is going to pull the trigger on a starter. I don't think they have to but I think they will. It may not be anything spectacular but you never know!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer. Show beezer's posts

cherry is a putz-afraid to admit this team isn't going anywhere-1 huge glaring hole-starting pitching-he needs 2 starters, not plugs-who is he going to get, without morgaging the future. somebody nut him & start building for next year. good start would be bucket pitches semi descent tonite-texas looking at starters

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from harv53. Show harv53's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Deadline:
    I suspect that other general managers might want to take advantage of the current desperate straits of the Red Sox (as distinct from the relative inexperience of Ben Cherington). Cherington might do well to avoid any major deals.
    Posted by hill55

Let's face it. BC is a babe in the woods when it comes to this job. He has already been schooled by Hoyer, Williams, Luhnow, and Beane.
    You are probably right, better to "vote present" than commit to another screw-up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Sell! I don't know how many teams would pony up for the over-priced & under-achieving talent on this team but I'd listen to all offers for everyone on the roster. This team, as it is presently built, is going nowhere. It's a .500 team which, even if it made the playoffs, would get waxed in the 1st round. I don't see one reliable starter on the staff who could handle the Yankee lineup. And worst of all the team doesn't seem to have a winning chemistry, which shows up over and over when they're unable to hit in the clutch. It's just my opinion and I hate to be so downbeat but it's past time to blow this team up and start all over again. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yes we are empowered to make a big trade according to Lucky Larry, but God help Young Ben if he does cause Lucky Larry will not let him do it. We willl be in on everything and do nothing like we have all year including the off season. Young Ben is starting to remind me of Dan Duquette prior to picking up Manny Ramirez in 2001.

Sections
Shortcuts