Trade for Jose Reyes

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Trade for Jose Reyes

Lowrie is injury prone;  Scutaro is only a short term answer. And Iglesias has not proven that he will be a solid major league hitter. I don't want a one dimentional player at short. He's batting .230 at Pawtucket. Use Inglesias as a trade chip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

Re: Trade for Jose Reyes

In Response to Trade for Jose Reyes:
    [QUOTE]Lowrie is injury prone;  Scutaro is only a short term answer. And Iglesias has not proven that he will be a solid major league hitter. I don't want a one dimentional player at short. He's batting .230 at Pawtucket. Use Inglesias as a trade chip.
    Posted by fir.eballer58[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.  It will stick it to the Yanks for the next ten years for sneaking in the back door with Scott Boras to steal Arod and Teixiera.  Reyes is amazing and he refuses to let his agent go in favor of Boras.  The Yanks would make a move for Reyes except old Jeter is there and they can't screw him.  Lol. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The kid is only 21..Theo invested 8mil in him and he will get his chance..He just needs to develope some pitch recognition..That will come..Why give up Igleseas for a 3 month rental?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Nah.  Production is coming from other positions. 

Trade for a pitcher, if they must.  Pen or rotation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

What was Ozzie Smith's career BA? Or Mark Belanger? Reyes is a head case, and we already have a pretty good leadoff hitter.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: Trade for Jose Reyes:
    [QUOTE]Nah.  Production is coming from other positions.  Trade for a pitcher, if they must.  Pen or rotation.
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

That was my opinion, too. But, when Reyes becomes a free agent at the end of the year, the Yankees will likely spare no expense to get him. He'll replace Derek Jeter at SS, and will be their new lead-off hitter. Jeter will DH, and bat second. What a scary combination that would be. Here's how revamped Yankee line-up would look:

1.) SS Reyes
         2.) DH Jeter
         3.) 1B Texiera
         4.) 3B A-Rod
         5.) CF Granderson
         6.) 2B Cano
         7.) RF Swisher
         8.) C Martin
         9.) LF Gardner

Very scary. The ox might have to consider taking a run at him...if for no other reason than to raise his price to the Yankees. Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/5411/jose-reyes   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I can not believe people are worried about next year and we are just over 1/3 of the way through this year.
    As for this year you do not give up what seems to be a great defensive SS for a 3 month rental. Especially not one you will have tied up very cheap for several years.Nor do you give up more of the farm.

All is OK if they need to and they don't right now, they can bring him up. We know they will get the defense and not have to worry about the offense.

STOP WORRYING they have won 13 of 15

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Jose Reyes :      That was my opinion, too. But, when Reyes becomes a free agent at the end of the year, the Yankees will likely spare no expense to get him. He'll replace Derek Jeter at SS, and will be their new lead-off hitter. Jeter will DH, and bat second. What a scary combination that would be. Here's how revamped Yankee line-up would look:      1.) SS Reyes      2.) DH Jeter      3.) 1B Texiera      4.) 3B A-Rod      5.) CF Granderson      6.) 2B Cano      7.) RF Swisher      8.) C Martin      9.) LF Gardner      Very scary. The ox might have to consider taking a run at him...if for no other reason than to raise his price to the Yankees. Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/5411/jose-reyes    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I also believe Reyes will be a Yankee.  Right now they are spotlighting Nunez who is starting to play pretty well but chances are "like most of their kids" he will probably won't be a Yankee very long.  Posada is all done next season but as good as Reyes can be, Jeter probably won't give them much as a DH.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

I just can't be worrying about the Yankees.  This year or next.  They will have more concerns than ss in 2012.
    Sure, they are always there and have a great team, but the Sox are who I am proud to be a fan of.

They also happen to be rockin it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxforlife22. Show soxforlife22's posts

not saying i want to get reyes, because i dont. But if we were to trade for him, it would not be a 3 month rental. He would be extended, much like what we did with adrian, except that this trade would be during the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 26RINGSANDCOUTING. Show 26RINGSANDCOUTING's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade for Jose Reyes :      That was my opinion, too. But, when Reyes becomes a free agent at the end of the year, the Yankees will likely spare no expense to get him. He'll replace Derek Jeter at SS, and will be their new lead-off hitter. Jeter will DH, and bat second. What a scary combination that would be. Here's how revamped Yankee line-up would look:      1.) SS Reyes      2.) DH Jeter      3.) 1B Texiera      4.) 3B A-Rod      5.) CF Granderson      6.) 2B Cano      7.) RF Swisher      8.) C Martin      9.) LF Gardner      Very scary. The ox might have to consider taking a run at him...if for no other reason than to raise his price to the Yankees. Here are his stats: http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/5411/jose-reyes    
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    DEREK JETER Laughing

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Reyes is tempting, but I agree with Chuchos ... we appear to need a pitcher more than a SS.  Plus a swatting RH bat to play right field sure would look good.    Cam and JD really are the low point on this team.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

IMHO, you're overemphasizing his walk year stats.  What were his stats in the 3 previous years?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Very scary."

Aww c'mon! Cowering about the Yankees and what they will look like next year? Let's show a bit more attitude than that. Why walk around hoping we don't get kicked in some future scenarios? We'll be in the game too. And the Yankees aren't the only team we need to worry about either. 

Not to mention the Yanks will have their share of pitching issues to address across the board next year. Eventually Rivera is going to break down. Now that's more scary to Yankee fans as anything. 

But as far as bidding the price up on Reyes, of course we should do that. But not because we are quaking in our boots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Let the Yankees have him.  Reyes at 1 and Jeter at 2 is NOT that scary to me.  And Reyes's attitude and antics will test Girardi's patience and disturb the Yankee mystique. 

With Posada gone and Jeter on the down side of good, that team will have a very different feeling and sense of history come next season.  Reyes will bring his losing ways to a flailing clubhouse in search of an identity and new leadership.  Sounds like a recipe for turmoil to me.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

This isn't fantasy baseball.

From what I gather, some fans would like to see something like this?

Ellsbury and Iglesias for Kemp

Lowrie and Renaudo for Reyes

1) Reyes
    2) Pedey
    3) AGon
    4) Kemp
    5) Youk
    6) Ortiz
    7) Craw
    8) Drew
    9) Salty

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Not a bad lineup if you are setting your roster for MLB 2010. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Need I point out to those who still think a trade for Reyes is 1) desirable and 2) feasible, that Reyes makes $11 million this season, while Lowrie is making 450 thousand?  And if Ellsbury were traded for Kemp, thatwould mean the Sox obtain two contracts worth over 18 million dollars to take the place of two guys whose total salary is less than 3 million? 

If you run a real baseball team  that kind of expenditure does not make sense, particularly when offense is NOT an issue and pitching depth is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

No way, Jose. If you want a Met, go after Beltran- he is doing better than Drew ind is a year and a half younger.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from b126962. Show b126962's posts

And, not ind.

Sections
Shortcuts