trade Ellsbury before the season starts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: trade Ellsbury before the season starts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Many chips have to fall in place:

A bonafide contender loses their CF'der, Texas, Angels, Dodgers, Atlanta, Giants, Nationals prior to opening day. Ells is having a decent to good ST--trade worked out for a top AA, AAA pitching prospect with options. 

Depending on how good the prospect will determine how much salary the Sox have to eat--for Bauer or Wheeler type prospect, a fair amount.

Prior to the end of ST ideal for both parties, IMHO.

It's highly unlikely Jacoby is traded before the season starts, even if a team gets desperate enough to make an offer. I think Ben had his chances and didn't like the offers. Unless the next offer is better, I don't think Bradley's ST play has changed the equation that much in Ben's eyes.

It certainly has in many posters here. 10 ST games. Hmm...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

A bonafide contender loses their CF'der, Texas, Angels, Dodgers, Atlanta, Giants, Nationals prior to opening day. Ells is having a decent to good ST--trade worked out for a top AA, AAA pitching prospect with options. 

Depending on how good the prospect will determine how much salary the Sox have to eat--for Bauer or Wheeler type prospect, a fair amount.

It's highly unlikely Jacoby is traded before the season starts, even if a team gets desperate enough to make an offer. I think Ben had his chances and didn't like the offers. Unless the next offer is better, I don't think Bradley's ST play has changed the equation that much in Ben's eyes.

You have to admit, having the Dodgers "Irrational exuberance," spread and cause a team to make a crazy offer for Ells holds some sentimental appeal.

If somebody got crazy, i.e. The Dodgers bailing us out of a sinking super liner, and offered the Sox the world for Ells, I would go for it, and start JBJ.  What the heck! 

Now before all the teenage girls with their panties in a twist get all hot & bothered, WE KNOW IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!  Relax!  :)  Just fun to kick it around.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:

You have to admit, having the Dodgers "Irrational exuberance," spread and cause a team to make a crazy offer for Ells holds some sentimental appeal.

If somebody got crazy, i.e. The Dodgers bailing us out of a sinking super liner, and offered the Sox the world for Ells, I would go for it, and start JBJ.  What the heck! 

Now before all the teenage girls with their panties in a twist get all hot & bothered, WE KNOW IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!  Relax!  :)  Just fun to kick it around.

I wanted to trade Ellsbury as well, and stsill do, but I seriously doubt it happens before the season starts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I wanted to trade Ellsbury as well, and stsill do, but I seriously doubt it happens before the season starts.

Agreed!  We don't listen to the lunacy from Stiffy and his "side-kick," Billy-69, advocating the wholesale bairgain basement going out of business sale price give away of Ells.  We sit pat!   Pump up his value with a likely good - great first half of the season, then let the offers roll in!

:)  Stiffy just doesn't know good GM.  Plus, he's only been a pretend RS fan since when????  07?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to selenium-'s comment:

Agreed!  We don't listen to the lunacy from Stiffy and his "side-kick," Billy-69, advocating the wholesale bairgain basement going out of business sale price give away of Ells.  We sit pat!   Pump up his value with a likely good - great first half of the season, then let the offers roll in!

:)  Stiffy just doesn't know good GM.  Plus, he's only been a pretend RS fan since when????  07?

I told the forum this since 2007 and most wouldn't believe me. Many never heard of trolling and especially "concern trolling". They finally are seeing the light and truth about Softlaw and now even Georom. It takes a longer time for some than others, I guess. Welcome to the forum poster Marstan who is the father of "concern trolling". Enjoy.

You don't even realize you are trolling when you continously and obsessively try and out trolls.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

I told the forum this since 2007 and most wouldn't believe me. Many never heard of trolling and especially "concern trolling". They finally are seeing the light and truth about Softlaw and now even Georom. It takes a longer time for some than others, I guess. Welcome to the forum poster Marstan who is the father of "concern trolling". Enjoy.

You don't even realize you are trolling when you continously and obsessively try and out trolls.

soapbox mode: Engaged.

right on schedule, pike will start this forum messiah rants and eventually be banned. Only to return with several new monikers a few days later. It's as consistent as the changing of the seasons or the lunar cycle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

BINGO!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Why people troll:

http://www.osnews.com/story/25540/Why_People_Troll_and_How_to_Stop_Them/

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Selenium needs to "gain some equilibrium."  When I agree with him, and speak the company line, he acts like we're good buds.  When I say something outside the lines, something that could be construed as negative, he's fit to be tied.

Where are half of these guys from?  Certainly not Boston.  A true Bostonian could care less if you say something negative about a player from time to time.  That's what we do!  We blow off steam.  We often us hyperbole. 

Those who are unaware of this uniquely Boston way of communicating are the TRUE PINK HATS!  The bandwagon crew.  So please shut the _____ up about MY TEAM!  MY PLAYERS!  You're new to the dance, so just sit down & shut up for a while.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Outing trolls and "concern trolls" is wrong in your opinion? Do you want outsiders coming here who pretend to be Sox fans and are not to be applauded?. Most on the forum are now aware ( finally) that Softlaw is not and never was a Sox fan but was only pretending to be. You have called him a pretend Sox fan yourself .  Most here now have a similar opinion on Georom. Many came to such conclusions without listening to me for five years. The outing was based on their reading of thousands of posts and they came to their own logical conclusions.

