Trade For These Guys?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Trade For These Guys?

Avisail García (OF) White Sox

OR

Dayan Viciedo (OF) White Sox

These two players could be available. They are young with some upside potential. I would rather deal for them then some older players with high priced contracts such as Alex Rios

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Re: Trade For These Guys?

The next 8-9 days should go like this:

1) Offer to extend Lester at up to about $125M/5 or $145M/6 tops.

If he says yes,

2A) Trade Peavy and Gomes for prospects and give Workman, de la Rosa and Ranaudo/Webster some (more) starts.

3A) Look to trade some prospects for a player that can help us this year and beyond.

4A Do not trade good prospects for 2 month rentals.

If he says no,

2B) Trade Peavy, Gomes, Badenhop, and Breslow for the best prospects we can get, even if we have to pay most or all of their contracts.

3B) Trade Lester, Uehara, Miller, Ross, and Marrero to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson & Corey Seager.

4B) Look to make only trades that improve our team for 2015 AND beyond. If it takes trading Napoli and Victorino then so be it.

Sox4ever

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Why give Workman starts?  He's not so good this year, he's not fooling anyone anymore, not even at AAA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to soxnewmex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why give Workman starts?  He's not so good this year, he's not fooling anyone anymore, not even at AAA.

[/QUOTE]

He's better than Peavy, but I'd have no issues with going to Webster and Ranaudo before Workman. I might even give Owens a shot, if the others don't do well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Ranaudo is having a great season at AAA, Owens doesn't belong a AA, Webster is Ok and so is Workman but I would use one as a chip in a deal for whatever they think they need. of the two outfielders you mention from CWS I'd go after Garcia he's more controllable  contract wise and he's a better RF. Peavy may be untouchable if this team keeps winning and I know that both Miller and Uehara aren't going anywhere unless this current run collapses. Any trade with the Dodgers were Lester is involved Juan Urias is a must get and then you ask for Seager or Pederson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Dodgers wont make that trade, they'll just wait a few months sign Lester and keep all their prospects. They have 3 good Pitchers now, why give up your best Prospects for a rental. If you did, you better win it all.

Dodgers will buy out Billingsley, save 11 million, and Beckett comes of the books at 15.5, there's your 26.5 for Lester.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Thinking more realistically---I would keep Miller--unless the offers were amazing. I read on WEEI this AM that Miller has the stuff to be a closer--the more I thought about it the more I liked it. We have two guys in the Minors working as closers: Tommy Lane (AAA) and Noe Ramirez(AA). Miller could be our future closer and they could be our closers in waiting.

As I have indicated before, Ue is my favorite Sox player; next to Miller he will possibly get us better prospects, with the exception of Xander, Pedroia,  JBJ or Owens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

A player I would target is JD Ramirez of the Tigers.

Avi Garcia is also a good looking hitter. I haven't seen enough of the Dodgers young OF'ders that are being mentioned. I'm sure if their names are mentioned they must be pretty talented and I thank the contributors for bringing their names to our attention.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Avisail Garcia is injured and hasn’t played since early April.  While he was thought to be out for the year, he appears to be ahead of schedule.  Still, he probably isn’t on an MLB roster until late August or September.  More important, he is the type of player the White Sox are looking to acquire, not trade.

Viciedo is a Cuban Middlebrooks, except that he is ahead of Will in that he has already been moved off 3B…

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The next 8-9 days should go like this:

1) Offer to extend Lester at up to about $125M/5 or $145M/6 tops.

If he says yes,

2A) Trade Peavy and Gomes for prospects and give Workman, de la Rosa and Ranaudo/Webster some (more) starts.

3A) Look to trade some prospects for a player that can help us this year and beyond.

4A Do not trade good prospects for 2 month rentals.

If he says no,

2B) Trade Peavy, Gomes, Badenhop, and Breslow for the best prospects we can get, even if we have to pay most or all of their contracts.

3B) Trade Lester, Uehara, Miller, Ross, and Marrero to the Dodgers for Joc Pederson & Corey Seager.

4B) Look to make only trades that improve our team for 2015 AND beyond. If it takes trading Napoli and Victorino then so be it.

Sox4ever

[/QUOTE]

I think the white flag is slowly working its way down the flagpole...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

We don't need to trade for anyone right now.

Sections
Shortcuts