Trade for Jesus "The Next Babe Ruth" Montero?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyLefty. Show JohnnyLefty's posts

Trade for Jesus "The Next Babe Ruth" Montero?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/pagefour.html would you trade for him? Maybe try and fix him down in the minors and get him out of Safeco Park? He was considered one of the best prospects in Baseball for a long time, and he is still just turned 24 in November.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Trade for Jesus

didn't he get suspended fpr PEDs?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Heck no our current dh is far superior. So far Montero is a total bust.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Typical overhyped Yankee prospect like Hughes, Chamberlain, Monterro and Gardner. No I would not make a deal with Seattle. The Yankees overhype their prospects like they did in the 80s Bam Bam Muelins, Henry Cotto, Paul Mirabella, Kevin Maas, Sam Milatello, and Steve Balboni. Teams use to guve them top players for over hyped rookies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

Yes. And he was mentored by ARod supposedly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to AL34's comment:

Typical overhyped Yankee prospect like Hughes, Chamberlain, Monterro and Gardner. No I would not make a deal with Seattle. The Yankees overhype their prospects like they did in the 80s Bam Bam Muelins, Henry Cotto, Paul Mirabella, Kevin Maas, Sam Milatello, and Steve Balboni. Teams use to guve them top players for over hyped rookies.

This is true. I don't know why teams haven't figured that out yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

Hey AL34---what's the issue with Brett Gardner---I'm not a Yankee fan but I like Gardner as a player. I don't remember the hype associated with him, some of the other players yes. I would take Gardner as the Sox CF'der any day. He can play all OF positions and is a threat on the bases. The one thing he lacks , like Ells, is a strong arm. He's a tough, gritty competitor.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

In response to MadMc1944's comment:

Agree. See him alot on YES here in CT. Good player. Yanks turned down a deal supposedly for Bandon Philips of Reds. So they must think something of him. Probably want a pitcher, because he's about the only chip they have?

Hey AL34---what's the issue with Brett Gardner---I'm not a Yankee fan but I like Gardner as a player. I don't remember the hype associated with him, some of the other players yes. I would take Gardner as the Sox CF'der any day. He can play all OF positions and is a threat on the bases. The one thing he lacks , like Ells, is a strong arm. He's a tough, gritty competitor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If Jesus still costs what he cost when he was traded (Michael Pineda), then no way.  If the Mariners are willing to take either Peavy or Dempster and some cash from the Sox, then I don't see why not.  Send either Peavy or Dempster plus $3-4M to the Mariners for Jesus Montero.  Sox would drop about $10M from the payroll.  Jesus is still very young and has ability to turn things around quickly.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Gardner didn't break in with a lot of fanfare...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I would take a shot on him if it only cost Peavy or Dempster.....I would definitely pick up Gardner.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

They can have flutter ball pitcher Steven Wright.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Ian Kennedy, Mark Melancon, Austin Jackson, and Ty Clippard have all had decent careers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I wouldn't touch any yankee with a ten foot pole; especially a guy who came up through their farm system.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

Gardner didn't break in with a lot of fanfare...

Very true and he's turned into a very solid player. I always hated to see him lead off any inning against us. In the outfield he is a better defender than Ell's. Takes a much bette route to the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

50 games.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Yes, Montero was once an elite prospect.  So was Brandon Wood.  Should we get him too?

In fact, Wood is a better fit as a SS/3B.  (Still no)

Sections
Shortcuts