My definition of trolling is directed at posters questioning players with phony, fake, staged concerns. I have NEVER chronically bashed a player or management and all are aware of that.. Many however  do not appreciate the fact that I point out those who do that ( chronically).. I pinpoint posters who come here with an agenda to bash players and sox staff 24/7. 

Moonslav, there is no doubt in my mind that you are a huge Red Sox fan and remember minutia about specific players for the last 40 years. You also do extensive research and provide great detail  through much effort, sweat, and time spent.  You are indeed valuable to the forum --- but.

You seem to be defending those who come here ( other than Softlaw) who want to incite, inflame, bash, and stir the pot. Is it because your priority for a lively forum trumps everything else? For you it is " My Forum, right or wrong, MY Forum. You seem to think that it is kosher and acceptable for posters to attack players and ownership but it is verboten for some posters to attack posters who do that?   Shouldn't there be a system of checks and balances of posters? If all players are fair game in your opinion to be insulted, bashed, and be victims of chaeacter assasination - then why not apply that same principle to forum posters.  Who needs a forum full of pretend Sox fans?

OUTSIDERS?  Seriously!?!?!???    The closest to Boston I'd put you is Connecticut.

Give it a rest!  YOU ARE THE OUTSIDER! 

Where are you from.  Answer or sit down & shut up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

As expected....  No answer from Selenium???  Definitely not from Boston!  No guts!  Won't say where the OUTSIDER is from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

As expected....  No answer from Selenium???  Definitely not from Boston!  No guts!  Won't say where the OUTSIDER is from.

people from outside of Boston aren't allowed to be sox fans?? that's pretty ignorant view of things IMO..

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

people from outside of Boston aren't allowed to be sox fans?? that's pretty ignorant view of things IMO..

mef429,

Dude!  You seriously need to chill out & learn to take thing in context. 

When a guy like Selenium PLAYS the "concern troll," to use the parlance, acting like Don Quixote and tilting at windmills (i.e. calling out anybody who says a negative thing about a Red Sox player, THUS constantly questioning your loyalty (intentions), then..........................

THAT NITWIT sure as hell gets to have his credentials questioned!

Comprende???

Do I now need to link you to the word CONTEXT?

living in boston is a credential to be a sox fan? that's all i'm asking.

there are many other ways to question his credentials without bringing up something weak like geography......

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

RedSoxDirtDog is like the guy at every staff meeting who just loves to hear himself talk and not address the issue or solution. RSDD loves to tell us all that he hates Lackey but hopes that he does well. OK, we heard it, write it down. Horray, we all now are aware of the fact thatRedSoxdirtDog feels that way. Many in RSN feel the same exact way, so what is different here? What is different is that RedSoxdirtDog feels compelled to tell us this every day as if we don't hear him. We get it.

Pike,

You are a strange cat!  I now get why folks wonder about your stability.  So long as everybody agrees with you & doesn't knock a single Red Sox Player, EVER, you're cool.  You act like your best friends depending on the day.  Just like you have with me.

Say one unauthorized thing, & you snap!  WEIRD!  A bit desperate.  Definitely a concern troll!  Who made you defender of all things Red Sox?  Who made you site moderator? 

You really are EXACTLY LIKE Don Quixote, tilting at windmills.  Dude!!!!!  You need to read it!  You might get some insight into yourself.  Just read.....  period.

Dude!  You simply have to get a grip!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

i'm not siding with either of you. i think your both unnecessary..

and your clearly the one who is too sensitive... if you don't believe me just look at your responses to my posts about you. Jeez, you'd think i just slapped your grandma with how offended you got.

and you tell ME to lighten up.... HA!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

and your clearly the one who is too sensitive... if you don't believe me just look at your responses to my posts about you. Jeez, you'd think i just slapped your grandma with how offended you got.

Fair enough!  Truce

As I've said, I'm not a starter, but I can really close.  OK  Too much heat.  I know you are generally a great Red Sox fan, & a pretty sane guy.  I just hate the "concern trolling," as some like to coin it. 

The way I grew up, in the real world of Boston Red Sox fandom, everybody vented about players who were "killing us."  On this site, guys just get nutty when you bag on anybody.

Sorry for my over-reaction with you!  You're ok!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Fair enough!  Truce

As I've said, I'm not a starter, but I can really close.  OK  Too much heat.  I know you are generally a great Red Sox fan, & a pretty sane guy.  I just hate the "concern trolling," as some like to coin it. 

The way I grew up, in the real world of Boston Red Sox fandom, everybody vented about players who were "killing us."  On this site, guys just get nutty when you bag on anybody.

maybe you can be rational after all :)

don't worry about pike. his schtick will get him banned soon enough

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Fair enough!  Truce

maybe you can be rational after all :)

don't worry about pike. his schtick will get him banned soon enough

Living out of state, I love coming here to talk / vent / gripe / cheer for my beloved Red Sox.  I hate when the "concern trolls," come out to censor genuine concern.  It's bizzzzzare! 

At least I now finally have taken note of who & what this Pike character is, and what he does.  It's weird!  I don't know REAL people who are like this.  REAL people who actually give a rats ________ about folks staying in line.  Towing the company line.

Usually I watch these guys & laugh....  Today I went a little offfff! 

My bad.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

Pike still has not figured it out

he is a troll.

I know!

He's a troll trolling trolls (or perceived trolls).

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

he is a troll.

I know!

keep up that talk moon and he will call you a troll next. (actually, he already has)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

he is a troll.

I know!

keep up that talk moon and he will call you a troll next. (actually, he already has)

Pike/Selenium actually suggested that I was Harness one time...now THAT was funny.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts