Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?

Nah...............................

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?

In Response to Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?:
    [QUOTE]Nah...............................
    Posted by TheMaskedAvenger[/QUOTE]

Don't think either team would benefit from that trade.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

no

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In Response to Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?:
    [QUOTE]Nah...............................
    Posted by TheMaskedAvenger[/QUOTE]

Trades within a division are rare, even more rare when every team in the division feels like they can probably win and Yankee/Red Sox trades are the rarest.  I know you were being facetious, but I've seen some "proposed" divisional trades on this board lately and they just aren't happening right now... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

well...............maybe

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira? : Don't think either team would benefit from that trade.
    Posted by jrh1194[/QUOTE]

Except the Yankees...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira? : Trades within a division are rare, even more rare when every team in the division feels like they can probably win and Yankee/Red Sox trades are the rarest.  I know you were being facetious, but I've seen some "proposed" divisional trades on this board lately and they just aren't happening right now... 
    Posted by jasko2248[/QUOTE]

Actually, trades in the division happen all the time, despite many fans repeatedly insisting they don't.  Most trades are not intra-divisional probably for the very simple reason that there are more teams outside the division to trade with.

I wouldn't be surprised if some GM's favored trading within the division, especially for prospects. After all, if you are building for your future, it never hurts to weaken your rivals future simultaneously. I'm sure Jack Z was thinking this way when he acquired Blake Beavan, Justin Smoak, etc. from the Rangers for Cliff Lee...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira? : Actually, trades in the division happen all the time, despite many fans repeatedly insisting they don't.  Most trades are not intra-divisional probably for the very simple reason that there are more teams outside the division to trade with. I wouldn't be surprised if some GM's favored trading within the division, especially for prospects. After all, if you are building for your future, it never hurts to weaken your rivals future simultaneously. I'm sure Jack Z was thinking this way when he acquired Blake Beavan, Justin Smoak, etc. from the Rangers for Cliff Lee...
    Posted by notin[/QUOTE]

The Yankees and Sox haven't made a trade in 15 years (Mike Stanley?) and don't expect one soon as long as they are both contending, which was my point.  Right now, all of the teams in the AL East probably think they can win, so I wouldn't expect any kind of divisional trade between these teams.  Yes, divisional trades happen, but it's when one of those teams wasn't contending, which I guess I didn't make clear enough...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira? : The Yankees and Sox haven't made a trade in 15 years (Mike Stanley?) and don't expect one soon as long as they are both contending, which was my point.  Right now, all of the teams in the AL East probably think they can win, so I wouldn't expect any kind of divisional trade between these teams.  Yes, divisional trades happen, but it's when one of those teams wasn't contending, which I guess I didn't make clear enough...

Actually, this one wasn't so much on you.   More of a generic gripe.

I see it all over - any time anyone suggest two teams in the same division make a trade, it is a 125% guarantee there will be a reply "Teams never trade within the division."  It's the biggest myth in baseball, bigger than he one that says sacrifice bunting is a good strategy, and yes, even bigger than the myth that Mike Scisciosa (sp?) is a good manager.

Just sick of seeing it.  Myself, Omar Infante and Dan Uggla disagree with it.

As for contending, an obvious addition - teams both contedning rarely trade with each other for the simple reason that both want major league contributors, and neither wants to give theirs up.  It's almost impossible to find a match up.  A trade like this would have to go down in spring training.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm glad you were kidding.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Gonzo for Yankees Mark Texeira? : The Yankees and Sox haven't made a trade in 15 years (Mike Stanley?) and don't expect one soon as long as they are both contending, which was my point.  Right now, all of the teams in the AL East probably think they can win, so I wouldn't expect any kind of divisional trade between these teams.  Yes, divisional trades happen, but it's when one of those teams wasn't contending, which I guess I didn't make clear enough...

I did decide to look into this for the fun of it.  First of all, yes the last Sox - Yankees trade was in 1997.  No deals in 15 years is the longest trading gap the Sox have had with any team.  

The second longest trading gap the Sox have with any team belongs to the  Milwaukee Brewers.   Since dealing Joe Hudson to them in 1998, nothing. Also, the Tampa (then Devil) Rays and Red Sox have not made a deal since 1999, and that deal involved a lot of nothing back then.

Sox rarest trading partner?  Easily the Angels. Since sending Fred Lynn and co. to the then-California Angels in 1981, thirty-one years ago, the Sox and Angels have made exactly one trade - Brendan Donnelly for Phil Seibel. Who knew that?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Best Red Sox - Yankee swap ever was sending Mike Stanley to New York for Tony Armas Jr.

All the other swaps worked in the Yankees favor, all of them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

I think this proposed floater would be somewhat similar to the Joe D for Teddy Ballgame talk  years ago. The Stadium would be perfect for AGon and Fenway would suit Tex just fine. I don't think NYC is AG's kind of town.

I do see AGon being moved to the NL West at some point--that might really suit him and his family more than New England--I could see him with the D'Backs or the Dodgers or even back with the Marlins.

I like him a lot and hope he stays but it might work for all concerned.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]Best Red Sox - Yankee swap ever was sending Mike Stanley to New York for Tony Armas Jr. All the other swaps worked in the Yankees favor, all  of them.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Wow, I guess you never heard of Don Baylor or the Pennant of 86?